[ROM] CorvusVegaRom_0.5 (based in Vegan-Tab from Gojimi)

Guest the_corvus

Guest spacecadetuk

nice work, only problem i'm having is i've added the script to find out if i'm in slave or host and i just get "not found"

Guest the_corvus
Hi Corvus,

Cheers for the rom.

Had problems with 3g dongle support.

Strange on r8 - it would let me add a apn without requiring a mcc and another setting. Also the signal would appear & disappear.

No such issues from r8.

Also is it possible to connect an external bluetooth usb. I.e disable internal one and reduce the interference between wifi. Not sure how you can specifically use a bluetooth device from commandline or other means.

Requests:

Is it possible to have it permanantly start up in host mode?

Is it possible to have a version where wifi stops in standby?

Cheers.

You dont need to add any apn... almost all of them are internally stored, so you must follow the steps in the firts post and wait for 10 minutes. If doesnt work, send me your apn data and will include it.

External BT will not work. No drivers for it.

And about host mode and wifi stop, no, sorry... this require kernel modification and i cant modify it for 1 user...

Corvus.

Guest the_corvus
nice work, only problem i'm having is i've added the script to find out if i'm in slave or host and i just get "not found"

I test it in version 0.4 and must work in 0.5. With rootexplorer search for a file called mode in /data/var. If the file is there, you write the command in gscript lite wrong.

I dont have my vega at hand now, but will test once i have it.

Corvus.

Guest Frazer

I just installed v5 from Modaco r8 and I can't get the Marget to work. Everytime I click on an app or my apps it force Closes.

Full wipe before install and installed twice.

Anythoughts?

F

Guest the_corvus
I just installed v5 from Modaco r8 and I can't get the Marget to work. Everytime I click on an app or my apps it force Closes.

Full wipe before install and installed twice.

Anythoughts?

F

Did you do the full wipe into CWM? or in android?

Corvus.

Guest premieral
Hi there,

I'm using the 0.4 Version of this ROM and generally its fantastic, but i have one issue!

After a while, usually after the screen has been locked - my browser stops loading pages - the status bar gets around half way, and then stops! I have to reboot to get it to work again! I don't know if its the browser, or the WiFi....

Anyone heard of this before?

Thanks

i have the same problem sometimes the whole system freezes so i have to force it to shut down but mostly i just have to switch off and on the wifi, however yesterday i turned off the google update notification option and since then no prblems , dont know if they were linked?

Guest spacecadetuk
i have the same problem sometimes the whole system freezes so i have to force it to shut down but mostly i just have to switch off and on the wifi, however yesterday i turned off the google update notification option and since then no prblems , dont know if they were linked?

Yep having exactly the same issues, especially if its been on standby for a while, have to give your solution a try

Guest premieral
How can I update from 0.4 to 0.5 without wipe?

You cant, do a titanium backup for your apps then wipe and flash and rebuild, if you dont want to upgrade you dont have to :D

Guest chrisrich85

Not sure if its just me but after a clean flash of 0.5 my battery life has improved no end. I lost 9% overnight and was losing 30%. Keep up the good work :D

Guest Pyr0x64

I have the same problem here too. The whole tablet just locks up sometimes while loading web pages after being woken :D

how did you turn off the google update notification?

Guest premieral
I have the same problem here too. The whole tablet just locks up sometimes while loading web pages after being woken B)

how did you turn off the google update notification?

sorry i wasnt very specific was i. i turned off in settings >accounts and sync and originally turned both background data and auto sync off, however market moaned it needed background enabling so i put that back on, however i left auto sync off and have ( touch wood ) not had an issue since :D

good luck

al

Guest User22

@ corvus : Is there any chance to get status bar at bottom ? ( by any plugging or what ever i mince, or just it should be done by you on rom progaming)

Guest ZTE_Blade

hi everyone this rom is very well

but ı cannot toshiba player .

none of mp3 or foto film also sdcard alot of all

anybody this problem fix it

Guest premieral
hi everyone this rom is very well

but ı cannot toshiba player .

none of mp3 or foto film also sdcard alot of all

anybody this problem fix it

If you are saying toshiba media player cant find any files i had this problem i had to plug the vega into my pc , even though i didnt transfer anything (all files were already on my sd card) it forced the toshiba media player to re scan and find the files. Hope this helps

Guest jonnyspuruk

Hi don't know if I am missing something here but I was able to update Corvus 4 to 5 using adb install windows. I do not have clockwork mod installed. No wipe required no data install needed. All my apps still on tablet and all working ok ?

Edited by jonnyspuruk

Guest the_corvus
@ corvus : Is there any chance to get status bar at bottom ? ( by any plugging or what ever i mince, or just it should be done by you on rom progaming)

No sorry... i think this cant be done in 2.2...

Corvus

Guest newbe5

I love this ROM, but I did NOT like either the blue theme, or the flippy animations, they were ugly IMO (sorry Corvus! rest of the ROM is great though!). So, I have created a new theme, kind of a HoneyComb-ish vibe to it, and I have also replaced the animations with smoother, scrolling ones.

CorvusThemed-newbe5.png

Download here and flash in ClockworkMod!

newbe5

Guest beegee1962

Finally was able to load the ROM and flash it.

First impression:

Miss Mobile Network Settings in the normal settings. Have to go thru Accounts->Add Account->Wireless settings to get it. That is not comfortable.

3G is not stable (at least on my device). Signal is going on and off, I dont get a connection and APN is (because of no connection) not available.

With UX100 ROM or ViewPad ROM the signal is stable at the same location.

Too bad, the same problems with version 0.5 that I had with 0.3

Maybe I have an incompatible 3G card in my Viewpad, as I have no GPS as well. Will check tonite which card is build in.

Beside of the 3G problems the ROM looks really good. Too bad that I cannot use it at the moment.

[edit]

Opened my Viewpad 10S and I have a Huawei EM770W in it. According to the spec, it has no GPS, so at least that is clear.

But why the 3G cannot connect with this ROM is still unclear to me.

Will tomorrow stroll around here in Shenzhen, there are a lot of electronic shops, maybe I can get a cheap Ericson 3G modul. I saw in another thread that someone could upgrade his Mobii with this card and it seems it has GPS on it.

Corvus, maybe you can check in your ROM if there is specific support for the Huawei necessary.

Thanks for your great work, its my device not your ROM that has a problem.

[/edit]

Guest magnox

Fantastic Rom, love the status bar and animations, love the auto mount of ntfs. Fast and smooth. Only thing that could be improved upon in my opinion is the accelerometer, this would be great to have working better with the new tegra games coming out soon.

I have one strange problem that is not related to just this rom and that is a while after I restored my apps and settings with titanium, my lock screen disappeared and the home icon on the status bar stopped working. This has happened before on other roms so must be related to the restoration of the backup, strange thing is it didn't happen straight away but after I had put it down and left it for a while, and i can't figure out what is causing it, any ideas for a simple fix?