[ROM] CorvusVegaRom_0.5 (based in Vegan-Tab from Gojimi)

Guest the_corvus

Guest premieral
Hi corvus

Is there anyway of changing the notification sounds in this rom, i like the blackberry water sound. Also tried the fuji rom and it has some nice touches but i prefer this one, is there anychance we can get sniffer apk and canvas apk in the next rom as installed on the fuji rom.

Thanks mav

Sniffer and canvas are both available to install dont need to be in the rom

Guest newbe5
Does this fix (http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-vega-vega-modaco-com/328835/accelerometer-fix-for-vega-with-modaco-r6-rom/) work with CorvusVegaRom?

I'd like to know if someone has already tested it before ...

That fix works well enough (on most ROMS). So yes, you can install it on Corvus 0.5.

The next version of Corvus... Well... Accelerometer is going to be no issue at all :)

newbe5

Guest Theopulus
That fix works well enough (on most ROMS). So yes, you can install it on Corvus 0.5.

The next version of Corvus... Well... Accelerometer is going to be no issue at all :)

newbe5

Yessssss, then I hope it will be released soon!!!

Guest maverick6378
Sniffer and canvas are both available to install dont need to be in the rom

Can you point me in the right direction?, looked on market place and not there I also dont know the companied that make those apps.

Thanks

Mav

Guest ace_dynamo
Can you point me in the right direction?, looked on market place and not there I also dont know the companied that make those apps.

Thanks

Mav

Search this forum and you'll find the links to xda website with them on. :)

Guest eriksp

Firstly, thanks for this superb rom.

Secondly, is anybody else experiencing slowdown and lag after a long sleep when running this rom? I had it on sleep for about 3 days and when turned it on this morning it was really slow to react to input. It did not improve in about 5 minutes, so I rebooted it.

Eriks

Guest ed.dark
Came to this from cm7 and can realy recognise the speed this think is slick! Thanks for the good work

It really is fast! CM7 put me off by lagging, no hardware acceleration and dodgy wifi. Will love it when it is fixed with all those tablet tweaks! I also miss the 2.3 cut and paste method!

Guest peter a
I also miss the 2.3 cut and paste method!

I wouldn’t know , my phones is still on 2.21 ( htc wildfire )

Edited by peter a

Guest warriorscot

Screen capture doesn't work on the Vega or any other Android device after google patched the bug that the screen cap apps exploited. You need to use the google software to do it over ADB when your vega is hooked up to USB unless someone has worked into a new workaround.

is there anychance we can get sniffer apk and canvas apk in the next rom as installed on the fuji rom.

Please no, I hate roms that add in apks for anything other than major apps that come stock or should with android. Half the reason I never tried fuji because it has these other useless apks in it. I'll install my own software thanks and with vega tools having a mass installer no excuse for pre packaging a tonne of apks into a rom unless they have been modded.

Guest jinkyjim
Non of the music apps will find any of the music i have on my sd card. Has any one else experienced this and what shoukd i do

I had that problem when i first installed this rom

The answer is, go to dev tools then media scanner then your music files will show up in music apps.

Edited by jinkyjim

Guest add.thebad
I had that problem when i first installed this rom

The answer is, go to dev tools then media scanner then your music files will show up in music apps.

Ahhh thanks worked a treat, but now my speakers dont work :)

Guest Fire Ant

Thanks Corvus, it's been almost a week I've been using your ROM, and it works very well. A question, is VEGAn-TAB open source? I saw this https://github.com/gojimi/VEGAn-TAB but apparently that's very old. I want to modify WindowManagerService.java and fix a few things, including the mouse pointer. But I suppose if I use the old code and compile and then use the new services.jar I would lose some new features of the ROM (?). Thanks again for your great work, looking forward to the new version of your ROM.

Guest the_corvus
Thanks Corvus, it's been almost a week I've been using your ROM, and it works very well. A question, is VEGAn-TAB open source? I saw this https://github.com/gojimi/VEGAn-TAB but apparently that's very old. I want to modify WindowManagerService.java and fix a few things, including the mouse pointer. But I suppose if I use the old code and compile and then use the new services.jar I would lose some new features of the ROM (?). Thanks again for your great work, looking forward to the new version of your ROM.

No, there is not source code... and i think gojimi doesnt have too... he takes framework files from vega and modify to work in gtab and i take frameworks from his rom and modified them to work again in vega.... :)

So if you plan to change something in source, must use google android default, and try to compile it with files from vega.

Corvus.

Guest godmode

Hey Corvus

I have been noticing that the gtab has people submitting benchmark scores with their chipsets overclocked to 1.4ghz. Do you have any plans to intergrate these kernel modules?

edit: in fact here is an article relating to it.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/15/viewson...sale-to-celebr/

Cheers

Chris

Edited by godmode

Guest Fire Ant
Hey Corvus

I have been noticing that the gtab has people submitting benchmark scores with their chipsets overclocked to 1.4ghz. Do you have any plans to intergrate these kernel modules?

edit: in fact here is an article relating to it.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/15/viewson...sale-to-celebr/

Cheers

Chris

I'm not Corvus :-) but I've seen the BuzzBumbleBee kernel, the one Corvus uses, is already patched:

https://github.com/BuzzBumbleBee/android_ke...7dc6fa3b73c0139

Guest dbaseii

Stuck in airplane mode. Whatever i do i cannot take it out. Wifi works but not bluetooth (says i'm in airplane mode)

What do i neef to do?

Guest premieral
Stuck in airplane mode. Whatever i do i cannot take it out. Wifi works but not bluetooth (says i'm in airplane mode)

What do i neef to do?

Quck settings from the market manages to switch it off