[HELP]Getting back to 1.5 official without the backup ?

Guest solar-mk

Guest solar-mk

I have problem with my t-mobile pulse seem that it can't find my mobile network. The radio antena is off and i have no signal. I have warranty to take it to the service but i have custom rom 2.1 version and i did no backup for my official android 1.5 firmware version. How can i go back to 1.5 when i try to install from the root of the sdcard/dload folder it says "update failed" I tried both methods red + volume up + power and update from the settings.

The reason i need to get back to 1.5 is that i don't want t-mobile to void my phone warranty cause i know the lamers can do that just to charge me for different phone. Help please.

Edited by solar-mk

Guest solar-mk

Update :

1.formatted my sdcard in windows FAT32

2. copied dload folder ( the timemachine one (tried both time machines) on sd card root

3. Booted with red button+ volume up + power , update started but immediately i got the message update failed, i tried this several times .

4 I have this log on my sd card now :

**** SD download log ****

Failure: MD5_RSA verify failure.

Failure: operation did not succeed.

dload_sd_ram_data_proc->(retry >= DLOAD_RETRY) failed!

Summary :

I can install custom ROM's , but my problem is i want the official version of 1.5 because i need to get my phone in T-Mobile to fix it cause it does not receive mobile network signal at al , conectivity problem , wi-fi works fine but the mobile network does not. I will appreciate all advices here Thanks !

Guest solar-mk

Can someone borrow me a nandroid backup of 1.5 firmware is it possible to get back to 1.5 for me ?

Edited by solar-mk

Guest gocegi

I'll do it today or tomorrow, cuz my usb port broke, and my phone won't charge anymore and I'll leave an update

EDIT:

Just downgraded mine successfully with the time machine attached below.

After that, updated it with the December update. Everything is OK

dload.zip

Edited by gocegi

Guest solar-mk
I'll do it today or tomorrow, cuz my usb port broke, and my phone won't charge anymore and I'll leave an update

EDIT:

Just downgraded mine successfully with the time machine attached below.

After that, updated it with the December update. Everything is OK

Hey gocegi i tried other 2 time machine downgrades i will try now this one. I will let you know my result. Thanks for reply bro :D

EDIT : Saddly it does not work for me :S

I tried to format my sd card FAT32 and FAT and to check for errors but that is not the problem, it seems like my phone can only install custom rom's now, any other method to get back the original 1.5 firmware ? Maybe with some backup image ? The problem is that i cant get any mobile signal from T-Mobile and my SIM card does not work also so i dont know how to resolve this i must get the original firmware before ihandle my phone to T-Mobile cause of the warranty.

Edited by solar-mk

Guest sentroy

Also had problems from time to time with downgrading.

I'm not really sure, but have you tried downgrading from official rom (first update to official 2.1 then downgrade) ?

Guest solar-mk
Also had problems from time to time with downgrading.

I'm not really sure, but have you tried downgrading from official rom (first update to official 2.1 then downgrade) ?

I can't upgrade to official rom :S getting the same error log on my sd card when i try Update Fails i can just flash Zipped Custom Rom's now . Been looking to somehow install official ROM i tried many version but none of them can work. Any other suggestions for this problem ? It's weird that my phone does not recognize the SIM card anymore it looks like some drivers are broken to me.... just guessing ... Any ideas what this could be ? I cant understand how i can install custom roms 2.1 but i cant install nothing from official ROM's :S

Guest solar-mk

Yes all the way i did all the necessary procedures.

I am not sure wheather is possible to downgrade from Custom Rom i currently use this one : BigBear MDCand Paul's Pulse 2.1 ROM r5

i tried to install many official 2.1 versions like : UK, Hungarian, Huawei's etc.

i tried to use 3 downgrade time machine files or repartitioners none of them worked i still have the same error log on my SD Card :

**** SD download log ****

Failure: MD5_RSA verify failure.

dload_sd_ram_data_proc->(retry >= DLOAD_RETRY) failed!

Guest solar-mk

I risked the warranty today i had to give the phone on service in order to repair the mobile network "No service" conectivity problem and not reading the SIM card. I hope they will not void the warranty cause i have custom Rom installed.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest solar-mk

Update : I waited 1 week and T-Mobile just voided my warranty because i have custom rom installed. What a joke :S

Now i am stuck with no service network i can't connect to mobile network. Any solution for this ?

Guest Sh4d0w940
Update : I waited 1 week and T-Mobile just voided my warranty because i have custom rom installed. What a joke :S

Now i am stuck with no service network i can't connect to mobile network. Any solution for this ?

Unpack the official 2.1 update with the perl script, then boot into fastboot and wipe everything.

After that you can flash the images you extracted from the official update.

Sh4d0w940

Guest solar-mk
Unpack the official 2.1 update with the perl script, then boot into fastboot and wipe everything.

After that you can flash the images you extracted from the official update.

Sh4d0w940

Sorry but is there any step by step process to do this. I was reading some topics about this but i am noob when it comes to coding. Thanks !

• 2 months later...
Guest ryan widi saputra
the smallest time machine (282KB) should work

there's no "upgradable_versions.txt" in it

The time machine is make all update dload now work till finished, just freeze at Restarting...

But after i take out battery and turn on again, the phone just sit/freeze at huawei logo , or T-mobile logo (depends onthe update data), i have try more than 5 dload file. all same, success update but freeze when turn on phone on Logo.

Guest Fusion0306
The time machine is make all update dload now work till finished, just freeze at Restarting...

But after i take out battery and turn on again, the phone just sit/freeze at huawei logo , or T-mobile logo (depends onthe update data), i have try more than 5 dload file. all same, success update but freeze when turn on phone on Logo.

After you do that, put the "december update" dload folder on the root of your sd card. and update again. You would know that if you read the GUIDE.

Guest ryan widi saputra
After you do that, put the "december update" dload folder on the root of your sd card. and update again. You would know that if you read the GUIDE.

Yes i have, i try and try, finally i burn using bad sdcard, and now the updating display little bit glitchy (have weird white lines) and now all update are failed after the progress reach 100%

ah.... damn, the phone is fine booting just restart when a little hot, when i send to Huawei Service. And it back without OS inside, and i have to pay alot (which i rejected).

Its my first android phone.. so sad....