device keeps resetting time/date and app market wont work

Guest jodami

Guest jodami

Losing patience with my vega as i just dont seem to be knowledgable enough to make it worthwhile for anything bar the internet. I downloaded the apps market through this site and successfully downloaded things like the i player and youtube, but then as soon as i have to turn if off i lose all my settings and the app market wont download anything anymore. What am i doing wrong? im sure it shouldnt be this damn difficult

Guest simonta
Losing patience with my vega as i just dont seem to be knowledgable enough to make it worthwhile for anything bar the internet. I downloaded the apps market through this site and successfully downloaded things like the i player and youtube, but then as soon as i have to turn if off i lose all my settings and the app market wont download anything anymore. What am i doing wrong? im sure it shouldnt be this damn difficult

It's not difficult. The only difficult bit is getting the market which you've done.

When asking questions, please provide as much detail as you can.

How did you install the market? You say you downloaded it from this site. Do you mean the Modaco Custom ROM?

How do you turn it off, exactly?

What settings do you lose? Everything? Just your Gmail account for the market?

What happens when you try to download something from the market after you've turned it off and back on again?

You mention date/time reset in the title but not in the post. Please also get into the habit of searching before posting. This problem has been posted, and resolved, many, many times in this forum.

Edited by simonta

Guest trevor432990

I see no reply to the 'Device keeps resetting time/date' topic you posted 7 topics down the list from here. Did my answer work for you? If so can you let us know here and in the original topic please when you've managed to load the Market again please :D

Edited by trevor432990

Guest jodami
I see no reply to the 'Device keeps resetting time/date' topic you posted 7 topics down the list from here. Did my answer work for you? If so can you let us know here and in the original topic please when you've managed to load the Market again please :D

I did what another thread said and downloaded clock sync from the app market and it made no difference. The time and dates always reset everytime i turn the device back on and now cause i cant download apps i am baffled as to what to try next.

I downloaded the market from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=930267 and it worked fine initially, but now it wont let me download anything at all. It just says that the app is unavailable whatever i try. Comes up with a red triangle all the time.

I read another thread on here and tried to follow the instructions for the pinned topic where Paul tells you how download things in the first post, but not sure ive down it properly as the device doesn't reboot when ive run the install-windows part it comes up on my windows pc, but doesnt force the Vega to reboot. I have made sure the bug is on and the usb is definitely connected.

Guest trevor432990

OK thanks for the update. I think we need to go back to basics to try and fix your problems. Firstly can you advise us if the Vega still boots OK and that you can get into it? If so can you tell us what it says in SETTINGS > ABOUT DEVICE in the Model Number & Kernel version fields? What operating system is your PC running?

As a rule I try to make it a point to only load official ROMs/Kernels from one place i.e. here at Modaco as trying to load 'unofficial' firmware from other sites can lead to problems and makes it very hard to diagnose what on earth is going on.

Anyway, lets start from scratch and see what we can do OK?

Edited by trevor432990

Guest jodami

Hi

at the moment the model number says Vega

and the info in the kernel version is

2.6.32.9_P10_v1.09_20110211_DIX

I have just erased all the settings in a bid to start from scratch. I just paid for acess to the kitchen thing, downloaded all the files but then my comp (running vista) wont recognise my Vega as new hardware so dunno what to with the files.

Guest trevor432990
Hi

at the moment the model number says Vega

and the info in the kernel version is

2.6.32.9_P10_v1.09_20110211_DIX

I have just erased all the settings in a bid to start from scratch. I just paid for acess to the kitchen thing, downloaded all the files but then my comp (running vista) wont recognise my Vega as new hardware so dunno what to with the files.

OK sounds like you are doing the correct thing in starting again and downloading from this site only to begin with. The problem you have probably hit is due to the USB drivers on your Vista machine being the wrong ones currently. I shall try and find the link for the instructions you need to follow and will let you know soon.

Well that didn't take too long the pdf format guide which Simonta wrote for Vista users can be found through this topic in the first post. Have a good read and try to follow it to the letter and if you get stuck come back and let us know :D

Edited by trevor432990

Guest jodami
OK sounds like you are doing the correct thing in starting again and downloading from this site only to begin with. The problem you have probably hit is due to the USB drivers on your Vista machine being the wrong ones currently. I shall try and find the link for the instructions you need to follow and will let you know soon.

Well that didn't take too long the pdf format guide which Simonta wrote for Vista users can be found through this topic in the first post. Have a good read and try to follow it to the letter and if you get stuck come back and let us know :D

Really, Really appreciate ure patience and help. Looks like i may have actually gone and done it.

Chuffed to bits

Guest trevor432990
Really, Really appreciate ure patience and help. Looks like i may have actually gone and done it.

Chuffed to bits

Excellent ... you're welcome and thanks to Simon for his time putting the guide together :D