Browser FCs when search in address bar

Guest warwound

Guest warwound

Hi.

I have the MCR r8 ROM on my Vega.

I've noticed that if i use the stock browser and search from the address bar that the browser force closes as soon as i hit the go arrow to the right of the sidebar.

I've rebooted and it still happens.

A search of the forum comes up with nothing.

Does anyone else get this with the stock browser on MCR r8?

warwound

Guest trevor432990
Hi.

I've noticed that if i use the stock browser and search from the address bar that the browser force closes as soon as i hit the go arrow to the right of the sidebar.

warwound

Not sure what arrow you are talking of because I don't have this on my R7 stock browser .... when you say it FCs do you get an FC message or does it just go back to the home screen? If the arrow you refer to is on the notification bar then this is the BACK button and will just go to your previous screen whatever that was. :D

Guest trevor432990
Hi.

Look at this screencast: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q7L5rp3UFQ

I type some text into the address bar and hit the (go?) arrow button to the right of the address bar and the browser force closes with the dialog box seen.

warwound

Hmm strange where you have an arrow key on mine I have a 'Bookmark' key. It has either changed layout in R8 or it could be as I'm using a keyboard app called Smart Keyboard Pro off the Market which trips in as soon as I click on any text field inn the browser or other app whereas you seem to be using the default Android keyboard. Can only suggest you try another keyboard app to see if problem goes away. :D

Guest justmac

I have this exact same problem on my Desire which runs OpenDesire by AdamG but never bothered trying to fix it. I think its caused by removing the Google Search widget, not being sure I removed the widget from the MCR r8 ROM and had the same problem on my Vega. After reinstalling with the widget included searching from the address bar works fine.

Hi.

warwound

Edited by justmac

Guest warwound
Hmm strange where you have an arrow key on mine I have a 'Bookmark' key. It has either changed layout in R8 or it could be as I'm using a keyboard app called Smart Keyboard Pro off the Market which trips in as soon as I click on any text field inn the browser or other app whereas you seem to be using the default Android keyboard. Can only suggest you try another keyboard app to see if problem goes away. :D

The bookmarks button is normally there but is replaced with the Go arrow when text instead of a URL is entered into the address bar.

I'm actually using the Gingerbread keyboard 1.0.11 that's part of the current FLB ROM for the San Francisco!

That could be the problem but...

I think its caused by removing the Google Search widget, not being sure I removed the widget from my MCR r8 ROM and had the same problem on my Vega. After reinstalling with the widget included searching from the address bar works fine.

That could well be it - i didn't include the Google Search widget when i baked the MCR r8 ROM.

I might install it but am not too bothered about searching from the address bar.

[edit]Yep it needed the Google Search widget installed - that's fixed the FC issue[/edit]

Thanks for the help.

warwound