[ROM] CorvusVegaRom_0.5 (based in Vegan-Tab from Gojimi)

Guest the_corvus

Guest dagrim1
Hi all - installed 0.5 and in general, really impressed with the ROM. Not a huge fan of the theme / transitions but have used newbe5 blue theme instead.

WiFi on in sleep is great but I'd like the option of turning it off (widget / setting) as there are times when I want to conserve battery life and couldn't be bothered shutting it down (rather than sleep). Any chance of making that modification or allowing users to set the time when WiFi times out & switches off (e.g. 2 hours is more than enough for me to have wifi on during sleep).

Thanks again for your hard work.

When you go to advanced wifi settings you can switch that feature off (set it to always on or off when screen is off). No time options though.

Guest premieral

hey Corvus

I am a huge fan of your Rom , i find it stable ( although VTL isn`t quite so stable ) fast and smooth, but last night i tried the CM7 rom and although it is in my opinion far behind the performance in yours he has managed to make the accelerometer work in my fave game Cool Snowboarder.

this game has n`t worked with any other ROM.

is it a modification he has done that you could implement ?? sorry if its a dumb question but a properly working accelerometer is the only thing that stops your rom being perfect for me :)

Guest godmode

Hi Corvus

Loving the rom and I hope you continue with the good work so that we can all enjoy our vegas just that little bit more! However, and I wouldn't be posting here if there wasn't and 'however':), I am struggling to get the toshiba media player working. When i click on the far right icon, i think it is media, and then click on the server list below it crashes with a google framework error. Is this a known problem? Many thanks if you can shed any light on on the issue or if any other users are seeing the same thing. I did a full factory reset and wiped the cache and davlik before I installed. Everything else is working lovely.

Thanks again.

Chris.

Guest the_corvus
hey Corvus

I am a huge fan of your Rom , i find it stable ( although VTL isn`t quite so stable ) fast and smooth, but last night i tried the CM7 rom and although it is in my opinion far behind the performance in yours he has managed to make the accelerometer work in my fave game Cool Snowboarder.

this game has n`t worked with any other ROM.

is it a modification he has done that you could implement ?? sorry if its a dumb question but a properly working accelerometer is the only thing that stops your rom being perfect for me :)

No by now... CM7 is android 2.3 and CVR is 2.2, so no direct portable fix. And i think that they fixed it using cm7 source code and we dont have vega rom source code, so...

Corvus.

Guest the_corvus
Hi Corvus

Loving the rom and I hope you continue with the good work so that we can all enjoy our vegas just that little bit more! However, and I wouldn't be posting here if there wasn't and 'however':), I am struggling to get the toshiba media player working. When i click on the far right icon, i think it is media, and then click on the server list below it crashes with a google framework error. Is this a known problem? Many thanks if you can shed any light on on the issue or if any other users are seeing the same thing. I did a full factory reset and wiped the cache and davlik before I installed. Everything else is working lovely.

Thanks again.

Chris.

I have the same problem... we have a lack of libraries, it search for libcurl.so and libupno.so. I find a usable libcups.so, but not a libupnp.so.

So i forgot using Toshiba Media Player and now i use PlugPlayer or Twonky (that can be client too).

Corvus.

Guest premieral
No by now... CM7 is android 2.3 and CVR is 2.2, so no direct portable fix. And i think that they fixed it using cm7 source code and we dont have vega rom source code, so...

Corvus.

Thanks for the reply , your rom is still streets ahead of anything else i have used :)

Guest shadow wave

So far this rom is really fast but it loads the app icons faster with the newer launcher installed. Has anybody managed to install a newer version of the launcher without it reverting back to the old version when the tablet is rebooted?

Other than that this is a great rom

Guest premieral
So far this rom is really fast but it loads the app icons faster with the newer launcher installed. Has anybody managed to install a newer version of the launcher without it reverting back to the old version when the tablet is rebooted?

Other than that this is a great rom

Can you be more specific , what launcher what version?

Guest shadow wave
Can you be more specific , what launcher what version?

VTL launcher, version 1.3 is installed so I updated to version 1.4 but when you reboot a screen comes up telling you what's new in version 1.3 and it reverts to this version. I can't get version 1.4 to stay installed after a reboot.

Guest JamJarST
VTL launcher, version 1.3 is installed so I updated to version 1.4 but when you reboot a screen comes up telling you what's new in version 1.3 and it reverts to this version. I can't get version 1.4 to stay installed after a reboot.

I have the same problem, I just keep the apk file for version 1.4 on the sd card and re run it after a reboot. It would be nice if it stay as 1.4 and not revert after each boot.

Guest jonnyspuruk

Hi

I installed the ROM fresh with clockwork mod but had an issue wherby when trying to access Market, it wouldnt let me add my googlemail account details, said could not find data service. It was looking for a mobile network even though WIFI was on. I tried several times but no joy. I ended up having to use my 3g dongle to get access to market and it now works on WIFI. Only thing is now i have an annoying notification in teh taskbar that shows "No Service" Selected Network unavailable and i am unable to get rid of this despite several reboots. Any help would be greatly appreciated?

Thx

Guest the_corvus
I have the same problem, I just keep the apk file for version 1.4 on the sd card and re run it after a reboot. It would be nice if it stay as 1.4 and not revert after each boot.

Soon will be a new version with 1.4 added... wait for it.

Corvus

Guest the_corvus
Hi

I installed the ROM fresh with clockwork mod but had an issue wherby when trying to access Market, it wouldnt let me add my googlemail account details, said could not find data service. It was looking for a mobile network even though WIFI was on. I tried several times but no joy. I ended up having to use my 3g dongle to get access to market and it now works on WIFI. Only thing is now i have an annoying notification in teh taskbar that shows "No Service" Selected Network unavailable and i am unable to get rid of this despite several reboots. Any help would be greatly appreciated?

Thx

Any more info about your tablet? Model? 3g integrated?. Have you done a full wipe?

First time you can skip the setup the once you have wifi configured enter market and setup your google accounts.

Corvus.

Guest JamJarST
Soon will be a new version with 1.4 added... wait for it.

Corvus

Ooh goodie :)

If I install the new version when it comes out, can I do a Nandroid backup and restore of the applications installed? If the answer is yes, will this also work for the apps moved to SD by Link2SD?

Guest godmode

Corvus,

With the newer 1.5 version when you release it, can we just install over the top of 1.4?

also another question not specifically aimed at you Corvus, relates to smartbench 2011. does anyone else get a corrupt Mandelbrot test? mine only shows up in the top left hand corner and is clearly not right. this happened with paul's r8 as well. annoying as I think its affecting my test scores! :)

Chris

Guest the_corvus
Ooh goodie :)

If I install the new version when it comes out, can I do a Nandroid backup and restore of the applications installed? If the answer is yes, will this also work for the apps moved to SD by Link2SD?

My plans is that no wipe will be needed, but not sure now.

Dont know about links2sd, dont tested it.

Corvus.

Guest the_corvus
Corvus,

With the newer 1.5 version when you release it, can we just install over the top of 1.4?

also another question not specifically aimed at you Corvus, relates to smartbench 2011. does anyone else get a corrupt Mandelbrot test? mine only shows up in the top left hand corner and is clearly not right. this happened with paul's r8 as well. annoying as I think its affecting my test scores! :)

Chris

I will release a new rom version, no VTL.launcher.

Corvus.

Guest premieral
I will release a new rom version, no VTL.launcher.

Corvus.

why Corvus i like the vtl launcher in your rom, is it just because the upgraded release is not compatible?

Guest dagrim1
why Corvus i like the vtl launcher in your rom, is it just because the upgraded release is not compatible?

I think he means he releases new roms, not just updated launcher versions?

Very impressive ROM Corvus.

I have one problem, my 3G dongle. I followed the instructions in the first post and the sim unlock code screen appears followed by the signal strength meter in the status bar. However it then spins searching for networks.

In your first post you indicate that an xml file for the apn might need editing, can you advise?

The same dongle works with Buzz kernel and the latest modaco rom so I believe it should work.

Cheers

Edited by ptbw

Guest the_corvus
Very impressive ROM Corvus.

I have one problem, my 3G dongle. I followed the instructions in the first post and the sim unlock code screen appears followed by the signal strength meter in the status bar. However it then spins searching for networks.

In your first post you indicate that an xml file for the apn might need editing, can you advise?

The same dongle works with Buzz kernel and the latest modaco rom so I believe it should work.

Cheers

There is a file (/system/etc/apns-config.xml) that must have all the apns normaly used. Access it with rootexplorer or connectbot to see if your provider configuration is correct.

Anyway normaly i must wait for 3-4 minutes to get connected.

Corvus.

Guest maverick6378

Hi corvus

Is there anyway of changing the notification sounds in this rom, i like the blackberry water sound. Also tried the fuji rom and it has some nice touches but i prefer this one, is there anychance we can get sniffer apk and canvas apk in the next rom as installed on the fuji rom.

Thanks mav