[ROM] CorvusVegaRom_0.5 (based in Vegan-Tab from Gojimi)

Guest the_corvus

Guest the_corvus

Cleaning post and new version 0.5

CorvusVegaRom with this features:

ROM Based in Vegan-Tab done by Gojimi for Viewsonic Gpad

NTFS, CIFS, and some other kernel tweaks

New kernel based in Buzz

Patched against last malware (search xda for info)

CWM recovery added directly in the installation, and app to access it too.

Full Market working

Automount of FAT and NTFS devices

CIFS/NFS support (download cifs manager or Mount Manager from market)

VPN support (tun.ko module in /system/lib/module)

Sqlite3 exec for modify app databases

gps.conf updated for better fixing

apns-conf.xml updated for 3G dongles

Reboot option added to shutdown menu

Fix BSOD when reboot, no more black screens...

Multitouch for Google Maps

Ads blocked using host file. (If you have any problem with this go to /system/etc/hosts and delete any problematic line).

Performance fix, now in smartbech 2011 we get +3000/+2000 points !!!

Screen calibration app added.

Added a script to know if we are in host or slave mode, and GscriptLite that is needed.

Fixed problem with sd card and usb pens in host mode.

Some apps moved to /data to free space in /system

Updated Gallery3d

Added VTL.launcher

Added Wfi Ad-Hoc support, so now can connect to ad-hoc networks.

Added Notion Ink Keyboard. (not tested)

BEFORE MAKE ANYTHING, PLEASE READ THIS FULL POST AND DO A NANDROID BACKUP (WITH CWM). I WILL NOT TAKE ANY RESPONSABILITY IN ANY WAY IF YOU BRICK, EAT, OR SIT YOUR TABLET

NOTES

For enter usb host mode:

Press power button, once display get power (you will see the diference), press back button and hold until finish booting.

For know usb mode:

In Gscript Lite, we only need to create a new script and use "cat /data/var/mode" without quotes and with "Needs SU?" marked. It will return in what mode are we, slave or host.

For 3g Dongle:

Start in host mode (back button pressed until vega boots) with 3g dongle inserted.

Once started, extract and put back 3G dongle. If you have PIN it will ask for it.

Test dongle (mine green is working, light blue is detected, but not connected, dark blue is connected). If it stalls in light blue, you have a problem with apns, edit /system/etc/apns-conf.xml or pm me.

For Launcher:

In first boot you can chose default android launcher or default Gojimis's VTL.launcher. Set as default the one you like, or install another one.

For Links2SD:

In Links2SD you get an error first time you start it... reboot tablet and works ok.

- Didn't find any of my wallpapers on the SD Card, had to load "Dev Tools" and restart the media scanner and once completed everything was shown

SEMI-UPDATE (DO A BACKUP):

For the people with game problems, try this: http://vegantab.gojimi.com/download/patch....ove.Gsensor.zip (Yes i know it says that is for the opossite thing... try it)

I test it with Raginf Thuder and works, but sometimes it goes crazy.

AS ALWAYS DO A NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE DO ANYTHING WITH YOUR TABLET.

Installation:

Using CWM (RECOMENDED).

Do a Full Wipe before flashing the rom.

Copy CorvusVegaRom.zip to sdcard and update like any other update.

Dont do a wipe after or the apps included in this rom in /data will be deleted.

Not using CWM. (NOT RECOMENDED)

If you ave CWM, use the other way, if not, use this.

Unzip the file and use install-x where x is your operating system. If windows doesnt recognize the tablet use the usb drivers that are into the zip. This is the way that Modaco ROM is installed so if you have problem, please go to its post to see how to resolve.

Once booted, go to Recovery Boot and do a full wipe. Once done, install the apps that are included in the second zip (data_apps.zip)

CorvusVegaRom 0.5 : http://www.multiupload.com/D9V2VWM243

data_apps.zip : http://www.multiupload.com/CPUZOLTLHO

Thanks to:

Gojimi for Vegan-Tab, VTL.launcher and the info shared to everyone

BumbleBee by his kernel and help

Paul by his scripts that speed this a lot

Koush by scripts for installing kernels

All users from #tegratab in freenode for helping me.

I think dont forgot anyone...

Corvus.

Edited by the_corvus

Guest Hasanpb

Hi, ROM is very nice, but one think is missing, I have POV with 3G and GPS module and there is missing 3G support :D, is it possible to do ORM with 3G support.

Thanks.

I'm tring this rom and this is the bugs:

1. problem with gsensor that not show correctly the screen orientation,

2. problem with wifi that it doesn't permitt to active it

3. problem with airplane mode

4. my pendrive usb in ntfs partition doesn't recognized

my device is pov mobii tegra wothout 3g based on original vega 1.09 firmware this rom.

Edited by boh

Guest premieral

Love parts of the rom and all works great on my vega, especially love the icons :D thanks for all your hard work it is nice to see more roms to play with

Guest premieral

update from my earlier post, re installed all my apps from titanium backup then used the reboot option and vega stuck at pre boot screen :D looks like i will have to reflash stock rom

edit

re installed stock rom re installed this rom, then from a clean install without re installing any apps used the reboot option and again stuck before boot :D

real bummer coz i love the look of this , anyone getting the same issue

Edited by premieral

Guest premieral
Update: Seems to have a BSOD with reboot... fixing it. Link will be up once fixed

Hi all

Here comes a new rom for AdventVega and clones

AS ALWAYS DO A NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE DO ANYTHING WITH YOUR TABLET.

Features:

ROM Based in Vegan-Tab done by Gojimi for Viewsonic Gpad

New kernel based in Buzz but with some little changes (it remains all his kernel features, see Buzz Kernel post to check)

Patched against last malware (search xda for info)

CWM recovery added directly in the installation, and app to access it too.

Market working (like Xoom)

Automount of FAT and NTFS devices

CIFS/NFS support (download cifs manager or Mount Manager from market)

VPN support (tun.ko module in /system/lib/module)

Sqlite3 exec for modify app databases

gps.conf updated for better fixing

apns-conf.xml updated for 3G dongles

Reboot option added to shutdown menu

And other little tweaks

Installation:

1) Using CWM. Copy CorvusVegaRom.zip to sdcard and update like any other update. Wipe data is recommended.

2) Not using CWM. Unzip the file and use adb-x where x is your operating system. If windows doesnt recognize the tablet use the usb drivers that are into the zip. This is the way that Modaco ROM is installed so if you have problem, please go to its post to see how to resolve.

Not tested:

3G Dongle. May work.

Thanks to:

Gojimi by Vegan-Tab

BumbleBee by his kernel and help

Paul by his scripts that speed this a lot

Koush by scripts for installing kernels

All users from #tegratab in freenode for helping me.

I think dont forgot anyone...

Link: DISABLED

Corvus.

cheers corvus this is great work , apart from i have had bsod 3 times trying to work it out :D cant wait for the update

Guest ZeuSSN

Still can't find Google Maps or the IMDB app on the Market with version 0.2.

Will try now doing a Wipe and Reinstalling it from scratch just to be sure.

EDIT : Just tried with a clean Install without luck. No Maps, IMDB or Facebook.

Edited by ZeuSSN

Guest ezynow

How is the switching from host / slave mode done ? Is this buzz kernel ported as is or vegan-tab related?

In terms of performance is there any difference from Buzz's rom / stock / other? Just looking for the most upto date nvidia graphics drivers etc.

Can you add a option to power options to reboot into host / slave mode (depending on first answer is it something dependent on buzz kernel)

Cheers matey

Guest premieral

Cant wait to get home and try it the original looked immense well done :D

edit

downloaded and installed and looking sooo good , not rebooted yet :D but will soon , many thanks Corvus you make this such a great device

Edited by premieral

Guest gswallow

I've just installed this ROM and am having major issues with the keyboard registering mutliple key presses. Not had this issue with Modaco r8, any tips?

Guest gswallow

Bit more info. I've rebooted a few times with no improvement to the keyboard issues. The keyboard closes every time I press a numeric key. Letters work fine (!). Also, orientation won't change from landscape (no biggie), and i need a few presses to register the back/home/menu softkeys. Overall it looks like a screen calibration issue, but I've never had this before with it boxfresh and subsequently running Modaco r8. TP Utility doesn't work either. There's no screen calib. utility in the ROM so I don't see how to fix it.

I'm going back to Modaco, but will hopefully be back to give this another try as the transitions are cool, as is the full width notification tray (at last).

Guest zzleezz

OK, have this running real sweet now. Really impressed with it so far.

Not had any of the issues others have reported. My installation was with a full wipe of data, cache and dalvik.

Loving the way a couple of new Roms lights up the Vega scene :D

*edit*

Did find one small thing. Link2sd can't see my ext partition. It might be my fault though, can't remember how I formatted that card. Will investigate further tomorrow. :D

Edited by zzleezz

Guest the_corvus
OK, have this running real sweet now. Really impressed with it so far.

Not had any of the issues others have reported. My installation was with a full wipe of data, cache and dalvik.

Loving the way a couple of new Roms lights up the Vega scene :D

*edit*

Did find one small thing. Link2sd can't see my ext partition. It might be my fault though, can't remember showbiz formatted that card. Will investigate further tomorrow. :D

Links2sd doesnt work first time is used... like i said in my updated first post... you need to restart and then all will work ok.

Corvus.

Guest zzleezz
Links2sd doesnt work first time is used... like i said in my updated first post... you need to restart and then all will work ok.

Corvus.

Had rebooted a few times anyway but I do think its how I have formatted the card. Link2SD comes up with a dialogue asking what file system the card uses - ext2, ext3, ext4 or fat32. Think I formatted it with ext3 but cant be sure. Tried each setting and it didnt like it, maybe need to reboot after each try. Might repartition the card and see if it works then.

Have you had NTFS mounting working Corvus?