Solved - Vega BRICKED?? installed NTFS automount, HelpMe!

Guest voppie

Guest voppie

Guys never mind, after typing the post i tried 2sec once more, without charger!. This time the screen was black, I thought it was powered off!

I plugged USB into the P10AN01 clicked softwareimage from Vega site (1.09) And voila!! it was found by NVFlash!! I am sooo happy!!

Have a nice day, Cheerio!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HI, i think i've got a big problem, I might have REALLY bricked my P10AN01 tablet. (VEGA Clone, I ordered from Shenzen)

It runs your latest custom ROM (r8)smoothly, it's great!, I love this device, especially after installing your Tegra optimised ROM great work!!.

It ran great but yesterday evening I downloaded and installed NTFS Automount, from your site.

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...ntfs-automount/

I did see the warnings about requiring specific compatible kernel versions, but stupidly ignored it.

I wanted to connect my external NTFS harddisk, which I couldn't get to work before, and thought that this patch might do the job.

I installed the patch in clockwork recovery, rebooted, and everything seemed to run fine. But I didn't connect the drive or changed USB mode.

I actually kind of forgot about installing it!. The tab worked fine all day, rebooted several times, no probs.

But tonight I switched the USB mode to accept harddrives, using the tool provided in the r8 ROM.

It automatically rebooted but just shows "starting fastboot USB download protocol"

No matter what I do as soon as soon as the screen lights up it shows this.

I know that there are topics on this, but perhaps my situation differs, because I installed an incompatible NTFS driver??

I tried the 2 second trick at least 20 times, it worked fine before so I must be holding the buttons in the right combination.

I read you should keep trying, but I have the feeling this is hopeless. Maybe I should reboot the PC after each failed attempt?

As soon as it powers up "starting fastboot USB download protocol" appears, the machine is shown in device manager as ADB android device.

The stock firmware, can't find the tablet and neither does ADB.

If this problem persists, am I then the first to brick my Vega?

Can anyone help please?,

Kind regards, Sandy Martin

Edited by voppie

Guest peter a
HI, i think i've got a big problem, I might have REALLY bricked my P10AN01 tablet. (VEGA Clone, I ordered from Shenzen)

It runs your latest custom ROM (r8)smoothly, it's great!, I love this device, especially after installing your Tegra optimised ROM great work!!.

It ran great but yesterday evening I downloaded and installed NTFS Automount, from your site.

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...ntfs-automount/

I did see the warnings about requiring specific compatible kernel versions, but stupidly ignored it.

I wanted to connect my external NTFS harddisk, which I couldn't get to work before, and thought that this patch might do the job.

I installed the patch in clockwork recovery, rebooted, and everything seemed to run fine. But I didn't connect the drive or changed USB mode.

I actually kind of forgot about installing it!. The tab worked fine all day, rebooted several times, no probs.

But tonight I switched the USB mode to accept harddrives, using the tool provided in the r8 ROM.

It automatically rebooted but just shows "starting fastboot USB download protocol"

No matter what I do as soon as soon as the screen lights up it shows this.

I know that there are topics on this, but perhaps my situation differs, because I installed an incompatible NTFS driver??

I tried the 2 second trick at least 20 times, it worked fine before so I must be holding the buttons in the right combination.

I read you should keep trying, but I have the feeling this is hopeless. Maybe I should reboot the PC after each failed attempt?

As soon as it powers up "starting fastboot USB download protocol" appears, the machine is shown in device manager as ADB android device.

The stock firmware, can't find the tablet and neither does ADB.

If this problem persists, am I then the first to brick my Vega?

Can anyone help please?,

Kind regards, Sandy Martin

You can`t brick it !!!

I think you may have to do a full reinstall back to stock and just start off again from the stock image via the revovery mode.

Not sure if you tried this:

Once I thought I had bricked my Vega as well, but I could get it back doing the following:

Press power very long, something like 20 or 30 seconds. (on mine backlight went on, but no boot, due to defect ROM)

Press power again until backlight is off.

Then try to go to (I think its called Debug mode) with the 2sec back+2sec power then release power wth still holding back button, I guess you know this.

Then I could install stock ROM to recover.