25 Mar: NVflash stock ROM release: v10b dated 1300166062 (15/03/2011)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest hawk7000
CWM for sure, that's why I didn't do anything yet...

mine is a V10a... I need the original ROM for warranty reason.. before any progress could be done~

I'm facing the same issue, is there any chance we'll see a V10A nvflash image? Or is there any known way of flashing the LG images (kdz)?

Guest hawk7000
Why not just do a clockworkmod backup?

P

Because I was stupid to begin with, I didn't realize that the LG software refuses to install their stock firmware. And now it's too late to create the backup that I should have made.

Guest hawk7000
Because I was stupid to begin with, I didn't realize that the LG software refuses to install their stock firmware. And now it's too late to create the backup that I should have made.

After hours searching I have found something that actually looks promising for my situation, a set of .bin + .fls here, I guess it may be usable with the same smartflash tool that the baseband (fls) that is posted here was done with...?

Guest djmcnz

Guys, way too much stress. LG are *very* unlikely to reject a warrant claim (assuming you _ever_ need one) on a *licensed*, *signed* rom... just accept b/c and be done with it.

Guest hawk7000
Guys, way too much stress. LG are *very* unlikely to reject a warrant claim (assuming you _ever_ need one) on a *licensed*, *signed* rom... just accept b/c and be done with it.

That image seems to have worked flawlessly with smartflash, though. I'm back to a pristine v10a of LG craptasticness, ready get this crashy thing replaced!

Guest mfyeung818
It wasn't working.... now I can see some messages!

WISH ME GOOD LUCK!! :)

YESSSSS!!!!!

Now It boot!!!

I'm ready to flash clockworkmod, and restart playing! :)

Thank you all folks! :) :P ;)

HI, How long did you wait for the whole process? I have waited for an hour.

Guest roakes

I need to return my handset, I assume this would be the best way to get it back to factory standard?

I did upgrade the baseband too, I suppose I should revert that back?

Guest djmcnz
I'm stuck at "Nvflash started" from one hour.

How can I retry? Can I just unplug the USB cable?

Yep, try again.

Took me 5 or 6 attempts I think, including some "failed" errors.

Guest neon_
Yep, try again.

Took me 5 or 6 attempts I think, including some "failed" errors.

Thanks, I'm trying again.

There's some way (besides of waiting) to know it's working?

Edit: Ok, if you don't get any message is not working. Now has rebooted in S/W upgrade mode and started sending files :)

Edited by neon_

Guest Neo83

When I try to get into NVflash mode it wont detect it in windows, and phone is completely dead.

Have to pull battery to get it to boot again.

And I tried to revert to stock backup in clockwork, but now it wont boot to android even. It freezes on LG bootscreen.

Wont go into flash mode no matter what I do. Clockwork works, but I would like to get rid of it as I am to return the phone for service.

Any clue here?

Edit: Suddenly worked...strange

Edited by Neo83

Guest sndaniele

hi!

I would like to return to stock situation like when i bought my phone. this is because now i get some errors about ended process and i tried different rom. I have done all possible wipe and tried different rom. So i think that it is a problem caused by a wrong restore from a backup. Will this method help me to return to the beginning with original rom?

Edited by sndaniele

Guest goatee
hi!

I would like to return to stock situation like when i bought my phone. this is because now i get some errors about ended process and i tried different rom. I have done all possible wipe and tried different rom. So i think that it is a problem caused by a wrong restore from a backup. Will this method help me to return to the beginning with original rom?

Yes it will - and it worked for me on Win 7 x64, but I had to try a few times - turning the phone off, and then turning it back on into APX mode, and second or third time it worked. I highly recommend checking out http://android.modaco.com/content/lg-optim...s-links-active/ before you do it, as you need to install the drivers manually.

Guest Angel_Garcia

Hi everbody,

can you help me?

I have a LG OPTIMUS 2X and it don't power on.

I tried to plug device in while holding volume down but not appear anything on screem and not detect anything by pc.

Only the pc detect it when Hold volume down + volume up, then I intall nvflash driver and I run flash.bat but when finish the progres the mobile don't power on and don't appear anything on screem.

When run flash.bat appear this below:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador\Escritorio\AndroidModaco\NVflash stock R

OM relase v10b(by paul)\2x-v10b-1300166062-nvflash>.\nvflash.exe --bct E1108_Hyn

ix_512MB_H8TBR00U0MLR-0DM_300MHz_final_emmc_x8.bct --setbct --odmdata 0xC8000 --

configfile android_fastboot_emmc_full.cfg --create --bl fastboot.bin --go

Nvflash started

rcm version 0X20001

System Information:

chip name: unknown

chip id: 0x20 major: 1 minor: 3

chip sku: 0xf

chip uid: 0x0280408540df93d7

macrovision: disabled

hdcp: enabled

sbk burned: false

dk burned: false

boot device: emmc

operating mode: 3

device config strap: 0

device config fuse: 17

sdram config strap: 0

sending file: E1108_Hynix_512MB_H8TBR00U0MLR-0DM_300MHz_final_emmc_x8.bct

- 4080/4080 bytes sent

E1108_Hynix_512MB_H8TBR00U0MLR-0DM_300MHz_final_emmc_x8.bct sent successfully

odm data: 0xc8000

downloading bootloader -- load address: 0x108000 entry point: 0x108000

sending file: fastboot.bin

/ 1024992/1024992 bytes sent

fastboot.bin sent successfully

waiting for bootloader to initialize

Thank in advance.

Guest jambezuk

downloading bootloader -- load address: 0x108000 entry point: 0x108000

sending file: fastboot.bin

/ 1024992/1024992 bytes sent

fastboot.bin sent successfully

waiting for bootloader to initialize

I'm in exactly the same situation, my phone is dead to the world (trying just about everything) it does get seen by nvflash but I too get stuck at "waiting for bootloader to initialize".

Any ideas?

Thanks

Guest Angel_Garcia
I'm in exactly the same situation, my phone is dead to the world (trying just about everything) it does get seen by nvflash but I too get stuck at "waiting for bootloader to initialize".

Any ideas?

Thanks

hello, my mobile work ok now, make the process "nvflash.bat" several times, after I disconnected the phone and then connect it by pressing vol down "no battery" then the mobile turn on and appear "S/W UPGRADE WHILE WAITING" on screen, and update it with the smartflashtool.

Try this process several times. Good luck.

Edited by Angel_Garcia