Another newbie question ...... whats the difference between these 2 rom modifications?

Guest BillBong

Guest BillBong

Got my Vega a day or so ago, and looking forward to setting it up for day-to-day use. I've read through the topics and "how to" guides on here but I'm still confused about a few things.

From what I understand, MCR8 isn't a ROM in itself but tweaks/optimises the stock ROM and it seems pretty widely used/praised here so I was going to install it. I then saw one thread here referring another ROM modification on the XDA site (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=931337) which also gets good feedback too but is based more on the stock ROM (from what I could understand).

Is this advantageous or disadvantageous in any real way?

Guest peter a
Got my Vega a day or so ago, and looking forward to setting it up for day-to-day use. I've read through the topics and "how to" guides on here but I'm still confused about a few things.

From what I understand, MCR8 isn't a ROM in itself but tweaks/optimises the stock ROM and it seems pretty widely used/praised here so I was going to install it. I then saw one thread here referring another ROM modification on the XDA site (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=931337) which also gets good feedback too but is based more on the stock ROM (from what I could understand).

No, it's impossible to brick unless you use a real brick that is.

I would spend the first week trying different rom etc, learning how to use recovery mode etc.

Because when you have got to right to how you want your tablet, you don't want to start over again.

Guest trevor432990

I have not tried the XDA version of the ROMs as I stick to Modaco ones myself and if you want people here to be able to help you if you get stuck I suggest you do the same. As for differences you would need to check the list of features and changelog to be able to compare them. Go for the Modaco ROMs as we have and I don't think you will be disappointed. :D