[ROM] CorvusVegaRom_0.5 (based in Vegan-Tab from Gojimi)

Guest the_corvus

Guest Lennyuk
I used usb mode switcher , xvision , but the hold the back button kills this message.

My timing my be wrong are I`ve messed it up with what I`ve installed .

power and back button held = no boot

edit *******

o.k , my timing must have been wrong .

I have working usb stick .

it the hold the black button a switch ( toggle ) or host most and without the hold slave ?

yes boot and hold back you get host, boot normal it is slave

Guest jonnyspuruk
Jonnyspuruk what do you mean by quick settings installed?, is is an app or something?

Thanks

Mav

Yes download it free from market. Go to preferences and add the airplane mode toggle and use that to switch off airplane mode and icon will disappear from notification bar.

Guest Panayioti
To boot into Host mode on this rom you need to hold the back key while powering the device on! you can't use any host switcher apps.

This is what happened to me I used the modaco usb switcher and it booted but after it had booted a message came up with just a black background saying something about the system not working it gave me the choice to force close or wait. If I chose any one it would just stay on a black screen. So then I did what lennyuk said in the quote it had booted with no message but it killed the wifi (error) so now I have reinstalled it. Because as I said in my first post in this topic I LOVE this rom. But for host I will just have to follow lennyuk's way. :D

Guest zzleezz
This is what happened to me I used the modaco usb switcher and it booted but after it had booted a message came up with just a black background saying something about the system not working it gave me the choice to force close or wait. If I chose any one it would just stay on a black screen. So then I did what lennyuk said in the quote it had booted with no message but it killed the wifi (error) so now I have reinstalled it. Because as I said in my first post in this topic I LOVE this rom. But for host I will just have to follow lennyuk's way. :D

DONT use the USB mode switching app. What it does is overwrite your kernel with an older version, that was how the USB mode switching was done in the past. Now you have re installed you should be ok, you can either try CorvusVegaRom again or flash one of the kernels from Corvus or Buzzing Bee that have the mode switching via holding the back button at boot built in.

Guest chrisrich85

Biggest issue for me so far is battery life in standby but i suspect thats not going to get better with the wifi being on all the tie :D

ill have to decide if i need that feature

Guest peter a
Biggest issue for me so far is battery life in standby but i suspect thats not going to get better with the wifi being on all the tie :D

ill have to decide if i need that feature

With me if I app is not constantly using the wifi ( Like LastFm app ) , it goes it to standby of death.

So it`s like leaving to lights on to deter burglars , but leaving the front open.

Guest KiGonJinn

I´ve got a newbie question. Since version 4 is an update and i have not installed previous versions, If I install it will I lose my data? I mean apps, mails and so on.

Guest KiGonJinn

Solved, It doesnt replace anything.

Now I got a bigger problem. I cant connect Wifi, it stay always as obtaining IP direction. Happened to someone else?

Guest premieral
Solved, It doesnt replace anything.

Now I got a bigger problem. I cant connect Wifi, it stay always as obtaining IP direction. Happened to someone else?

seems like perhaps a bad flash why not clean wipe and re flash, it all works beautifully for me but i did have to completely wipe all date and caches :D

Edited by premieral

Guest KiGonJinn
seems like perhaps a bad flash why not clean wipe and re flash, it all works beautifully for me but i did have to completely wipe all date and caches :D

You mean restore factory settings installing official flash and the install version 4 of this rom, dont you? Excuse my poor understanding, since Im spanish I think Im making a little mess in my mind.

Guest premieral
You mean restore factory settings installing official flash and the install version 4 of this rom, dont you? Excuse my poor understanding, since Im spanish I think Im making a little mess in my mind.

Do you have clockworkmod?

Guest premieral
I do have the rom manager.

Sorry im not familiar with rom manager, i used clockwork mod wiped the dalvik cache, restored the factory settings cleared all caches and then flashed corvus new rom however i flashed the original then upgraded to 4, i have found that reflashing and or rebooting cures 99% of all problems, good luck

Guest simonta
I do have the rom manager.

Don't bother with ROM Manager. It can be positively dangerous to use (meaning you might need to reflash) without specific device support. There is nothing ROM Manager can do that you can't do yourself, albeit you need to do a little work.

Guest nfuse

Thanks Corvus i wil try this when i get home. I am using version 0.4 at the moment and that one is already perfect, but i am a flash junky so i have to try it :D

Guest the_corvus
Di i need to wipe all caches etc or can we just flash this over the last 04 version corvus

From first post:

BEFORE MAKE ANYTHING, PLEASE READ THIS FULL POST AND DO A NANDROID BACKUP (WITH CWM). I WILL NOT TAKE ANY RESPONSABILITY IN ANY WAY IF YOU BRICK, EAT, OR SIT YOUR TABLET

Installation:

Using CWM (RECOMENDED).

Do a Full Wipe before flashing the rom.

Copy CorvusVegaRom.zip to sdcard and update like any other update.

Dont do a wipe after or the apps included in this rom in /data will be deleted.

Not using CWM. (NOT RECOMENDED)

If you ave CWM, use the other way, if not, use this.

Unzip the file and use install-x where x is your operating system. If windows doesnt recognize the tablet use the usb drivers that are into the zip. This is the way that Modaco ROM is installed so if you have problem, please go to its post to see how to resolve.

Once booted, go to Recovery Boot and do a full wipe. Once done, install the apps that are included in the second zip (data_apps.zip)

I think that is clear enought...

Corvus.

Guest warriorscot

What have you changed between this version and 0.4. If you have to wipe it between updates I really can't be bothered unless you have added a major features I am going to use or an important bugfix.

Guest the_corvus
What have you changed between this version and 0.4. If you have to wipe it between updates I really can't be bothered unless you have added a major features I am going to use or an important bugfix.

Last 6 lines in features:

Fixed problem with sd card and usb pens in host mode.

Some apps moved to /data to free space in /system

Updated Gallery3d

Added VTL.launcher

Added Wfi Ad-Hoc support, so now can connect to ad-hoc networks.

Added Notion Ink Keyboard. (not tested)

Corvus

Guest ezynow

Hi Corvus,

Cheers for the rom.

Had problems with 3g dongle support.

Strange on r8 - it would let me add a apn without requiring a mcc and another setting. Also the signal would appear & disappear.

No such issues from r8.

Also is it possible to connect an external bluetooth usb. I.e disable internal one and reduce the interference between wifi. Not sure how you can specifically use a bluetooth device from commandline or other means.

Requests:

Is it possible to have it permanantly start up in host mode?

Is it possible to have a version where wifi stops in standby?

Cheers.

Guest beegee1962
Is browser in this rom redirecting to movile pages? this is one of the features that stuck me with Pauls R8

That has nothing to do with the ROM.

Open the browser, then type the address about:debug and press enter key

After that go to settings of the browser, scroll to the end and chage your UAString to Desktop