[ROM] CorvusVegaRom_0.5 (based in Vegan-Tab from Gojimi)

Guest the_corvus

Guest wipeout140

After testing CM7 Tweaks tt.RC2, I have to say this ROM is looking as a good alternative

- Amazingly quick

- All major features work well

- Youtube App in HD works compared to CM7

- Market Works properly compared to CM7

- Didn't find any of my wallpapers on the SD Card, had to load "Dev Tools" and restart the media scanner and once completed everything was shown

- Google maps didn't found my location just like r8 ( assumed as some parts are from r8) however cyanogen tt.rc2 was able to find my location prefectly

- vtl launcher is out dated, as 1.4 beta is out compared to the pre installed 1.3 beta (just download newer version)

Aren't tested accelerometer yet, hopefully its as good as it is on cyanogenmod 7.

Thanks again for the great ROM

Edited by wipeout140

Guest the_corvus
Finally was able to load the ROM and flash it.

First impression:

Miss Mobile Network Settings in the normal settings. Have to go thru Accounts->Add Account->Wireless settings to get it. That is not comfortable.

3G is not stable (at least on my device). Signal is going on and off, I dont get a connection and APN is (because of no connection) not available.

With UX100 ROM or ViewPad ROM the signal is stable at the same location.

Too bad, the same problems with version 0.5 that I had with 0.3

Maybe I have an incompatible 3G card in my Viewpad, as I have no GPS as well. Will check tonite which card is build in.

Beside of the 3G problems the ROM looks really good. Too bad that I cannot use it at the moment.

[edit]

Opened my Viewpad 10S and I have a Huawei EM770W in it. According to the spec, it has no GPS, so at least that is clear.

But why the 3G cannot connect with this ROM is still unclear to me.

Will tomorrow stroll around here in Shenzhen, there are a lot of electronic shops, maybe I can get a cheap Ericson 3G modul. I saw in another thread that someone could upgrade his Mobii with this card and it seems it has GPS on it.

Corvus, maybe you can check in your ROM if there is specific support for the Huawei necessary.

Thanks for your great work, its my device not your ROM that has a problem.

[/edit]

My rom has the same files that original 1.09, so 3G must work the same. I fixed the lack of apn configuration adding all the known apns to the default config file, but maybe this file is outdated or misconfigured. You can find it in /system/etc/apns-conf.xml. Search for your 3G provider and check all config is correct.

If you wanna force the use of libs for huawei can edit /system/etc/shuttle_ins.sh. There is loaded the 3G and GPS libraries. The script test what device dou you have and load the needed libraries.

Corvus.

Guest the_corvus
Fantastic Rom, love the status bar and animations, love the auto mount of ntfs. Fast and smooth. Only thing that could be improved upon in my opinion is the accelerometer, this would be great to have working better with the new tegra games coming out soon.

Have you tried the path posted in first post? is not perfect, but at least is no 90º rotated.

Corvus.

Guest the_corvus
Please support CIFS + UTF8.

CIFS is supported with US and EU codepages. Sorry by now UTF-8 is not supported. If i will compile the rom again i will add support, but now i dont have any need to do it.

Corvus.

Guest the_corvus
After testing CM7 Tweaks tt.RC2, I have to say this ROM is looking as a good alternative

- Amazingly quick

- Everything works well

- Youtube App in HD works compared to CM7

- Market Works properly compared to CM7

- Didn't find any of my wallpapers on the SD Card, had to load "Dev Tools" and restart the media scanner and once completed everything was shown

I do more testing over the weekend and edit my post if need be. Thanks again for the great ROM

I didnt know the fix for the wallpapers. Thanks. I will add it to the first post.

Corvus.

Guest wipeout140
I didnt know the fix for the wallpapers. Thanks. I will add it to the first post.

Corvus.

No problem, glad I could help, am sure if you connect the USB, load the SD card and disconnect, I think that also forces the media scanner to restart but doing it that way is just quicker and easier, Thanks again for the ROM

Guest beegee1962
My rom has the same files that original 1.09, so 3G must work the same. I fixed the lack of apn configuration adding all the known apns to the default config file, but maybe this file is outdated or misconfigured. You can find it in /system/etc/apns-conf.xml. Search for your 3G provider and check all config is correct.

If you wanna force the use of libs for huawei can edit /system/etc/shuttle_ins.sh. There is loaded the 3G and GPS libraries. The script test what device dou you have and load the needed libraries.

Corvus.

really strange. will test again and replace the apn config with mine, which I know works well (some special entries for China Unicom and Softbank Japan Iphone SIM :) )

Will check the shuttle_ins.sh as well. But I see the Huawei folder in /devs, so the script should work correct.

Will try and report back.

Finally was able to load the ROM and flash it.

First impression:

Miss Mobile Network Settings in the normal settings. Have to go thru Accounts->Add Account->Wireless settings to get it. That is not comfortable.

3G is not stable (at least on my device). Signal is going on and off, I dont get a connection and APN is (because of no connection) not available.

With UX100 ROM or ViewPad ROM the signal is stable at the same location.

Too bad, the same problems with version 0.5 that I had with 0.3

Maybe I have an incompatible 3G card in my Viewpad, as I have no GPS as well. Will check tonite which card is build in.

Beside of the 3G problems the ROM looks really good. Too bad that I cannot use it at the moment.

[edit]

Opened my Viewpad 10S and I have a Huawei EM770W in it. According to the spec, it has no GPS, so at least that is clear.

But why the 3G cannot connect with this ROM is still unclear to me.

Will tomorrow stroll around here in Shenzhen, there are a lot of electronic shops, maybe I can get a cheap Ericson 3G modul. I saw in another thread that someone could upgrade his Mobii with this card and it seems it has GPS on it.

Corvus, maybe you can check in your ROM if there is specific support for the Huawei necessary.

Thanks for your great work, its my device not your ROM that has a problem.

[/edit]

me too on pov mobii. I have Ericsson F3307 inside it and randomly i essay same problem. anyway this rom likes me very much.

p.s.: this ericsson model hasn't gps capacity.

Edited by boh

Guest beegee1962

Corvus.

Just to make the problem better understandable:

The signal bars in the notification goes on and off. But when its on, it shows a 3 bars signal.

And when I check in Settings->About Device->Status the entries

Network toggle between unknown and the provider

Service State toggles between Out of Service and Radio off

Status so far:

replaced files coming from Viewpad 1.09 ROM

compared files in system between working ROM and CorvusVega => few differences, trying to locate which have influence

replaced apns-config.xml => no change

replaced shuttle_ins.sh => no change

replaced telephonyprovider.apk => no change

tried Buzz kernel 0.7 => no change

replaced setup wizard and settings.apk => no change

getting desperate, so I copied all files from the Viewpad ROM over the CorvusVega ROM. Only the system/framework folder I kept => no change, signal is going on and off :)(

I have no idea what else to change. I give up here for the moment. The ROM looks good and is fast, but without 3G it is useless for me.

Guest anne7
CIFS is supported with US and EU codepages. Sorry by now UTF-8 is not supported. If i will compile the rom again i will add support, but now i dont have any need to do it.

Corvus.

I wait in Japan.

Thank you.

Guest rubbery

Just wanted to says thanks for this. I've tried Paul's roms and CM7 so thought i should give this a go and it is seems really nice and responsiveness. I'm just going through the steps of re-downloading all my apps but so far so good.

Guest David.m

Hi can any one suggest where i can get the file so i can play m4v video files on my vega i could play them on pauls modaco roms but im now using corvus vega rom 0.5 and they dont work. can someone help me please.

Guest extrememonkey

Anyone having problems using this rom and the dock??? when I drop my vega into the dock how do I get it to show up my ext hardrive thats connected.... Used to be able to do this on MCR r8 without switching usb mode but not with this????

Is it possible to do without rebooting into slave/host??? (Always get tbe two confused)

Edited by extrememonkey

Guest chrisrich85

Is anyone having an issue with the app draw being incredibly slow? scrolling opening both seem so slow. im going to re-flash soon but just wanted to seee if anyone else is having the same issues.

Guest steviesteve

Love version 0.4 the best and have used it since launch.... is there a way to have wifi automatically turn off when device goes in standby? I dont need it on all the time and sometimes forget to switch it off, killing the battery!

Guest the_corvus
Anyone having problems using this rom and the dock??? when I drop my vega into the dock how do I get it to show up my ext hardrive thats connected.... Used to be able to do this on MCR r8 without switching usb mode but not with this????

Is it possible to do without rebooting into slave/host??? (Always get tbe two confused)

I dont have a dock (donations or gift needed :)), but i suppose that you must be in host mode...

Corvus.

Guest the_corvus
Love version 0.4 the best and have used it since launch.... is there a way to have wifi automatically turn off when device goes in standby? I dont need it on all the time and sometimes forget to switch it off, killing the battery!

No, sorry... maybe i will recompile to make this change and some others, but not sure... i will think about it this week.

Corvus.

Guest premieral

Since i moved to v 05 my battery has lasted much longer than it ever did on any other rom , corvus i am a big fan :)

Guest extrememonkey

Ok this is drivin me nuts now....

Changing usb mode by holding the back button whilst booting up - does anyone know if this alters the mode for the bottom port of the vega? the port used if you have the dock!

On stock or MCR r8 if i put my vega into my dock I can browse and view the contents of the attached ext hardrive without switching usb modes, apparently the dock port is set to be in host mode. On Corvus rom I cant get my hdd to show up at all....

Any advice would be appreciated, love this rom, but this little niggle (big to me as I have the dock with hdd connected to my tv via hdmi for movies/music etc) is the only thing stopping me from sticking it out with Corvus.

Guest the_corvus
Ok this is drivin me nuts now....

Changing usb mode by holding the back button whilst booting up - does anyone know if this alters the mode for the bottom port of the vega? the port used if you have the dock!

On stock or MCR r8 if i put my vega into my dock I can browse and view the contents of the attached ext hardrive without switching usb modes, apparently the dock port is set to be in host mode. On Corvus rom I cant get my hdd to show up at all....

Any advice would be appreciated, love this rom, but this little niggle (big to me as I have the dock with hdd connected to my tv via hdmi for movies/music etc) is the only thing stopping me from sticking it out with Corvus.

As i dont have a dock, i need you make some test...

install connectbot, and exec:

su

logcat > /sdcard/logcat_dock.txt

Then put your vega in the dock and wait for 30 seconds.

Then send me this file. It will be in your sdcard.

Do the same procedure in host and slave mode changinf the file name (logcat_dock_slave.txt by example)

Corvus.

Guest MaxiP

Hi all - installed 0.5 and in general, really impressed with the ROM. Not a huge fan of the theme / transitions but have used newbe5 blue theme instead.

WiFi on in sleep is great but I'd like the option of turning it off (widget / setting) as there are times when I want to conserve battery life and couldn't be bothered shutting it down (rather than sleep). Any chance of making that modification or allowing users to set the time when WiFi times out & switches off (e.g. 2 hours is more than enough for me to have wifi on during sleep).

Thanks again for your hard work.