Which is your favourite Launcher to use with CM7?

Guest Kthulhu

Guest Kthulhu

Please, sorry if this has been posted before but I can not find I clear answer.

I am currently using CM7-N27 and did not found too much difference between launcherPro-AWD-Stock Gingerbread from the market. All three are a little bit sluggish compare with others Blade roms 2.2, but I am sure this will improve in future releases. I like LancherPro, so I will stick with it for now.

Guest targetbsp

I think ADW Ex is the generally recommended one for the smoothest performance but it's also the one that costs!. It is very good though - and I was a long term LauncherPro user before getting it!

Guest mickey megabyte

i've only been using cm7 a couple of days, but already i find that the stock adw launcher occasionally seems to miss a beat whilst flicking through homescreen changes - not sure if it's the rom's fault, or the launcher :D

so i use launcherpro - it's fast, snappy, responsive and highly configurable - just what i want from a launcher.

i haven't paid for it yet - the ability to resize widgets could be handy, but i don't care for the launcherpro widgets, and it seems that the developer has abandoned the app.

@targetbsp - you say adw ex is smoother than lp? any other reasons why i may want to look at adw ex?

Edited by mickey megabyte

Guest targetbsp

I bet you regret asking. :D You may as well have asked 'what's your favourite colour?' lol. There's a reason you didn't find a clear answer... based on the above I guess it's personal preference. :D

Edited by targetbsp

Guest Kthulhu
I think ADW Ex is the generally recommended one for the smoothest performance but it's also the one that costs!.

maybe I should try ADW eX.

...., but i don't care for the launcherpro widgets, and it seems that the developer has abandoned the app.

He is working in a new launcherPro2.

... based on the above I guess it's personal preference. :D

The more options the better :D

Guest ThrashMan
i've only been using cm7 a couple of days, but already i find that the stock adw launcher occasionally seems to miss a beat whilst flicking through homescreen changes - not sure if it's the rom's fault, or the launcher :D

CM7's ADWLauncher works really well with a couple of tweaks.

1. Settings/ADWLauncher/Drawer disable fade app labels (I remove transparency from background colour here too)

2. Settings/ADWLauncher/System disable wallpaper hack <-- this is the main tweak

I also disable "Surface Dithering" in CM Settings/Performance. Can't see any difference and I think Angry Birds plays smoother.....but that could be wishful thinking

Guest JimJam707
LauncherPro, same launcher as I've used over the last 2 years on my Hero, Galaxy S, and now San Francisco, can't fault it. :D

Wait, you downgraded from a galaxy S?

Guest targetbsp

My friend is trying to sell his Galaxy S so he can buy a Blade. The Galaxy S is atrociously slow at loading apps compared to the Blade. If you don;t have any apps that need the faster CPU then the Blade is actually much more responsive than the Galaxy S!

Guest fonix232

I'm using my own little modded SE Arc Launcher :D

Tried HandlerExploit Launcher, looks good, but needs a lot more care. Starts to lag after a few installations...

Guest broona

Yep, £80 for the San Fran, and sold the SGS for £300, works for me! The SGS was buggy and unresponsive at times, shame, as it was a brilliant phone with the best screen I've ever seen! :D

Guest thisaddiction
I'm using my own little modded SE Arc Launcher :D

Tried HandlerExploit Launcher, looks good, but needs a lot more care. Starts to lag after a few installations...

What did you mod in there exactly?