25 Mar: NVflash stock ROM release: v10b dated 1300166062 (15/03/2011)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest maedox
"Turn device off, remove battery, plug device in while holding volume up and down - screen will stay black but Windows will add a new 'APX' devices"

Should i run flash.bat when i am at this step if i already have the APX-drivers installed? OR should i just start the phone and enable USB Debugging and then run flash.bat?

Does V10b work for swedish phones?

One thing i wonder is when i check "Version info" for my phone, here in sweden, it says "SW Version LGP990-V10a" and "factory version" says "LGP990AT-00-V10b-NEU-XXX-MAR-15-2011"

does that mean anything to you, more "into it", guys? :D

If Windows is done with installing drivers just run flash.bat. I most probably have the same model as you (Norwegian/Nordic one) and it flashed fine. 10a/b/c shouldn't matter.

Guest Fiddelito
If Windows is done with installing drivers just run flash.bat. I most probably have the same model as you (Norwegian/Nordic one) and it flashed fine. 10a/b/c shouldn't matter.

Aight, thank you!

Will a flash reset the phone?

Guest maedox
Aight, thank you!

Will a flash reset the phone?

I think it actually doesn't format the sdcard(s), but everything else is, so make a backup of everything important anyway.

The baseband flash (other sticky thread) formats everything, including the external sdcard.

Guest Korumera
I think it actually doesn't format the sdcard(s), but everything else is, so make a backup of everything important anyway.

The baseband flash (other sticky thread) formats everything, including the external sdcard.

If you flash your phone with this version it WILL format your internal SD card. Your External SD card will be left intact. So when you try this, make sure you have a backup.

Guest tanoxxx
Hi Paul,

really thanks for your superb work!!

You are genius, seriously!!

Can you help me? Please?

You have release this rom stock, i I'd like to start to modding my default Dual, but before make that i must to safe can flash a original stock rom for my Dual..

The problem is, your rom is v10b, but is not my rom stock of default , my rom is v10a, i have found this http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW..._00/V10A_00.kdz

How can flash it? or where i can found a v10a for flashing with you procedure?

Thank Paul, i wait only found clarity for this step and after i will enjoy your great work...

Thansk

Ps. Sorry for bad english.

Hi Paul,

please, can you Help me?

I I'd like to enjoy your great work... but without clarity this step i can't :D

Thanks

Edited by tanoxxx

Guest maedox
Hi Paul,

please, can you Help me?

I I'd like to enjoy your great work... but without clarity this step i can't :D

Thanks

There's no difference, so you can flash 10b on 10a just fine. I did.

Guest tanoxxx

Hi maedox

Thanks for the reply,

I understood there is not difference between V10a/b/c but for the Warranty if i need of assistance.. ??

I'd like to know If this rom is correct to warranty, i dont wanna lost my warranty, this is only a prblem...

Guest CashDroid

When i "Turn device off, remove battery, plug device in while holding volume up and down - screen will stay black but Windows will add a new 'APX' devices"

nothing happens i turn off the device, plug device into usb (PC) and micro usb (lg) and holding volume up and down and power but not install the device driver!!! help me

Guest Korumera
Hi maedox

Thanks for the reply,

I understood there is not difference between V10a/b/c but for the Warranty if i need of assistance.. ??

I'd like to know If this rom is correct to warranty, i dont wanna lost my warranty, this is only a prblem...

Just make a nandroid backup of your current version and put that on your pc's harddrive, like this you allways will have a version to flash back with clockworkmod in case you need to ship it back to LG for repairs.

Guest Squide
does this also roll back to the stock recovery or will CWM still be present after this flash?

CWM for sure, that's why I didn't do anything yet...

mine is a V10a... I need the original ROM for warranty reason.. before any progress could be done~

Guest cpootjes

I did everything as told, and now I am looking at the screen of my PC where it says

Nvflash started

But nothing seems to happen, I am waiting 20 minutes now.

What is going on ???

Please help me.

PS

It worked after three times flashing.....

Edited by cpootjes

Guest aMpeX
CWM for sure, that's why I didn't do anything yet...

mine is a V10a... I need the original ROM for warranty reason.. before any progress could be done~

Maybe Paul could comment on this. As far as I understood this flashing procedure rolls back to a "complete stock state" where even the stock recovery is reinstated.

If not so, is there a way to reflash the stock recovery (just asking this for warranty purposes).

This does indeed roll back, but not to 10a. I would recommend - install Clockworkmod, do backup, i'll post a stock recovery seperately and hey presto, you can return to completely stock.

P

Guest Korumera
This does indeed roll back, but not to 10a. I would recommend - install Clockworkmod, do backup, i'll post a stock recovery seperately and hey presto, you can return to completely stock.

P

This indeed would be handy :D i've made a backup of my orginal 10a version and saved it on my harddrive. But when i restore it with CWM it won't remove CWM, so a stock recovery would be more then welcome.

Guest aMpeX

P

mille grazie maestro :D

I'll be getting a german V10b, so i was mainly concerned about the recovery

Cheers

Guest heavyhms

P

Very good news: the only thing that stops me to install clockwork it the impossibility to return to stock (for warranty purpose) with my 10a italian device.

Thank you very much Paul! :D

Guest glenner05

help, i just tried this NVlash with version 10b, dos windows starts to flash and send all kinds of stuff to the phone, dos windows quit, device says soft upgrad, please wait but then nothing happens. It stays like this, even after dos windows closes. Whats happening? i'm afraid to disconnect it and brick it...it doesn't reboot or do anything. now what? I was on Pauls latest rom with EXT4 before the flash, something to do with EXT4?

after a while i disconnected my phone, put battery back in but device doesn't boot anymore! not even a logo, only black screen. Tried this already three times, i'm afraid i bricked it somehow. NVflash keeps on working, so i can reflash it, but every time with same result!

Edited by glenner05

Guest ermacwins

P

Please do this. I cant return to stock. Is it because my internal memory is ext4?

Guest katun79

D:\Optimus_Dual\2x-v10b-1300166062-nvflash>.\nvflash.exe --bct E1108_Hynix_512MB_H8TBR00U0MLR-0DM_300MHz_final_emmc_x8.bct --setbct --odmdata 0xC8000 --configfile android_fastboot_emmc_full.cfg --create --bl fastboot.bin --go

Nvflash started

How many minutes It's supposed to run?

It's about 1 hour now, I think It's too much!!! :D

Guest katun79

It wasn't working.... now I can see some messages!

WISH ME GOOD LUCK!! B)

YESSSSS!!!!!

Now It boot!!!

I'm ready to flash clockworkmod, and restart playing! :D

Thank you all folks! ;) :D :D

Edited by katun79