25 Mar: NVflash stock ROM release: v10b dated 1300166062 (15/03/2011)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest soundsk

Hi,

Am i correct in assuming this stock ROM image was made using nvflash, but instead of writing, you set it to read?

Could you please post the details? I'd really like to make one of my system as it is now. I've been looking at the nvflash executable help, but i'm afraid to miss something and damage the phone...

Cheers!!

Guest palmic

Hello,

I completed this flash procedure very cool and clear, my phone is just like when i unpacked it for the first time when i bought it but...

It has some problems communicating with my sim card.

In my old phone is everything working with the same SIM card, but in Optimus X2 flashed with this now i have a big problems with many SIM card services.

I have a great Vodafone signal, but:

• I cannot to send SMS message (message cannot be sent warning shown)
  • incomming SMS messages is comming with big delay - almost 2hours
  • Noone cannot call me (its behave like my phone is switched off)
  • Vodafone internet is not working
  • only one thing does work - outcomming calls

Tryed to reflash it with the same result.

WTF????

Guest djmcnz
Hello,

I completed this flash procedure very cool and clear, my phone is just like when i unpacked it for the first time when i bought it but...

It has some problems communicating with my sim card.

In my old phone is everything working with the same SIM card, but in Optimus X2 flashed with this now i have a big problems with many SIM card services.

I have a great Vodafone signal, but:

• I cannot to send SMS message (message cannot be sent warning shown)
  • incomming SMS messages is comming with big delay - almost 2hours
  • Noone cannot call me (its behave like my phone is switched off)
  • Vodafone internet is not working
  • only one thing does work - outcomming calls

Tryed to reflash it with the same result.

WTF????

Check all of your APN settings. But this is not for voice... If you have an older Vodafone SIM it may not contain the correct settings and the ROM is clean.

Before you go to too much trouble you might also try re-flashing but I don't think this will help...

Can you check advanced network settings? Do you get a network response?

Settings | Call settings | Additional settings ?

Guest jambezuk
hello, my mobile work ok now, make the process "nvflash.bat" several times, after I disconnected the phone and then connect it by pressing vol down "no battery" then the mobile turn on and appear "S/W UPGRADE WHILE WAITING" on screen, and update it with the smartflashtool.

Try this process several times. Good luck.

Mine never recovered... so it got swapped.

I suspect there was an actual hardware problem as even the chap in the shop struggled to turn it on originally (when the phone was taken out of the box for the very first time!)

New one is running fine though!

Guest palmic
Check all of your APN settings. But this is not for voice... If you have an older Vodafone SIM it may not contain the correct settings and the ROM is clean.

Before you go to too much trouble you might also try re-flashing but I don't think this will help...

Can you check advanced network settings? Do you get a network response?

Settings | Call settings | Additional settings ?

Yes i have old vodafone SIM card.. (iam about to change for new in next days, hope it fix it)

Where can i check that APN please?

is that to *#*#4636#*#* -> "phone info" settings?

THX 4 reply!

Edited by palmic

Guest palmic
Yes i have old vodafone SIM card.. (iam about to change for new in next days, hope it fix it)

Where can i check that APN please?

is that to *#*#4636#*#* -> "phone info" settings?

THX 4 reply!

Got it.

I had 10c ROM version and needed 10b :P

Maybe it was only by some APN settings or something like that, but i dont know, i didnt fix it by enoumerous tryings.

That 10b has working default settings

THX!

Guest palmic
Does this also convert filesystem back to ext3? Or do I have to do that first using the BackToExt3 update in cwm...

I did'nt choosed any, so i dont know how filesystem do i have.

How can i check it?

Guest dagrim1
I did'nt choosed any, so i dont know how filesystem do i have.

How can i check it?

Not sure... I think most custom roms (like modaco custom roms) are ext4?

Guest palmic

I think it doesnt matter. If You want to wipe original rom, choose one of your Country from here (try other if you are not 100% operational and you do have other option - i had 2options for czech republic) and youre done

Guest oophus

Hey,

I've got a problem. I've done everything thats been said in here I believe.

1. Installed the drivers.

2. Started the flash.bat file.

3. The phone botted stating "S/W Upgrade. Please wait while upgrading..."

4. Took out the USB cable when the CMD panel went down and placed the battery in.

5. Tried to boot the phone again by just pressing the power button.

Result. Nothing happens.

My phone wont simply start again...

Someone got a clue for what I can do now?

I've tried the same procedure about 20 times by now, with the same result happening over and over again.

Is the phone broken?

Edited by oophus

Guest oophus

This is what I end up with in the CMD panel. This time I tried to run the flash.bat file several times, also while holding VOL_+ and VOL_- at the same time.

Suddenly it stopped at this point:

NVflash started

rcm version 0X20001

System Information:

chip name: unknown

chip id: 0x20 major: 1 minor: 3

chip sku: 0xf

chip uid: 0x02040834240d117

macrovision: disabled

hdcp: enabled

sdk burned: false

dk burned: false

boot device: emmc

operating mode: 3

device config strap: 0

device config fuse: 17

sdram config strap: 0

sending file: E1108_Hynix_512MB_H8TBR00V0MLR_0DM_300MHz_final_emmc_x8.bct

- 4080/4080 bytes sent

E1108_Hynix_512MB_H8TBR00V0MLR-0DM_300MHz_final_emmc_x8.bct sent successfully

odm data: 0xc8000

downloading bootloader -- load adress: 0x108000 entry poing: 0x108000

sending file: fastboot.bin

/ 1024992/1024992 bytes sent

fastboot.bin sent successfully

setting device: 2 3

creating partition: BCT

creating partition: PT

creating partition: EBT

creating partition: MBR

creating partition: APP

creating partition: CAC

creating partition: MSC

creating partition: EB1

creating partition: LNX

creating partition: EB2

creating partition: DRM

creating partition: EB3

creating partition: SOS

creating partition: EB4

creating partition: UDA

creating partition: EB5

creating partition: UDB

Formatting partition 2 BCT please wait.. done!

Formatting partition 3 PT please wait.. done!

Formatting partition 4 EBT please wait.. done!

Formatting partition 5 MBR please wait.. done!

Formatting partition 6 APP please wait.. done!

Formatting partition 7 CAC please wait.. done!

Formatting partition 8 MSC please wait.. done!

Formatting partition 9 EB1 please wait.. done!

Formatting partition 10 LNX please wait.. done!

Formatting partition 11 EB2 please wait.. done!

Formatting partition 12 DRM please wait.. done!

Formatting partition 13 EB3 please wait.. done!

Formatting partition 14 SOS please wait.. done!

Formatting partition 15 EB4 please wait.. done!

Formatting partition 16 UDA please wait.. done!

Formatting partition 17 EB5 please wait.. done!

Formatting partition 18 UDB please wait.. done!

done!

And there it have been now for 30 mins.. I guess it failed at some point or? Should I try to disconnect the phone now and turn it on?

EDIT: I've tried doing this now for about 12 hours total. I've seen some guys saying that it worked after a couple of tries, but now I'm just about ready to take the badword thing and throw it out of the window....

Edited by oophus

Guest Trym Hansen
Hey,

I've got a problem. I've done everything thats been said in here I believe.

1. Installed the drivers.

2. Started the flash.bat file.

3. The phone botted stating "S/W Upgrade. Please wait while upgrading..."

4. Took out the USB cable when the CMD panel went down and placed the battery in.

5. Tried to boot the phone again by just pressing the power button.

Result. Nothing happens.

My phone wont simply start again...

Someone got a clue for what I can do now?

I've tried the same procedure about 20 times by now, with the same result happening over and over again.

Is the phone broken?

This is the correct procedure:

(If you haven't already done so, install drivers on PC. If you're using an overclocked PC, don't. Restore it to default speeds before flashing.)

o Turn phone off

o REMOVE BATTERY FROM PHONE

o Eject micro-sd card from phone

o While holding BOTH Vol-up and Vol-down depressed, plug in usb-cable.

o You should NOT see anything on the phone-display at this point, it should be black, but you should hear a sound from the computer having discovered a device.

o Now run flash.bat. (Do NOT run any commands to check if the connection is active first. If you do, you will have to unplug the phone and do step 4 again.)

o After the command-window closes, let the phone display the LG-logo, then go to black at least two times before unplugging cable and inserting battery.

If this doesn't work, then, yes, something somewhere is broken. Try to redownload files, then try again. If that doesn't work, try with a different cable. If that doesn't work, use a short path (move the directory containing the image and flash.bat to c:\2x for example) and run it from there. If that doesn't work, try a different USB-socket. If that doesn't work, make sure you have an Optimus 2x phone. If you are sure you do, check that the battery actually holds a charge. If it does, return the phone.

::Trym

Edited by Trym Hansen

Guest Trym Hansen

MCR is ext4, yes, but that doesn't matter when flashing via NVFlash or Smartflash. Unlike CWM, which writes files to an already existing file-system, NV/SmartFlash writes an image, which basically is a block-by-block copy of a ROM. If the image is ext3, then the phone will be ext3.

(You can have foobared the entire file-system, and still be able to recover the phone by NVFlash.)

Guest oophus
This is the correct procedure:

(If you haven't already done so, install drivers on PC. If you're using an overclocked PC, don't. Restore it to default speeds before flashing.)

o Turn phone off

o REMOVE BATTERY FROM PHONE

o Eject micro-sd card from phone

o While holding BOTH Vol-up and Vol-down depressed, plug in usb-cable.

o You should NOT see anything on the phone-display at this point, it should be black, but you should hear a sound from the computer having discovered a device.

o Now run flash.bat. (Do NOT run any commands to check if the connection is active first. If you do, you will have to unplug the phone and do step 4 again.)

o After the command-window closes, let the phone display the LG-logo, then go to black at least two times before unplugging cable and inserting battery.

If this doesn't work, then, yes, something somewhere is broken. Try to redownload files, then try again. If that doesn't work, try with a different cable. If that doesn't work, use a short path (move the directory containing the image and flash.bat to c:\2x for example) and run it from there. If that doesn't work, try a different USB-socket. If that doesn't work, make sure you have an Optimus 2x phone. If you are sure you do, check that the battery actually holds a charge. If it does, return the phone.

Thanks for the response Trym.

The new things you mentioned here that I've not tried out yet are that I shall remove my overclock on my PC, try to have the files on C: instead of on the dashboard. And try to use a different USB sockets on it.

Earlier when I've executed the flash.bat file, it have started doing its thing. The mobil "wakes up" and shows the "Update" message. But I've never experienced it turning off and on again showing the LG logo. The CMD panel just disappear after the deformation bit, and the "Update" message on the phone stays on forever. Or at least an hour, as I've tried to wait that long before I've removed the USB cable.

Don't know how to check if my battery holds a charge though.

EDIT: You wouldn't be able to give me your MSN or skype Trym? Just in case I need some help later on, or have a few questions for you. :P

Edited by oophus

Guest oophus

Holy CRAP!! It worked!

Thank you soo much Trym, and of course the creator Paul. :P

Its maybe a good idea to put what Trym wrote to me in the OP, since it actually made a difference. I did the exact same thing 15-20 times before I tried the tips Trym gave me.

Put the files on a "short path", and use a different USB connection. Earlier I tried to use the USB hub on my monitor. Now I connected it dirrectily on the motherboard. I also removed my overclock on the PC.

So if it wasnt all of them, at least one of them made a difference for me.

Thanks again Trym!

Guest Trym Hansen

Happy to help, glad you got it working.

I just threw in all the known pitfalls, but in your case it was almost certainly the USB-hub. Always connect directly to a native USB-port when flashing. (The overclock might have played a part as well, usb-controllers are known to fail at increased FSB-speeds loong before RAM or CPU, yet nearly nobody tests them for stability when overclocking.)

Guest Christian Engen

Add +1 to the "Successfully unbricked" column. At first it didn't work, but I tried again without doing the "nvflash --sync" test thing, and it finished in a couple of minutes.

Guest rlittlefellow

Hi,

Im new to this forum and i hope you can help.

i just received my phone and when i plugged into lg suite it said it had an update I did this but it did not complete and i was stuck with the update screen even after a hard reset so i tried to flash the drive as following the instructions in this post it has now reset but it does not allow me to select a network operator this part is greyed out.....also in settings it is unable to tell me my battery level, my imei number could someone please help me.

Guest ultramax

Thanks Paul

I "bricked" my phone trying to rollback an backup with Rom manager (premium)

Found this excelent guide and tryed it.

Worked perfect the first time i tried.

Now to the best part:

Befor my phone was version v10b upgraded from v10a with LG software.

The battery time was poor, about 6:30am to 11:00pm (17h) and i got battery warnings

After "bricked" and restored with Pauls guide, directly to v10b

the battery time is improved to last, about 6:30am to 2:00am night after (20h) and i still have 64% battery left.

The phone is much more stable now, prev. it rebooted after aprx 50h, Now i have 95h and no reboot...

SO AGAIN THANK YOU PAUL

Edit: Still running 112h :D

Edited by ultramax

Guest Mureren

I've now had my LG Optimus X2 for about 2-3 months .. in the beginning was the lightning fast but as time has gone it has been very slow and stutters .. several hard resets have not resolved the problem .. I was then recommended to try NVFLASH .. Now that speed ahead on it because it is "new" or whether it actually has helped I do not know .. but at least .. MANY THANKS for the program .. It works just like it should :D

The only "bad" immediately is that all the games in "preinstalled" not in this Rom .. I'm not exactly come across other things missing in this rom ..

Sorry my bad English.. I use Google Translate :D

Edited by Mureren

Guest xxsacra

Hi Team,

MY lg 2X is bricked as hell, doesnt respond to anything, no boot logo at all, doesn't seem NVflahable, when i follow this guide i get a hang at waiting for bootloader to initialize.

C:\flash\2x\2x-v10b-1300166062-nvflash>.\nvflash.exe --bct E1108_Hynix_512MB_H8T

BR00U0MLR-0DM_300MHz_final_emmc_x8.bct --setbct --odmdata 0xC8000 --configfile a

ndroid_fastboot_emmc_full.cfg --create --bl fastboot.bin --go

Nvflash started

rcm version 0X20001

System Information:

chip name: unknown

chip id: 0x20 major: 1 minor: 3

chip sku: 0xf

chip uid: 0x0280408540c07457

macrovision: disabled

hdcp: enabled

sbk burned: false

dk burned: false

boot device: emmc

operating mode: 3

device config strap: 0

device config fuse: 17

sdram config strap: 0

sending file: E1108_Hynix_512MB_H8TBR00U0MLR-0DM_300MHz_final_emmc_x8.bct

- 4080/4080 bytes sent

E1108_Hynix_512MB_H8TBR00U0MLR-0DM_300MHz_final_emmc_x8.bct sent successfully

odm data: 0xc8000

downloading bootloader -- load address: 0x108000 entry point: 0x108000

/ 1024992/1024992 bytes sent

fastboot.bin sent successfully

waiting for bootloader to initialize

I've tried literally everything in this thread, different usb port, different computer, different drivers, Smartflash wont even see the phone (when i plug in with vol-down held nothing happens at all).

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Guest djdarkknight96

Need a little help please. I'm trying to help someone who used this restore on a p999 by mistake. What would I do to make the exact restore for the p999. I will try this from mine. The baseband is really the only thing he hasn't fixed. Thanks ahead of time.

Guest posetr

installation successful but baseband disappeared. I couldnt not see imei number also. How can i re install baseband ?

Edited by posetr