29 Jun: 4.0.0.5 - ClockworkMod Recovery for the LG Optimus 2X

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest MeX_DK

Well you said you saw something was enabled, I just thought I could disable it myself :). At least hoping it was "just" a setting inside a file in the *.img file that was changeable.

so paul, can u fix the vibrate issue when entering the recovery? it's so annoying.

On the latest build I just posted? I don't see this issue?

P

Guest Skull_NL

I am very confused about these CWM versions.

Currently i am on the official Rom Managers version, i read alot of trouble with it when restoring a nandroid after the baseband flashing.

So i would like to know wich CWM is stable for these issues.

I would like to know if this new 4.005 version can be used to backup and restore EXT3 and EXT4 roms after flashing the baseband. I also heard people talk about not wiping with these versions.

Is there anyone who can clear up these questions?

Skull

Guest navygino

I did stock nandroid backup and tried some other custom ROM.

Now I want to restore back with the backup but my phone just stuck at the LG logo with a blue bar under it.....

Please help!!!

Guest Skull_NL
Updated version now online to fix EXT4 issue! :)

P

I just flashed this recovery. And the ext4 issue is not fixed!

I cannot mount the system and it will not backup.

Is there a fix for this?

Skull

Guest Skull_NL
I just flashed this recovery. And the ext4 issue is not fixed!

I cannot mount the system and it will not backup.

Is there a fix for this?

Skull

Edit:

I changed back to 3.2.0.1. This version is backing up correctly now. I do not know about a restore though?

Skull

Edited by Skull_NL

Guest Skull_NL
Edit:

I changed back to 3.2.0.1. This version is backing up correctly now. I do not know about a restore though?

Skull

Edit 2:

Backing up is one thing restoring is another :) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Edit 3:

But if you cannot back-up in the first place what's the reason for a restore function then ;) :D B)

Edited by Skull_NL

Guest pitywoman
On the latest build I just posted? I don't see this issue?

P

jus tested and really ur version doesnt have vibrate issue. really thanks. thanks thanks thanks

btw paul, is that can add in one small feature, which is vibrate one time, to remind that u succesful boot into recovery instead of starring on it. sometimes will miss it and keep pressing when realeased power button bcome reboot system now...

one more is, progress bar didnt move at all? it jus blank there? so we wont actually know the backup is running or not?

Edited by pitywoman

Guest Clone519

Can CWM 3.2.0.1 flash Fr19 successfully? Or do I have to use the new recovery to do it?

EDIT: what about using the stock Clock Work Mod provided in the app? Will it affect the installation of Fr19?

Edited by Clone519

Guest MeX_DK
Can CWM 3.2.0.1 flash Fr19 successfully? Or do I have to use the new recovery to do it?

EDIT: what about using the stock Clock Work Mod provided in the app? Will it affect the installation of Fr19?

Installation might work fine. But the clockworkmod recovery provided from the app is broken and wont restore correctly

Guest aaww

Paul the problem is still there with EXT4.

I downgraded clockwork to 3.0.2.8 and installed 4.0.0.5 today again to make sure it is not the loadbalancer that served me with the unfixed ver yesterday.

cheers

Guest Skull_NL

I downgraded clockwork to 3.0.2.8 and installed 4.0.0.5 today again to make sure it is not the loadbalancer that served me with the unfixed ver yesterday.

cheers

Hi,

I have downgraded tot the 3.2.0.1 version. Your version has a problem with the restore function after flashing the baseband.

Version 3.2.0.1 work perfect.

So i would recommend 3.2.0.1 to annyone who want a stable CWM.

Guest Skull_NL

cheers

Hi,

I have downgraded tot the 3.2.0.1 version. Your version has a problem with the restore function after flashing the baseband.

Version 3.2.0.1 work perfect.

So i would recommend 3.2.0.1 to annyone who want a stable CWM.

Hi,

Does anyone have a link where i can download the version of CWM just prior to 4.0.0.5 (is it 3.2.0.1)?

i have flashed 4.0.0.5, and am having same problems mounting /system.

Thanks!

Thanks!!

so the external version will look for backups/updates in the external SD card (which is just like the CWMs released by Paul)

while the internal version will look for backups/updates in the internal SD card (modified by Rusty).

Is that correct?

i'm just a little confused by the 2 statements in the explanation:

however the stock O2X mounts it's internal SD card as /sdcard, which confuses ROM Manager a fair bit

and

internal version of the recovery mounts the internal storage as /sdcard as well, so ROM Manager can find backups it's made etc

ehh... if ROM manager is confused by having internal storage mounted as /sdcard (first statement), then why is it that by mounting internal storage as /sdcard, ROM manager can find backups etc (second statement)? :)

Thanks!!

Guest jambezuk
Thanks!!

so the external version will look for backups/updates in the external SD card (which is just like the CWMs released by Paul)

while the internal version will look for backups/updates in the internal SD card (modified by Rusty).

Is that correct?

i'm just a little confused by the 2 statements in the explanation:

and

ehh... if ROM manager is confused by having internal storage mounted as /sdcard (first statement), then why is it that by mounting internal storage as /sdcard, ROM manager can find backups etc (second statement)? :)

Thanks!!

The standard CWM that comes with ROM manager looks at external sd but ROM manager itself looks at /sdcard (internal) so if you go to manage backups it doesn't see any. When ROM manager backs up it reboots into CWM then starts, saving to external sdcard. For many phones the external is /sdcard which is where ROM manager looks - the problem really is with ROM manager not looking in the correct place.

If you use the internal CWM this problem is solved. However, if you update baseband for example sometimes your internal sd is wiped. External is never wiped during these processes so is probably the better option for your backups. Using an external one you can use ROM manager to make the backups but not restore them, for that you'd have to reboot into recovery.

Edit: rewording to make explanation clearer (hopefully).

Edited by jambezuk