pdf text reading help

Guest malr12

Guest malr12

Bought the vega recently mainly for reading pdf magazines and ebooks.The books on kindle the text is super sharp and very easy to read but when reading pdf magazines and i zoom in to the required level to be able to read the text,the text is not sharp and difficult to read.Have tried ezpdf , adobe reader apps but both have same problem.

Any ideas

Thanks

Mal

Guest Ter4a

I was asking the same question several times, but no answer :D

I hope someone comes up with a good solution, because the Vega is useless as a PDF magazine reader atm.

I tried Quickoffice, and it has a PDF reader too. it was slightly better, but far from good...

Guest Solidare

Hi guys

I’m pretty sure it's more to do with the actual PDF than any software. The text in the PDFs you speak of isn't scalable and so increasing its size by zooming will just pixelate it, just like if you zoom any image too much. I’m guessing that with the kindle app, the book text can be rendered at any size hence, maintaining its clarity. I'm not 100% sure but I would say higher resolution PDFs are the only solution.

I use ezPDF myself which I think is great, Adobe reader was too glitchy for my liking.

Guest theatomicfart

Aldiko the book reading app allows you to view PDF files. I think it is a 'stand alone' viewer and doesn't rely on any other viewer plug in thingy but I am not really sure.

Guest Ter4a

Simonta

I tried different Density settings, but not too much improvement. can you tell us your setting, or the one you think works fine plz?

cheers

Guest warriorscot

I would imagine the problem is the fact that the magazines are made up of a collection of jpeg scans not true PDFs with scalable text and embedded images. And I don't think the jpeg handling on the android apps is capable of a lot of the trickery that a pc version will do to sharpen up lower quality images.

Only solution I can think of is breaking down the pdfs to a collection of individual images. Or getting real e-magazines that aren't images but actual electronic documents with fully scalable text.