Power off reverts to Bootloader

Guest Tazpot

Guest Tazpot

Hi Everyone,

My Wildfire took an unexpected dip in my hottub the other day! :D I got it out of the water within seconds and dried the phone off and everything seemed fine, I used it for a couple of days with no problem until i turned it off.

Now if the power goes off i.e power down or remove battery, when it comes back on it displays the fastboot screen and is frozen (pressing the up/down volume or power buttons have no effect) and the only option is pulling the battery out.

I have tried the HBOOT by holding the Down volume and pressing the power button but when it checks the SD card it says that PC49Diag.img etc are all missing!

I have been able to reinstall the stock ROM via usb (RUU_Buzz_Froyo_HTC_WWE_2.22.405.1_Radio_13.55.55.24H_3.35.20.10_release_160191_

igned) and the phone works again with everything back as if its a brand new phone. That is until I turn the power off again. :(

Unfortunately the phone has HBOOT-1.01.0001

Any clues as to what could be going wrong? Or any ideas as to how it can be sorted?

I use the phone for work etc and do not want to take the risk of losing all my info everytime the power goes off (and we all know this is highly possible with the Wildfire battery) :D

Thanks in advance for any help.