f1 timing app

Guest cjtkd

Guest cjtkd

Hi

With the F1 season about to kick off this friday, I wondered if anyone here has downloaded the F1 timing app for their Vega? Im reluctant to spend £20 on an app that might not run properly. I used tfhe iphone version the last 2 years and its brill!!

Guest peter a
Hi

With the F1 season about to kick off this friday, I wondered if anyone here has downloaded the F1 timing app for their Vega? Im reluctant to spend £20 on an app that might not run properly. I used tfhe iphone version the last 2 years and its brill!!

Pay !!!!! , what`s that ?

Lots of free one , which should do the same job.

Guest Garry Reed

There's an official F1 app ( Formula1.com), just do a search on the market, it runs ok the vega but not tried it during a live session yet.

g

Edited by Garry Reed

Guest peter a
There's an official F1 app ( Formula1.com), just do a search on the market, it runs ok the vega but not tried it during a live session yet.

g

f1 news ( 2011 ) by dogmac

and

formula one(f1)news by slackersoft

both looks nice.

Edited by peter a

Guest cjtkd
f1 news ( 2011 ) by dogmac

and

formula one(f1)news by slackersoft

both looks nice.

Sorry guys, the other apps dont come close, TRUST me! The app im talking about tracks the cars via gps and shows their position on track in real time allowing you to zoom in on the cars position relative to the others and even rotate the map in realtime!

Oh and yes i pay for the good apps like this, its waaaaaay better than the freebies.

Guest xrfil

does this app work for the practise sessions as well? As i couldnt get it to work for P1 and now P2 on my desire HD, just runs in demo mode

Guest swarrans

The BBC website shows gps car positions on the race day itself - I used it on a laptop last season so I presume it will work on the vega

Guest cjtkd
The BBC website shows gps car positions on the race day itself - I used it on a laptop last season so I presume it will work on the vega

Sorry to keep going on BUT thecapp is way better, oh and yes it should work in practice:-S

Guest blcollier

I saw this app last season, but then I saw the price of it. I think I used the official app before - the free one - and it works well on my Desire, but I couldn't really justify spending £20 on a mobile phone app!

If anyone does actually test the supershiny £20 version on their Vega, I might be tempted into a purchase!

Guest bazanime
Sorry to keep going on BUT thecapp is way better, oh and yes it should work in practice:-S

Then bite the bullet and buy it cos' I doubt there are any out there that would fit your discerning taste. Besides I don't know if there are many other Vega users that are hardcore F1 fans to get the reply you want. I am a fan btw :D

Guest Lennyuk

I have not yet taken the plunge of the £20, but I may well do it and if so will let you know (had the app last year)

at the moment I am just using the free formula1.com app

Guest cjtkd
I have not yet taken the plunge of the £20, but I may well do it and if so will let you know (had the app last year)

at the moment I am just using the free formula1.com app

Im sure you will agree with me, its a fantastic app! If it DOES work on the Vega it will look way better than on a smaller phone screen

Guest Lennyuk
Im sure you will agree with me, its a fantastic app! If it DOES work on the Vega it will look way better than on a smaller phone screen

yes it is, its just the price that puts me off.

Guest cjtkd
yes it is, its just the price that puts me off.

Found this bit of info on their site, being new to the Vega I wondered what peoples thoughts were as to whether this list points towards it working on the Vega possibly?

Though we should support any 1.6+ Android device, we regularly test on following Android devices:

* HTC Desire

* HTC Magic

* HTC Nexus One

* Motorola Milestone

* Samsung Galaxy S

* Samsung Galaxy Tab

* Archos 5 Internet Tablet

* Google Nexus One

* Sony X10 Mini 1st generation

* HTC Wildfire - issues with software OpenGL can cause some minor graphical glitches. Video in MotoGP is not supported on the Wildfire

Guest MarioUK
Found this bit of info on their site, being new to the Vega I wondered what peoples thoughts were as to whether this list points towards it working on the Vega possibly?

Though we should support any 1.6+ Android device, we regularly test on following Android devices:

* HTC Desire

* HTC Magic

* HTC Nexus One

* Motorola Milestone

* Samsung Galaxy S

* Samsung Galaxy Tab

* Archos 5 Internet Tablet

* Google Nexus One

* Sony X10 Mini 1st generation

* HTC Wildfire - issues with software OpenGL can cause some minor graphical glitches. Video in MotoGP is not supported on the Wildfire

Hi,

the Soft Pauer F1 2011 timing app definitely does work on the Vega, i have it running nicely on mine! The interface is a little quirky on a tablet, but the live timing, graphics, and gps stuff all runs very well indeed. in fact its able to make use of the extra graphical power of the vega and uses higher quality graphics than say the HTC Desire which i also run it on.

The full screen live timing is awesome to have next to you when watching the sessions on TV :D

Guest simonta
Hi,

the Soft Pauer F1 2011 timing app definitely does work on the Vega, i have it running nicely on mine! The interface is a little quirky on a tablet, but the live timing, graphics, and gps stuff all runs very well indeed. in fact its able to make use of the extra graphical power of the vega and uses higher quality graphics than say the HTC Desire which i also run it on.

The full screen live timing is awesome to have next to you when watching the sessions on TV :D

Thanks for that MarioUK. Off to buy it now...

PS. Some significant chunk of that £20 will be going to F1 Ltd. I wouldn't fume at the dev.

Guest shrubbery

Hi guys - I have the F12011 Timing App installed on my Vega and it works fine.

The screen is scaled properly and the graphics and text look great.

Great app even though it is overpriced imo.