Certain Webpages will not scroll?

Guest mancity12

Guest mancity12

Some web pages I go onto seem to lock themselves and not allow me to scroll down them and I was wondering if other people have noticed this and whether there was a fix?

I have tried the stock web browser, Dolphin HD and Miren and they all do the same thing?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Guest mancity12
Try to zoom in or out a little bit, then it should scroll the whole page.

The zoom locks as well so that wouldn't work unfortunately?

Guest Lennyuk
The zoom locks as well so that wouldn't work unfortunately?

strange in the past this has been the fix recommend and others said it worked.

Can you give an example of a website that is locking for you?

Guest Jisonga

Checked out your link and page did not scroll. But i just double tapped screen to zoom in and it scrolled just fine.

I have an Advent Vega using stock browser and stock 1.10 POV Mobii rom.

Jason.

Guest Lennyuk
Checked out your link and page did not scroll. But i just double tapped screen to zoom in and it scrolled just fine.

I have an Advent Vega using stock browser and stock 1.10 POV Mobii rom.

Jason.

oh good, I was not going mad then :D

Guest mancity12

Hmm, I dont have my Vega with me at the moment, so I cannot re-try but I was sure I tried to zoom in and out and it would not let me.

I will try again tonight and let you know. Thanks alot for the help.

Guest beegee1962

Tried it on Miren browser, Rom is Modaco R8, buzz kernel 0.5 and it locks. No zoom, no scroll.

Then I tried it on my HTC Desire with 2.3 stock browser. First no scroll, but double tab zoom worked, then I could scroll.

Have no 2.2 rom for my Desire, so cannot check if it is linked to Android version.

[Edit]

Tried it with Firefox and I could scroll immediately, even without zoom first. :D Love Mozilla :(

Edited by beegee1962

Guest trevor432990

When I had this problem before I reset the browser (Dolphin HD in my case) back to its default settings and it worked first time. Unfortunately I have a feeling you can lose your bookmarks in the process so may need backing up somewhere before trying this. :D

Edited by trevor432990

Guest theatomicfart

Had this problem myself with several other sites as well. Really annoyed me. After reading this topic I toggled the 'show pinch-zoom button' option in the settings of Dolphin browser a couple of times, now the pages zoom and scroll correctly :D. The actual zoom button did not show on thecproblem pages even though it was checked.

Guest trevor432990
Had this problem myself with several other sites as well. Really annoyed me. After reading this topic I toggled the 'show pinch-zoom button' option in the settings of Dolphin browser a couple of times, now the pages zoom and scroll correctly :D. The actual zoom button did not show on thecproblem pages even though it was checked.

Hmm just tried that myself five times but only scrolled correctly once. Very strange :D

Guest mancity12
Hmm just tried that myself five times but only scrolled correctly once. Very strange :D

Ive got home and am on my Vega now and have found that if I zoom in I can scroll, but if I zoom in and then back out again, I cant... wierd.

However, you can just zoom in a little and it will work, so im happy :D