Hi guys, Bit of Advice Please

Guest TaoNinja

Guest TaoNinja

Hey guys,

Just want to say thanks for everyones hardwork with these guys, And advice they have given online,

I am a total n00b at this and have manged to get my phone modden to Cyangenmod 7 1.8 Android 2.3 without having to ask for additional help because of all the information here online on these forums, Its great!

Though it did take me a hell of a long time to get it all right hahah,

I just want to clarify a few things, So that i get this all right and i wont have to "re-flash" anything in the future due to something i forgot to do...

I hear people are saying you need to format your SD card,

So you can save your Apps (Install) onto the SD card rather than the phones memory (Which is the main reason i decided to use a MOD Rom, Internal memory is just not enough)...

But i have managed to install Apps onto the SD card without partioning my SD card, Is the reason for partioning it, Just so that its "Safer" that the phones "Install location" wont get mixed with your Phots/Videos downloaded onto the phone and risk any errors happening?

1)If i need to partion it? Can someone please point me to a guide on how to setup my SD card correctly for this and what path i should install the application to?

2) In regards to LG PC Suite, I am not sure if people use that at all? But i cant get my PC now to recognise my Phone on LG PC Suite, for me to transfer Photos/Videos and back up messages etc etc..

I just manually made a "Music" folder in the DCIM path on my SD Card and transferred music there with "Drag and drop"... I am just wondering, what setting am i missing to make my LG PC suite see my phone? (It worked fine before i modded the phone)..

3) Just want to confirm Bluetooth, because i am not sure if its the phone or my laptop that is the problem?

My phone and PC can recognise eachother but i cant seem to transfer files between them, (I was trying to use Bluetooth method to connect to LG PC Suite)..

I read somewhere that the phone could send files via bluetooth but not recieve or vice-versa not sure which it was, Is this still a problem with Cyangenmod 1.8?

Thanks alot for any advice!

Kind regards,

Renate

Guest AnDroiDMobSFreaK
Hey guys,

Just want to say thanks for everyones hardwork with these guys, And advice they have given online,

I am a total n00b at this and have manged to get my phone modden to Cyangenmod 7 1.8 Android 2.3 without having to ask for additional help because of all the information here online on these forums, Its great!

Though it did take me a hell of a long time to get it all right hahah,

I just want to clarify a few things, So that i get this all right and i wont have to "re-flash" anything in the future due to something i forgot to do...

I hear people are saying you need to format your SD card,

So you can save your Apps (Install) onto the SD card rather than the phones memory (Which is the main reason i decided to use a MOD Rom, Internal memory is just not enough)...

But i have managed to install Apps onto the SD card without partioning my SD card, Is the reason for partioning it, Just so that its "Safer" that the phones "Install location" wont get mixed with your Phots/Videos downloaded onto the phone and risk any errors happening?

1)If i need to partion it? Can someone please point me to a guide on how to setup my SD card correctly for this and what path i should install the application to?

2) In regards to LG PC Suite, I am not sure if people use that at all? But i cant get my PC now to recognise my Phone on LG PC Suite, for me to transfer Photos/Videos and back up messages etc etc..

I just manually made a "Music" folder in the DCIM path on my SD Card and transferred music there with "Drag and drop"... I am just wondering, what setting am i missing to make my LG PC suite see my phone? (It worked fine before i modded the phone)..

3) Just want to confirm Bluetooth, because i am not sure if its the phone or my laptop that is the problem?

My phone and PC can recognise eachother but i cant seem to transfer files between them, (I was trying to use Bluetooth method to connect to LG PC Suite)..

I read somewhere that the phone could send files via bluetooth but not recieve or vice-versa not sure which it was, Is this still a problem with Cyangenmod 1.8?

Thanks alot for any advice!

Kind regards,

Renate

version above 2.2 have full apps2sd support builtin u don't need to make any external partition whatsoever

secondly the phone is not recognized by the PC suite since it is using a modded firmware u can use any alternate pc suits for all android devices

Guest TaoNinja
version above 2.2 have full apps2sd support builtin u don't need to make any external partition whatsoever

secondly the phone is not recognized by the PC suite since it is using a modded firmware u can use any alternate pc suits for all android devices

Hey man,

Thanks for the reply,

Wow really?

Ok i didnt know that haha,

I will search online for some Andorid Mobile PC Suites then,

Thanks alot!

Guest TaoNinja
too long

Whats too long?

First of all i was thanking everyone due to their hard work on the forums,

Because i managed o flash my phone without having to ask any advice,

Then i asked 3 questions..

If i need to partion my SD card, Does the Bluetooth work normally now, and Does LG PC Suite work with the rom?

Sorry if English is not your first language, Its impossible to tell who uses these forums,

But please, Refrain self from "bumping" old threads which have been answered, Unless you have any good information to contribute towards the post..