newsreader recommendation

Guest Dav0

As per the title I'm looking for a newsreader that will allow me to read the articles in full offline

I have tried Newsrob and Pulse the latter is a bit too "bit sized"

searched Google the forum but difficult to know what each one does. Feedr seems popular but not sure if fits the bill

any suggestions welcome

Guest Stooby

I like FeedR. It obviously won't download and cache the web page for each 'story', but it does download the basic RSS story complete with images.

Have you seen "read it later" or are you looking for automatic feed synching?

Thx for replies

No looking for live feeds

really looking to get news onto tablet first thing in the morning so I can read up on the current events on the way to work

I suppose a newspaper experience really

Will read it later it later do this?

Cheers

Ian

Guest gswallow

As long as you like the Guardian (!) then you can use Guardian Anywhere. This syncs all Guardian stories containing tags that you define, at a time of your choosing, ready for reading offline. Its pretty much the ideal solution. Mine is set to DL at 0700, takes about 3 mins and my commute is then covered....

I suppose you don't want to subscribe to anything like The Times? I've only got the £2 a week digital subscription, and have to say that it is great with Press Reader. Get to download the whole paper as it is printed everyday that I want to inc supps. I've used it with the wifi hotspot on my Desire to download whilst waiting at airports/train stations - and the free wifi provided at hotels abroad.

I'm hoping they'll bring out an android app like they're apple one soon...

thanks for replies not sure read it later does quite what I want

will try feedr for a bit and see how that goes

BTW tried guardian anywhere and that is very good, also found BBC news one called beeb anywhere which is similar

will let you know how I go

Hi there, try AG Newspapers UK Free.

It has Daily Record, Herald Scotland, Guardian, Independent, Times, Sun, Mirror, Telegraph, Daily Mail, Financial Times, Metro, and Reuters.

The listing in the app isn't correct, but play with it and you will see you get all the above daily newspapers.

Edited by sgtb