28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Fr17 Beta 1 now uploading.

Changelog

18 May Fr17 Beta 1

• Removed some debug code in LGEmail.apk
  • Removed some debug code in Settings.apk
  • Updated Norwegian resources in AccountAndSyncSettings.apk
  • Etc.

You took the criticism about the changelogs quite literally :unsure:

Looking forward to update my O2x later today. Thanks, Paul!

Guest PhilNelwyn
What are your settings for gestures ?

Is "Incoming Call/Mute" turned on ?

I read somewhere here, and on XDA, that it might be the cause.

UP

To those who have the dialer issue with battery : did you try disabling the "Incoming Call Mute" gesture ? (you may reboot to see an effect)

Guest Paul

I've fixed everything that had 'no' resources to 'nb' and not changed anything with either no Norwegian resources or 'nb' resources already.

P

nb2x1.pngnb2x2.pngnb2x3.png

nb2x4.pngnb2x5.pngnb2x6.png

nb2x7.pngnb2x8.png

Guest achim w.

By the way, my battery life got _a lot_ better two days after calibration (which was what I was hoping for). It got worse after installing 16b4, but I wasn't really using a fair comparison (I needed it charged before leaving so I put it in the charger for an hour, it was probably just confused ;-]). It just takes a while to find out how good battery life really is.

Sorry if this sounds dumb, but what is a battery calibration - and how do I do this?

Guest 75markus
Sorry if this sounds dumb, but what is a battery calibration - and how do I do this?

you can wipe battery stats in recovery (menu : advanced)

only do this when battery is completely full, bat.stats file will get re-created when rebooting ...

this should correct false readings ...

Guest 75markus

Paul, what do think of adding a "light" cooking option in kitchen ?

For example, i don´t need the norwegian fix you implemented, i just want to have your debbuged settings.apk ...

Now i have to cook a full 150 mb rom and download just to get the new settings.apk ...

it would be great if there´s a "light cook" button, which will just put the selected app(s) in a flashable zip, without the whole core ...

it would also reduce the load on your servers ...

what do you think ?

b.regards,

m.

Guest Paul
Paul, what do think of adding a "light" cooking option in kitchen ?

For example, i don´t need the norwegian fix you implemented, i just want to have your debbuged settings.apk ...

Now i have to cook a full 150 mb rom and download just to get the new settings.apk ...

it would be great if there´s a "light cook" button, which will just put the selected app(s) in a flashable zip, without the whole core ...

it would also reduce the load on your servers ...

what do you think ?

b.regards,

m.

The two are interlinked, so that's not feasible really. Plus, bits of different ROMs for different people = faultfinding nightmare. :unsure:

P

Guest Jay_Snake

Looking forward to test FR17RC1. Will do that when I'm home again.

Battery life in Fr16B4 just rocks. Unplugged my phone about 4 hours ago at 87% and now it is at 72%. With about 2 min browsing, 2 min market; download IMDB app and about 25 minutes of MP3.

Paul, just one little thing you never seemed to pick on since Fr11:

Just wanted to let you know. Since the fix for installing/uninstalling apps (Updates to reduce duration of 'app install / uninstall lag) the screen is always in English when installing or uninstalling an app. No biggy, I know my English, but maybe you can look into it. With FR10 it was always in Dutch.

Do others have this little problem that the screen for installing or uninstalling an app is always in English when your language is set to Dutch?

Edited by Jay_Snake

Guest masi0

Paul - could you give me a hint - polish language is supported by mcr as well as by stock rom. the only problem i have seen so far in both is that the day names on the lockscreen (no matter stock or lg type) are in English.

any idea which file is responsible for it?

Guest Paul
Paul - could you give me a hint - polish language is supported by mcr as well as by stock rom. the only problem i have seen so far in both is that the day names on the lockscreen (no matter stock or lg type) are in English.

any idea which file is responsible for it?

Probably framework-res.apk...

P

Guest Paul
Looking forward to FR17 Beta 1.

Battery life in Fr16B4 just rocks. Unplugged my phone about 4 hours ago at 87% and now it is at 72%. With about 2 min browsing, 2 min market; download IMDB app and about 25 minutes of MP3.

Paul, just one little thing you never seemed to pick on since Fr11:

Just wanted to let you know. Since the fix for installing/uninstalling apps (Updates to reduce duration of 'app install / uninstall lag) the screen is always in English when installing or uninstalling an app. No biggy, I know my English, but maybe you can look into it. With FR10 it was always in Dutch.

Do others have this lillte problem that the screen for installing or uninstalling an app is always in English when your language is set to Dutch?

That's weird, i'll have a think about that one!

P

Guest jambezuk

Just wiped and flashed Fr17 BETA1 ... is the camera app broken?

It was for me, I restored camera app from Fr16 BETA4 and it seems to work ok.

Guest Jay_Snake
That's weird, i'll have a think about that one!

P

Thnx, I hope you can tackle this little bug that the (un)installscreen for apps is English when the language is set to Dutch. I just tried setting my language to German and see what happens and when I (un)install an app and it stays German. So it seems the problem is only there when the language is set to Dutch.

Guest soundsk

I'm sorry for the newbie question. I've read so many posts I'm a bit confused.

I'd like to try a MCR, but the stock ROM/baseband my phone has is just so stable i'm afraid once i go down this path I'll never be able to get them back, if i need/want to. None of the ROM/baseband stock releases here or at XDA match mine.

As for the ROM, i believe a CWM backup of a fresh wipe to factory will completely back it up, so no problem. But what about the baseband? Do MCR's flash new baseband?

Let me put it this way, if i just go from my stock ROM v10b / Baseband 1035.21_20110218 directly to MCR fr17, will a new baseband be flashed or will my stock baseband be left untouched?

As for the ROM, if i need to get mine back, just revert to ext3, restore cwm backup, right?

Again, my apologies, but i see so many people with issues with other roms that i'm a bit reluctant to let go of mine.

Cheers, and again - Thank you Paul for your truly amazing work...

Guest achim w.
UP

To those who have the dialer issue with battery : did you try disabling the "Incoming Call Mute" gesture ? (you may reboot to see an effect)

So this can't be the reason for my battery drain. This gesture was disabled when I just checked (and afaik it never was checked because up to now I haven't ever been inside this settings menu :unsure:)

Guest Paul
Just wiped and flashed Fr17 BETA1 ... is the camera app broken?

It was for me, I restored camera app from Fr16 BETA4 and it seems to work ok.

Will check it out...

P

Guest jambezuk
I'm sorry for the newbie question. I've read so many posts I'm a bit confused.

I'd like to try a MCR, but the stock ROM/baseband my phone has is just so stable i'm afraid once i go down this path I'll never be able to get them back, if i need/want to. None of the ROM/baseband stock releases here or at XDA match mine.

As for the ROM, i believe a CWM backup of a fresh wipe to factory will completely back it up, so no problem. But what about the baseband? Do MCR's flash new baseband?

Let me put it this way, if i just go from my stock ROM v10b / Baseband 1035.21_20110218 directly to MCR fr17, will a new baseband be flashed or will my stock baseband be left untouched?

As for the ROM, if i need to get mine back, just revert to ext3, restore cwm backup, right?

Again, my apologies, but i see so many people with issues with other roms that i'm a bit reluctant to let go of mine.

Cheers, and again - Thank you Paul for your truly amazing work...

To the best of my knowledge...

When you flash a MCR it DOES NOT touch your baseband (As I updated mine manually some time after using MCR)

When going back (but haven't tried myself) yes convert back to EXT3 then restore backup.

My personal opinion is that although you read about lots of problems on MCR, if this same user base were confined to the stock rom there would be many more complaints. MCR is much smoother running than stock in my experience and battery life etc is never worse than stock... just not perfect.

**On that note, many thanks to Paul!!!**

So this can't be the reason for my battery drain. This gesture was disabled when I just checked (and afaik it never was checked because up to now I haven't ever been inside this settings menu :unsure:)

When I got my phone many of these gestures were already enabled (when using stock rom).

James

Guest Trym Hansen

First impressions of the Norwegian Bokmål language fix in FR17.

I'm having issues from the start.

I made a backup, wiped, and installed FR17.

When the phone booted, the LG-setup wizard showed up as usual. Unlike the ususal it did not switch to Norwegian after a while. So I clicked "Change Language", selected "Norsk" from the list, nothing changed. I exited the setup-wizard (actually it force-closed on me, after some back/next juggling). The entire interface was in english. I selected "norsk" from the system menu. Nothing changed, everything still in english.

Seems you may have missed some parts, Paul.

::Trym

Guest Paul

Are you sure Norsk is selecting nb and not no? Install 'morelocale2' from the Market and select Norwegian Bokmål in there...

P

Guest Trym Hansen

Sure, that works, but I mentioned this before, and you said you'd look at it.

Using a third party app setting it to nb works. But for the fix to be complete, "norsk" in the menu needs to set it to "nb" as well.

Imagine giving/selling your phone to a non-english speaking, non-geek norwegian. You wipe, go "here you are." The reply will inevitably be - "Uhm, this phone is broken, no norwegian."

Guest Paul

Um, yeah, but i'm worrying about people who are USING the phone not SELLING the phone. :unsure:

I will look at where that menu points to, but that's not as high a priority as getting the language in sync.

P

Guest wc326

is it just me , or is loading application on RF17 seems to be alot faster???

Like once you click on the apps, it loads to another screen instantly

Guest Trym Hansen
Um, yeah, but i'm worrying about people who are USING the phone not SELLING the phone. :unsure:

I will look at where that menu points to, but that's not as high a priority as getting the language in sync.

P

Sorry, didn't mean to offend you. I am keeping my phone, I know what to do, but sooner or later down the line, the phone will be sold or given away. It's that scenario I'm thinking of.