HELP, please. Host mode lockout.

Guest ViPaSoft

Guest ViPaSoft

Hi,

I hope someone will be able to help.

I am/was using modaco r8 rom and switched the device to HOST mode to read a memory stick. I then switched back to slave and the device went into start-up, but never did re-boot.

I've tried re-connecting to my PC and flashing both r8 and the official 1.09 rom, but windows is not recognising my VEGA. If it has locked into HOST how can I re-flash as it wont boot up or anything.

I really hope someone can help.

Thanks in advance.

Guest rvdgeer
Hi,

I am/was using modaco r8 rom and switched the device to HOST mode to read a memory stick. I then switched back to slave and the device went into start-up, but never did re-boot.

I've tried re-connecting to my PC and flashing both r8 and the official 1.09 rom, but windows is not recognising my VEGA. If it has locked into HOST how can I re-flash as it wont boot up or anything.

Thanks in advance.

This exact question has been asked (and answered!) over and over and over and over...

Please search and read a little before you start a new topic...

Guest carl rose
Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Yes, this has been discussed many times. Even though you are set to host it will still go into recovery. Just follow the steps to flash a new rom and it will work. If at first you don't succeed in putting in recovery try again.

Guest ViPaSoft

I apologize to all for re-posting. I did search, but I must have been searching to specifically.

I have now found several Topics, thanks.

Still not getting it to work, but will keep trying to get into Recovery mode....

Guest rvdgeer
I apologize to all for re-posting. I did search, but I must have been searching to specifically.

I have now found several Topics, thanks.

Still not getting it to work, but will keep trying to get into Recovery mode....

Ok, since you've apologized and searched, you deserve a little help :D

Try pressing the power button for over 10 seconds to make sure the device is powered off!

Next, plugin power and USB and start with the button sequence to get it in flash mode...

Button sequence:

1. Press and hold the back button for 1 second
  2. Without releasing the back button, press and hold the power button for 1 second too
  3. Release the power button but keep the back button pressed for another second
  4. Release the back button
The screen should stay black, but as soon as nvflash is well on it's way, you'll see a text in the upper left corner...

Guest ViPaSoft
Ok, since you've apologized and searched, you deserve a little help :D

Try pressing the power button for over 10 seconds to make sure the device is powered off!

Next, plugin power and USB and start with the button sequence to get it in flash mode...

Button sequence:

1. Press and hold the back button for 1 second
  2. Without releasing the back button, press and hold the power button for 1 second too
  3. Release the power button but keep the back button pressed for another second
  4. Release the back button
The screen should stay black, but as soon as nvflash is well on it's way, you'll see a text in the upper left corner...

Thanks.

Done now. Had to re-boot my Laptop too as I had probably tried so many different things, (forcing drivers, running VEGA recovery files, etc), that it must have got clogged up too.

Did find your post under 'Starting Fastboot USB download protocol' which really helped, (Similar to above I think).

I was just starting to panic a little, especially as the VEGA was in HOST mode before it locked and I was afraid the PC wouldn't be able to communicate.

I must learn to be less specific in searching.

Thanks again...

Guest Mogedwards

If I could add a short comment, simply because it was the one thing that I got wrong sooo many times.

When putting into recovery, if the backlight comes on, you have pressed the buttons too long. The screen should be black. I kept making the mistake thinking the backjlight had to be on.

Guest ViPaSoft
If I could add a short comment, simply because it was the one thing that I got wrong sooo many times.

When putting into recovery, if the backlight comes on, you have pressed the buttons too long. The screen should be black. I kept making the mistake thinking the backjlight had to be on.

That is something I didn't know. I kept doing it and if the light didn't come on then I'd instantly try again. Must have been luck when I did get it into recovery mode then.

That info should be a sticky somewhere, if it's not already.....

Guest simonta

The info is in here but Paul seems to be deaf to pleas for more stickies.

Off to bump up a couple of threads again, at least keep them visible...