Complete beginner needs help

Guest jodami

Guest jodami

Morning folks. Just joined the forum after getting my Vega a couple of days ago. Been reading numerous threads and so far have succeeded in getting the android market added to the device.

On the down side, for whatever reason, since I uploaded this add on, my settings i.e date/time reset every time i turn the device off. When i turn it back on im back in January 2009. Am i missing something obvious?

Also, I tried to put a DVD onto the SD card and though it went on fine, it wouldnt play full screen. I have bbc i player and that works fine. Is it to do with the way i have ripped it, or do i need to change some of the settings.

Like i say, I am a complete novice, so all help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Guest trevor432990
Morning folks. Just joined the forum after getting my Vega a couple of days ago. Been reading numerous threads and so far have succeeded in getting the android market added to the device.

On the down side, for whatever reason, since I uploaded this add on, my settings i.e date/time reset every time i turn the device off. When i turn it back on im back in January 2009. Am i missing something obvious?

Also, I tried to put a DVD onto the SD card and though it went on fine, it wouldnt play full screen. I have bbc i player and that works fine. Is it to do with the way i have ripped it, or do i need to change some of the settings.

Like i say, I am a complete novice, so all help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Hi ... on the clock problem there is a known issue with the times resetting with some ROMs/Kernels right now. To fix this I recommend you download and install the free app called ClockSync from the Market it will ask for permissions which when granted will cause it to get the accurate time periodically and when you turn on the Vega.

Not a video format expert but for those amongst who are think you'll need to tell us what software you used to create video file and what format it is in so someone can provide some suggestions. :D

Guest jodami
Hi ... on the clock problem there is a known issue with the times resetting with some ROMs/Kernels right now. To fix this I recommend you download and install the free app called ClockSync from the Market it will ask for permissions which when granted will cause it to get the accurate time periodically and when you turn on the Vega.

Not a video format expert but for those amongst who are think you'll need to tell us what software you used to create video file and what format it is in so someone can provide some suggestions. :D

Yes that might help i suppose!!!

I ripped the dvd through dvdripper and it is in Realplayer so presume its in avi format

Thanks again

Guest blcollier
Yes that might help i suppose!!!

I ripped the dvd through dvdripper and it is in Realplayer so presume its in avi format

Thanks again

Realplayer....?

I'm going to try and come up with a custom Handbrake encoding profile for the Vega over the weekend that will transcode files to the optimal resolution/quality, and to a codec/container format that is supported by the hardware acceleration of the Tegra. If anyone's already done this though, please let me know!

For now, you could just try ripping the DVD to a decrypted ISO, then try using one of the standard Handbrake profiles to transcode the video.