Do I Need To Somehow Recover?

Guest oceanic79

Guest oceanic79

I seem to have properly borked my Vega...

:D

The last thing I did was to install LCD Density Changer, so as to try and get games to play full screen - from memory I set this to 90, and rebooted.

Now I have the oversized icons, but I'm not able to open many - most! - of the apps. I try for example to open the Market and get the following message...

"The application Market (process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

... giving me the option to Force Close.

How do I get things back to how they were, hopefully without recovering to stock (and having to reinstall everything)? I can't even access 'Settings' (similar message to above).

Thanks in advance!

Guest Panayioti

I think the only way for you is to write a list of all your apps and settings then reflash your vega after download all your apps. Also for future to get apps/games fullscreen untick the box for compatibility in spare parts and reboot your vega then you should have fullscreen apps and games.

Guest carl rose
I seem to have properly borked my Vega...

The last thing I did was to install LCD Density Changer, so as to try and get games to play full screen - from memory I set this to 90, and rebooted.

Now I have the oversized icons, but I'm not able to open many - most! - of the apps. I try for example to open the Market and get the following message...

"The application Market (process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

... giving me the option to Force Close.

How do I get things back to how they were, hopefully without recovering to stock (and having to reinstall everything)? I can't even access 'Settings' (similar message to above).

Thanks in advance!

that app can seriously damage your screen. try launching the app again and reset defaults

Guest oceanic79
I think the only way for you is to write a list of all your apps and settings then reflash your vega after download all your apps. Also for future to get apps/games fullscreen untick the box for compatibility in spare parts and reboot your vega then you should have fullscreen apps and games.

Aw man, I was hoping there was an easier/quicker solution that reflashing to stock and then downloading everything again.

that app can seriously damage your screen. try launching the app again and reset defaults

That's one of the apps it won't now let me access.

Guest peter a
Grr - I can't get into recovery mode using this method.

I tried a hour the first time I need to go into recover mode

What ever they say that method doesn`t work !!!!

So I give my thanks to the people who wrote this :-

Not sure if you tried this:

Once I thought I had bricked my Vega as well, but I could get it back doing the following:

Press power very long, something like 20 or 30 seconds. (on mine backlight went on, but no boot, due to defect ROM)

Press power again until backlight is off.

Then try to go to (I think its called Debug mode) with the 2sec back+2sec power then release power wth still holding back button, I guess you know this.

Then I could install stock ROM to recover.

Same as you I tried everything else before, but it seemed my Vega was never really off

Guest oceanic79
I tried a hour the first time I need to go into recover mode

What ever they say that method doesn`t work !!!!

So I give my thanks to the people who wrote this :-

Not sure if you tried this:

Once I thought I had bricked my Vega as well, but I could get it back doing the following:

Press power very long, something like 20 or 30 seconds. (on mine backlight went on, but no boot, due to defect ROM)

Press power again until backlight is off.

Then try to go to (I think its called Debug mode) with the 2sec back+2sec power then release power wth still holding back button, I guess you know this.

Then I could install stock ROM to recover.

Same as you I tried everything else before, but it seemed my Vega was never really off

Thanks a million!

Recovered my Vega, and currently reflashing with Paul's Rom. It'll take me an age to reinstall every app - been off work this week and spent much of it playing with my Vega - but at least it's not borked.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest carlx

I have a big problem, i install Fuji Vega and as far as i could see every thing went well but now i'm stuck in a boot lope i can get the pc to see the vega but then it reboot's so i can't get back to the standard soft ware, Have i bricked to vega now i'v done over 10 android phone with out any problem and this is the 1st time i've manage to get things so wrong.

Guest mintvilla
I have a big problem, i install Fuji Vega and as far as i could see every thing went well but now i'm stuck in a boot lope i can get the pc to see the vega but then it reboot's so i can't get back to the standard soft ware, Have i bricked to vega now i'v done over 10 android phone with out any problem and this is the 1st time i've manage to get things so wrong.

no if you see all of the other million posts about how to put the vega into recovery mode, you can reflash the stock firmware.

have you downloaded vega tools 3.0? makes life even easier

to put into recovery switch it off (make sure its off hold down for at least 6 seconds) press menu for 2 seconds, press power for 2 seconds while continuing to press menu, then let go of power and still hold menu for 2 seconds, and that will put it into recovery (the screen stays blank so it doesnt look like youve done anything, but it is in recovery) then using vega tools just reflash stock rom.