Swiftkey FREE

Guest jellywobbles

Guest jellywobbles

Hi Guys 'n' Gals:

I am a registered Swifkey user with my Android phone.

Just got the following email from SwiftKey

Message sent to you follows:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Morning folks,

Apologies if you're on our primary mailing list and have received this

message from me twice, but I couldn't resist making sure everyone was in

the know.

Today on the Amazon Appstore, the full version of SwiftKey is FREE. That

means that anyone who downloads the Amazon client and has an account can

get SwiftKey for $0.00... for one day only. Find out more on our blog here:

http://www.swiftkey.net/blog/?p=405

Given that you folks are by far our most important users, I just wanted to

let you all know this so you can help spread the word! The more people that

find out, the better!

Also, we're a whisker off getting 10,000 VIP beta testers in here, which is

great. To celebrate, we'll be running a special competition for VIPs when

we hit 10,000... so if you know anyone who may wish to sign up, please let

them know. Registration is currently open.

Have a great weekend!

Joe

Joe Braidwood

Chief Marketing Officer, TouchType

Nothing better than FREE! :D

Cheers

JellyW

--

Guest dragon2611

It will let you install the amazon appstore but then just tell you that the app store is not available in your region.

Meh useless.

Guest blcollier
It will let you install the amazon appstore but then just tell you that the app store is not available in your region.

Meh useless.

Ditto. I got Amazon's email about their app store and I got swiftkey's email about the free offer today. Neither of which, of course, managed to point out that it isn't frikkin' available where I live.

I wouldn't go near the Amazon App store with a 1000ft barge pole. Stay well away imo (although might as well get free apps I guess :D)

What's wrong with it? Why stay away?

And for those who do want to download the free stuff, you can do it - search for the other post re the amazon app store.

Guest newbe5
What's wrong with it? Why stay away?

And for those who do want to download the free stuff, you can do it - search for the other post re the amazon app store.

The Amazon App Store is PER DEVICE. Meaning if you buy an app on your phone, then get a new phone, you no longer have the app available. The store checks your phones serial to make sure it is the same device that you bought the app on.

this is intentional, not an oversight, and this is also why the GameLoft games are available on the Amazon App Store and not the Android Market (they want more money).

So, if your phone breaks, and you get a warranty replacement. Say byebye to all of your paid apps.

I won't be using it in a million years.

Zeb

Guest blcollier
The Amazon App Store is PER DEVICE. Meaning if you buy an app on your phone, then get a new phone, you no longer have the app available. The store checks your phones serial to make sure it is the same device that you bought the app on.

this is intentional, not an oversight, and this is also why the GameLoft games are available on the Amazon App Store and not the Android Market (they want more money).

So, if your phone breaks, and you get a warranty replacement. Say byebye to all of your paid apps.

I won't be using it in a million years.

Zeb

:D

That's a bit crappy, and kind of defeats the object of having an "app store". They don't do that for the Kindle - all your kindle purchases are available on the device itself, as well as the mobile phone apps - so I wonder what's changed their minds.

Guest Barbs80
The Amazon App Store is PER DEVICE.

I have the appstore installed on both my Desire and Vega, and all the apps I've downloaded are accessible on both devices and I get notifications on the vega to download apps which I have downloaded using my desire (I have only installed free apps - but wouldn't have thought paid ones would be any different).

I have the appstore installed on both my Desire and Vega, and all the apps I've downloaded are accessible on both devices and I get notifications on the vega to download apps which I have downloaded using my desire (I have only installed free apps - but wouldn't have thought paid ones would be any different).

Same here. I cannot see why they would do it any other way. In fact I downloaded something I didn't want and it keeps popping up on both desire and vega as yet to be installed.

Guest newbe5
Same here. I cannot see why they would do it any other way. In fact I downloaded something I didn't want and it keeps popping up on both desire and vega as yet to be installed.

Check with a paid app.

Guest Sanddancer75

Maybe it's tied to the phones IMEI number? The Vega doesn't have one so you might get away with it that way?

Just a thought.