How to force install and app on the vega?

Guest carl rose

Guest carl rose

I have a couple of apps that just won't install and would like to know if it's possible to force install them? I am rooted but only have the 1.09 firmware with minor changes

Could not find anything about this that's why I am asking

Thanks to all in advance :D

Edited by carl rose

Guest trevor432990
I have a couple of apps that just won't install and would like to know if it's possible to force install them? I am rooted but only have the 1.09 firmware with minor changes

Could not find anything about this that's why I am asking

Thanks to all in advance :D

Carl does it come up with any error messages when you attempt to install them? It could be the .apk files need to be put into /system/app folder before you install them perhaps :D

Edited by trevor432990

Guest carl rose
Carl does it come up with any error messages when you attempt to install them? It could be the .apk files need to be put into /system/app folder before you install them perhaps :D

Thanks Trevor, I will try it like that. It doesn't give me any errors just says application install unsuccessful and in the past it installed ok. It's the new Vevo update 1.04 and twitter and now many started doing it as well, like all the angry birds and a few more. I think the problem is with the SD card, it has got quite a lot of traces of backups and other uninstalled apps that I used over the months. I am in the process of making a backup and formatting and only transferring some of the media and the apk folder and see if it works like that. I will report my findings. Even installing Paul's R8 gave me the same problems but transferring some of the apks to the built in flash and unmounting the sd seems to work for some apps.

Guest carl rose
Hmmm interesting ... good luck and keep us posted :(

Thanks mate, will do :D

UPDATE: I cannot believe it. So long trying to install twitter and always failing on the standard vega firmware to be down to the SD. After backing up the apk and media folders formatting the SD and putting them back in I started by installing the troublesome apps. To my amazement, an app that never installed on the non moded 1.09 firmware installed first time together with all of the apps that I was having trouble with. Perfect. To everyone having trouble, keep in mind that if you keep flashing the vega and leaving the SD as it is you might have problems in the future. I sorted mine out by backing up just the apk folders and media and formatting the card putting them back on and installing them again. :D

P.S This also fixes the error when you try to move apps to the SD. I used to get the cannot move app error but after the second try it used to work. Well this fixes that. It's just a pain to move everything to the computer and format the card as this takes hours with a 16GB memory card almost full class 4

Edited by carl rose