Connecting to an Ad Hoc network

Guest killbot87

Guest killbot87

Hi all,

Using CM7, Swiftdroid v1.5 (updating to 1.7 tonight) and I've been trying to get Ad Hoc networks working with the phone to no avail. I've trawled the various forums (here, xda developers, etc) but nothing seems to really help.

(I want to run Gmote through an Ad Hoc because I don't have wifi at my current flat and Premotedroid was being an absolute bugger and wouldn't cooperate fully with bluetooth)

So- I can see the Ad Hoc network, and attempt to connect to it, but it fails to resolve the IP address. I manually assigned an IP (as an Ad Hoc network has no router to allow a DHCP server to auto assign an IP) but this didn't seem to work at all.

Any ideas?

Guest fdespotovski
Hi all,

Using CM7, Swiftdroid v1.5 (updating to 1.7 tonight) and I've been trying to get Ad Hoc networks working with the phone to no avail. I've trawled the various forums (here, xda developers, etc) but nothing seems to really help.

(I want to run Gmote through an Ad Hoc because I don't have wifi at my current flat and Premotedroid was being an absolute bugger and wouldn't cooperate fully with bluetooth)

So- I can see the Ad Hoc network, and attempt to connect to it, but it fails to resolve the IP address. I manually assigned an IP (as an Ad Hoc network has no router to allow a DHCP server to auto assign an IP) but this didn't seem to work at all.

Any ideas?

Maybe you need to reflash your phone.Update to swiftdroid 1.8 or clean android 2.3.1.

Guest killbot87
Maybe you need to reflash your phone.Update to swiftdroid 1.8 or clean android 2.3.1.

Thanks for the reply. Same issue on 1.7 so, sure, no harm in trying 1.8! :D Will report the results should I get round to doing it in the next few days.