[ROM][GEN2]CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7)

Guest Test Zeppelin

Guest dnaumov
People with battery drain problems, can you check you battery stats if there is some specific program that causes you battery to drain.

Settings > About phone > Battery use

and also

Apps > Spare Parts > Battery history

for partial wake usage

I don't have any problems with battery (yet anyway..), but as a hint, I personally use SetCPU to underclock the processor when the screen is off. Currently I have it running between 122 and 245 with ondemand governor. This way it should consume a little less even if there are wake locks etc.

Charged at 02.00, at 14.30: 82% left

Android System: 31%

Dialler: 29%

Mobile standby 22%

Phone idle: 12%

Wifi: 3%

Display 3%

What really looks out of place to me is the Dialler: I haven't made any calls in this period and barely touched the phone at all! Battery Mix indicates that the batery has been draining very very slowly up until about 09.00, which is when my phone alarm rang to wake me up, between 9.00 and 14.30 the battery had been drained at a much faster rate than between 02.00 and 09.00.

Guest devilkazuya
All fine with me. 70 or so images, cycled 10 times, no freezes.

On second post, can you please also add text links to nightlies and so on because the images dont show up until you sign in so its pain when you are browsing through the phone.

thanks

Guest Jekle

is anyone still having issues with the proximity sensor tried to call someone today, Proximity didn't work (nightly 57) the screen just stays awake. I'm on Gen 2 with 15mb cache 138mb system and 302mb data?

Guest Maringer
is anyone still having issues with the proximity sensor tried to call someone today, Proximity didn't work (nightly 57) the screen just stays awake. I'm on Gen 2 with 15mb cache 138mb system and 302mb data?

I'm OK with proximity (albeit on CM7.0.2, not N57), but I've developed intermittent charging problems. I had a reboot after charging from USB the other day and, this morning, the phone froze (screen off but LEDs on) when I unplugged the charger. I needed to remove the battery in order to reboot.

Very strange.

Guest Fou-lu
the phone froze (screen off but LEDs on) when I unplugged the charger. I needed to remove the battery in order to reboot.

Very strange.

Oh, that's happened many times on N25, and once so far on 7.0.2, don't think you need to pull battery always, Try connect the USB charger back into the phone and turn on screen while charging, that worked for me.

Guest dnaumov
Charged at 02.00, at 14.30: 82% left

Android System: 31%

Dialler: 29%

Mobile standby 22%

Phone idle: 12%

Wifi: 3%

Display 3%

What really looks out of place to me is the Dialler: I haven't made any calls in this period and barely touched the phone at all! Battery Mix indicates that the batery has been draining very very slowly up until about 09.00, which is when my phone alarm rang to wake me up, between 9.00 and 14.30 the battery had been drained at a much faster rate than between 02.00 and 09.00.

Update - 19.04: 67% left

Android System: 34%

Dialler: 33%

Mobile standby: 18%

Phone idle: 10%

Display: 3%

Wi-Fi: 2%

Minimum use between 14.30 and 19.04 (basically only turned on the screen a few times to check the time).

Guest HitcH90

hm... something dont work...

i can unblock phone with all keys :< and batery time is not good. 8h - 50% (22% adnroid, 20% display, 20% phone, 10% mobile standby, and others)

Guest mELIANTE

Use the left ear. I find that it works best that way :mellow:

Guest supermies123

I think there is still shutdown issue or something. I left my Blade charging over night and in the morning it was turned off.

Guest LordKickapoo
Still not working...

I just jump in to conversation...dont know if it helps or if you have already tried it.

But have you tried to check from call settings always use proximity

Guest Victor von Zeppelin
On second post, can you please also add text links to nightlies and so on because the images dont show up until you sign in so its pain when you are browsing through the phone.

thanks

The first tab on the first post actually should have a direct link to the newest nightly, listen in order of Nightly-ness.

Guest heavyduty00

cm7.0.2 works fine for me on gen1 tft with universal converter. touchscreen is good, everything is smooth and no random freezes on my phone. Also fixed wifi issue so now it stays on the whole time, even with screen off, so i dont need an app for it. gps works fine ( but I have never had problems with gps in cm7)

Guest Jekle
I just jump in to conversation...dont know if it helps or if you have already tried it.

But have you tried to check from call settings always use proximity

Still not working

Guest stephen m

Hi guys, using cm7.0.2 on Gen1 and just noticed that my phone wont go into recovery mode when either I reboot via the power button or via clockworkmod - the green Android appears with a few horizonal lines, disappears then reappears and my phone boots up.

How can I resolve this as I need to get into recovery mode to install new Nighties, Stables etc.

PS. Upgraded clockworkmod recently to 3.0.2.7 but just downgraded back to previous to see if that was the issue - but it wasn't.

Any thoughts ?

Guest galorin

Just installed the Nightly 57, getting random reboots when an app accesses the GPS. Need to do the logcat to file thing and attach it to an existing bug report in the tracker.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Just installed the Nightly 57, getting random reboots when an app accesses the GPS. Need to do the logcat to file thing and attach it to an existing bug report in the tracker.
Did you wipe? If not then it can help. However as it seems there is still GPS issues in N57 but not as bad as in previous versions.

If it is still crashing after a wipe then you can try this update that replaces the GPS lib with a one that uses the ZTE 2.2 GPS libs: http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1683473

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest kallt_kaffe
It's not working on Swedish Spring either... I'm on Gen 2

Does it work with Swedish Spring if you use one of the stock kernels (Comviq or Softbank)?

Guest kallt_kaffe
Insmod cifs.ko gave me an out of memory error.

Does anyone use cifs successfully?

CIFS is compiled into the kernel but not as a module. cifs.ko seems to be an old leftover in the release that should be removed.

Guest Grain
using cm7.0.2 on Gen1 and just noticed that my phone wont go into recovery mode when either I reboot via the power button or via clockworkmod - the green Android appears with a few horizonal lines, disappears then reappears and my phone boots up.

Did you install/update ClockworkMod via Rom Manager? If yes, don't do that, it probably installs CWM for Gen2. Install manually via fastboot and don't use Rom Manager on Gen1 phones.

Guest stephen m
Did you install/update ClockworkMod via Rom Manager? If yes, don't do that, it probably installs CWM for Gen2. Install manually via fastboot and don't use Rom Manager on Gen1 phones.

Yes I did update via Rom Manager. But even if I power it off via on/off button and choose the recovery option it still does the same.