Absolute beginner needing a little help (if possible)

Guest AnneW

Guest AnneW

Hi all, Anne here... just bought an Advent Vega on the recommendation of a 'spotty kid' in a Currys Store who assured me this was "just like a cheaper version of an IPAD" hmmmm instincts were kinda screaming at me but being on a budget thought ok, give it a shot.... and I am struggling with it. Can someone please point me in the direction of where I can find some step by step instructions on how I can install drivers on this thing? I bought a case with in-built keyboard which works on my laptop but no response when I connect it to my Vega. I am assuming that it needs a driver. having downloaded the USB driver from the myadventvega site twice, I don't know what to do with it next to get it onto the Vega itself !

Help !! Please !! (never had android before and would rather learn the ropes than take it back) also have looked around but cant find what I am looking for (probably because I am a little bit frustrated at the moment and my brain has started to operate in its lower function)

Thank you !

AnneW

Edited by AnneW

Guest trevor432990

Hi Anne ... welcome to the forum!

Firstly can you tell us what operating system the PC/Laptop will be running which you intend to use to modify the Vega please? We shall need to understand that in order to point you at the relevant instruction guide to follow.

Guest AnneW
Hi Anne ... welcome to the forum!

Firstly can you tell us what operating system the PC/Laptop will be running which you intend to use to modify the Vega please? We shall need to understand that in order to point you at the relevant instruction guide to follow.

Hi, thanks for your help, using Windows 7.

AnneW

Guest Panayioti

The usb driver is for your computer/laptop so it can recognise the vega but for your issue there's an 'app' on here called usb switcher this should help because after switching the usb switcher to 'host' your vega can then recognise the keyboard. Just search 'usb switcher'.;-)

Guest trevor432990
Hi, thanks for your help, using Windows 7.

AnneW

Hi again .... If you go to read this guide it will hopefully help you get to the point you can have your Vega recognised by your laptop and be ready to install the Modaco ROM and Google Market etc. If you get stuck please come back :D