Best phone to get?

Guest airchie

Guest airchie

All,

I've been watching the threads in this forum subsection with interest.

It seems that this phone is showing how it should be done with it being easily mod-able and obviously extremely quick.

Is there any other phones like this (other than the Nexus S) that are as easily modded and with such nice hardware?

I'm due to change my phone soon as my Nexus One has dust under the screen (again) so I'm thinking this looks like the top contender for my hard-earned...

I just want to be sure there's not any other phones out there I should be considering.

Thanks guys. :D

Guest Attitudes

As an "HTC Fanboy" i went out to get this phone a week ago, and im a happy owner of an extremly fast and good phone, the O2x :D

Rly easy to root, and if i know paul right he will be pushing out custom img for this baby soon!

When it comes down to another phone that could compare to this one.....wel there is none atm, but there is coming dual core phones from both htc and samsung (and others) in the next months, its rly up to u to deside if u wana wait for something faster/better :D

For me, im 100% that i got the right phone in the O2x ( for now that is )

On a side note, what i do miss is sense from HTC, so i hope someone will make a rom on this one that got the sense feel :-)

Guest Deoxyribonucleic_Acid

I was fairly sold on this phone, until I read this review. As an owner of this device, can you support or refute these claims? What have your experiences with video and music playback been? Oh and also, on the previous page they also complain about the camera, is this as bad as they make it sound? Or is it bearable?

Guest Korumera
I was fairly sold on this phone, until I read this review. As an owner of this device, can you support or refute these claims? What have your experiences with video and music playback been? Oh and also, on the previous page they also complain about the camera, is this as bad as they make it sound? Or is it bearable?

I have this phone myself and havent had any problems with video and or music so far. I must say i don't use the stock app for music but Poweramp and that works just perfectly. The camara has some problems with auto brightness and whitebalance but if you set stuff manually that works really fine. In short yes this phone has some small problems (camara is one of them) but it's nothing serious.

I have this phone myself and havent had any problems with video and or music so far. I must say i don't use the stock app for music but Poweramp and that works just perfectly. The camara has some problems with auto brightness and whitebalance but if you set stuff manually that works really fine. In short yes this phone has some small problems (camara is one of them) but it's nothing serious.

Fantastic, the review just made it sound like you'd never get more than 1fps out of it. Which I must say I thought odd for something with the tegra in. Thanks for the reassurance.

~~DNA

EDIT: Also, in addition. Is the sim free version fully unlocked for UK carriers?

Edited by Deoxyribonucleic_Acid

Guest scuj1
Fantastic, the review just made it sound like you'd never get more than 1fps out of it. Which I must say I thought odd for something with the tegra in. Thanks for the reassurance.

~~DNA

EDIT: Also, in addition. Is the sim free version fully unlocked for UK carriers?

That's the point in 'Sim-Free'! :D

Just checking, in the past I've been looking at phones, all is good. Then I look up the frequencies and the english ones (Well, often 2G but not 3G) aren't supported. That was more the point I was getting at.

Guest djmcnz

Doesn't that just mean "without sim card"?

I might be wrong but if you buy a "sim free" phone from a carrier, it may still be network locked to that carrier. I'd also want to check that it was explicitly unlocked just in case there was any confusion.

Guest scuj1
Doesn't that just mean "without sim card"?

I might be wrong but if you buy a "sim free" phone from a carrier, it may still be network locked to that carrier. I'd also want to check that it was explicitly unlocked just in case there was any confusion.

Pretty much! Lol, but with it being without a sim card, the phone is not tied to ANY carrier. Carriers/Networks in the UK don't sell sim-free phones. Pay As You Go, well, that's a different matter :D !

Guest Drakon911
Pretty much! Lol, but with it being without a sim card, the phone is not tied to ANY carrier. Carriers/Networks in the UK don't sell sim-free phones. Pay As You Go, well, that's a different matter :D !

Would it work on T-Mobile in the US?

You guys get all the good phones first! :D

Guest scuj1
Would it work on T-Mobile in the US?

You guys get all the good phones first! :D

As long as said phone's frequency band matched those in the US (most are quad-band, so would, maybe apart from 4G?).

Don't know about that! The Dutch seem to have got their hands on the 2X before anybody else in Europe! :D