Flash Player 10.2 not found by browsers

Guest trevor432990

Guest trevor432990

Hi folks ... I've hit a problem since updating my Adobe Flash Player app to latest 10.2 version. I have been able to download and install 10.2 from the Market (and the Vega optimised 10.2 before that) but I'm now in the unenviable position that both browsers (Stock & Dolphin HD) say I should update the software again despite the fact the Market App and Android show I have the correct version loaded and installed !!

I have tried carrying out the instructions Paul gave in his pinned topic to try and sort the browser issue out i.e.

"Simply browse in iFileManager on the device to /system/etc/shuttle_priv and click on the APK file to install."

but this does not work as there is no such entry in that folder. I can correct the problem by unistalling/re-installing the Flash player app but whenever I reboot the Vega the problem comes back. Grrrrrr :D Any ideas what I should do ??

Guest carl rose
Hi folks ... I've hit a problem since updating my Adobe Flash Player app to latest 10.2 version. I have been able to download and install 10.2 from the Market (and the Vega optimised 10.2 before that) but I'm now in the unenviable position that both browsers (Stock & Dolphin HD) say I should update the software again despite the fact the Market App and Android show I have the correct version loaded and installed !!

I have tried carrying out the instructions Paul gave in his pinned topic to try and sort the browser issue out i.e.

"Simply browse in iFileManager on the device to /system/etc/shuttle_priv and click on the APK file to install."

but this does not work as there is no such entry in that folder. I can correct the problem by unistalling/re-installing the Flash player app but whenever I reboot the Vega the problem comes back. Grrrrrr :D Any ideas what I should do ??

I had that problem before and a simple reinstall of flash 10.1 would fix it. Then I would reinstall 10.2 and it would work for a while and after using it a bit and after a couple of reboots it was the same. I backed up everything and reinstalled the 1.09, restored everything and now it's fine and no problems like that anymore. This was before I cleaned my card and has nothing to do with that but since I cleaned the card the vega hasn't gave me any problems at all

Guest trevor432990
I had that problem before and a simple reinstall of flash 10.1 would fix it. Then I would reinstall 10.2 and it would work for a while and after using it a bit and after a couple of reboots it was the same. I backed up everything and reinstalled the 1.09, restored everything and now it's fine and no problems like that anymore. This was before I cleaned my card and has nothing to do with that but since I cleaned the card the vega hasn't gave me any problems at all

Oh my that's a quite a faff but thanks for the advice. Sounds like Android could do with an app/tool a bit like Regcleaner on Windows to get rid of any rubbish left lying around when you do multiple install/deletes. Anyone heard of one?

Guest trevor432990

Just an update on this one .... I've noticed that when I do a re-boot of the Vega (and Flash 10.2 becomes ignored by the browsers) when I look in the Settings > Applications list instead of the Adobe Flash Player app name appearing in the 'A' section (as you would expect in an alphabetic list) it is mysteriously being placed in the 'C-D' section by Android whereas all the other apps remain in strict alphabetic order.

Has anyone else experienced this strange phenomenon and have you any clue of what is going on?? Thanks :D

Guest MarioUK
Just an update on this one .... I've noticed that when I do a re-boot of the Vega (and Flash 10.2 becomes ignored by the browsers) when I look in the Settings > Applications list instead of the Adobe Flash Player app name appearing in the 'A' section (as you would expect in an alphabetic list) it is mysteriously being placed in the 'C-D' section by Android whereas all the other apps remain in strict alphabetic order.

Has anyone else experienced this strange phenomenon and have you any clue of what is going on?? Thanks :D

I've seen this before on my Desire, very odd indeed. If you press Menu though and select "sort by size", then press menu again, and select "sort by name", it should then sort them in the correct order again!

Guest MarioUK

I had this same problem, however for me all I did was uninstall 10.2 from the market, then immediately re-install it again (again from the market). Has worked perfectly ever since, even between reboots.

Guest trevor432990
I had this same problem, however for me all I did was uninstall 10.2 from the market, then immediately re-install it again (again from the market). Has worked perfectly ever since, even between reboots.

Thanks for the tips but have tried this many times now but each time I reboot it's back to the browsers saying the app needs updating. Can you tell me which folder your version of Flash was installed to please ?

Another oddity is the Android apps list & Market shows Flash is installed but when I do a search for 'any' file with Adobe in the filename it finds nothing !?

Edit:- Just seen there are LOADS of people with the same problem reporting it in the 'Re-installing/enabling Flash' topic so it's not just me which is reassuring but alarming. Will keep this topic open for time being whilst I review their comments.

Edited by trevor432990

Guest Nemes1s
Thanks for the tips but have tried this many times now but each time I reboot it's back to the browsers saying the app needs updating. Can you tell me which folder your version of Flash was installed to please ?

Another oddity is the Android apps list & Market shows Flash is installed but when I do a search for 'any' file with Adobe in the filename it finds nothing !?

Edit:- Just seen there are LOADS of people with the same problem reporting it in the 'Re-installing/enabling Flash' topic so it's not just me which is reassuring but alarming. Will keep this topic open for time being whilst I review their comments.

I ended up sticking with the optimised 10.1.120.x version and have not had these problems. 10.2.x (optimised version) gave me loads of problems, particularly with horizontal artefacts. I am also convinced the video quality in 10.2 is not as good.

Guest trevor432990
I ended up sticking with the optimised 10.1.120.x version and have not had these problems. 10.2.x (optimised version) gave me loads of problems, particularly with horizontal artefacts. I am also convinced the video quality in 10.2 is not as good.

I think you are quite right about the quality but I 'think' the sites I'm visiting are forcing me to use the latest version. Can you try using 10.1 on the Al Jazeera live TV website and let me know if it asks you to update or not please?

Edit:- OK thanks

Edited by trevor432990

Guest Nemes1s
I think you are quite right about the quality but I 'think' the sites I'm visiting are forcing me to use the latest version. Can you try using 10.1 on the Al Jazeera live TV website and let me know if it asks you to update or not please?

Yes ok. Haven't got the Vega with me at the mo so will test and let you know tonight.

Guest blcollier

I had no problems with 10.2 being recognised by browsers/websites, but I had to put 10.1 back on. The quality was definitely much worse; lots of visible jaggies on what should have been straight lines, noisy picture... 10.1 is clear as a bell though, and so far I haven't had any sites forcing me to upgrade.

Guest trevor432990
I had no problems with 10.2 being recognised by browsers/websites, but I had to put 10.1 back on. The quality was definitely much worse; lots of visible jaggies on what should have been straight lines, noisy picture... 10.1 is clear as a bell though, and so far I haven't had any sites forcing me to upgrade.

Hmmm can you try Al Jazeera live video too then please?

Guest blcollier
Hmmm can you try Al Jazeera live video too then please?

Works just fine. It's a little jerky sometimes, but it doesn't force me to upgrade or anything. I'm using Miren with Flash 10.1.120.1.

Guest Nemes1s

Edit:- OK thanks

Tested and fine. Didn't prompt for upgrade. I'm using the stock browser at the mo too.

Guest trevor432990

Thanks for the update guys. I believe our problem is down to the fact that in the R7 a vital app was missed out for some reason as pointed out by Dav0 on 7th Feb as follows :-

" Shuttle priv folder doesnt seem to be in the r7 rom for some reason, it is in R6"

I downloaded R6 and copied the Shuttle_priv folder & FP app contained within it to the R7 Vega in /system/etc folder then installed the v10.1 signed Flash Player. Tested it and it was a bit jerky to start (presumably as it was re-caching) but it settled down. I then crossed my fingers and did a re-boot. At first the re-boot force closed (first time this has happened to me) but the second time I rebooted it started OK. Unfortunately the above actions have not stopped the browsers from insisting the player is not installed although as we know it definitely is. Not sure what to try next yet but will keep you posted :D

Edited by trevor432990

Guest simonta

Hi Trevor, bit of a double post, don't want you to miss it, but I replied to the stickied Flash thread. Uninstalling Flash, rebooting and immediately reinstalling 10.2 from the market worked for me. Cheers

Guest trevor432990
Hi Trevor, bit of a double post, don't want you to miss it, but I replied to the stickied Flash thread. Uninstalling Flash, rebooting and immediately reinstalling 10.2 from the market worked for me. Cheers

OK thanks for the info Simon. I think I've already tried that but TBH I've lost track due to the number of reboots I've done. Your method would work for me too but it's when I reboot yet again the problem arises it seems to be something in the booting process. The difference could be you are on R6 and I'm on R7 and as Dav0 said he thinks something was missed out in this release which might be causing this issue. :D