28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest 75markus

Paul,

I am not able to get themed framework-res.apk from fr17 (with UOT Kitchen) running ...

theming works, but after installing in recovery -> bootloop ;

But old themed framework-res.apk from FR14 works flawless in FR17 Rom .... strange !

any hint why ?

Edited by 75markus

Guest goatee

Your challenge is to search this thread, to find the solution.

Hi Paul,

When I install FR17, I got a black clock at notification bar. How to fix this? Thanks.

Guest jambezuk
Have you had a chance to check into the Alarm/Clock sensor-hogging bug?

This should reproduce it:

1. Plug the phone in to charge

2. Set a repeat alarm (say, weekdays)

3. When the alarm goes off, hit snooze once (not sure if this affects it, but I do hit snooze pretty much every day!)

4. When it goes off again, stop the alarm

5. Unplug the phone

6. Leave it for a while

You should then see the Alarm/Clock with 100% sensor usage since last unplugged. For some reason non-repeat alarms do not appear to trigger this bug!

I've just suffered from this! To the credit of Fr17 RC3, even with the clock maxing out the sensor usage I'm getting about 5% an hour normal usage.

Guest goatee

Just use the search box at the bottom of the page (to search topic), and type in black clock - read through the results, and you'll fnd your answer. It's been asked many times before in this thread.

OK Never Mind then....

Guest ben1th

yesterday i tried to go back from fr17rc3mck to stock rooted rom i saved with backup function in cwm. my backup will restore fine in cmw but the phone stucks at lg logo and wont boot again. atm thats okay because the fr17rc3 kicks ass! but did i miss anything? is it because the mck that i cant roll back to stock rom via cwm backup?

Guest Naga01
Reboot into CWM first then flash... are you trying to flash through Rom Manager?

Jambez Thanks for the reponse.

I am using CWM, I reboot into CWM and then choosing "Install Zip from sd card" and then choosing the file from sdcard. I have already flashed f13 the same way... But not sure what is the problem this time. I have been trying from F16 Beta 3, but getting the same error. I bet zip is not corrupted because i have downloaded multiple times and i am able to open/extract the zip manually...

Guest Naga01
Maybe the download is corrupted?

droid, no it is not, i am able to manually open/extract the zip and i have even tried downloading again (and again...) still the same :P

Guest alncool
I bet zip is not corrupted because i have downloaded multiple times and i am able to open/extract the zip manually...

Check the md5 to be sure you have a clean zip file!

Hey Guys

If you stuck at the LG logo try these thing:

1) pull off the battery, wait few sec than power on...

2) use Paul utility to convert EXT4 to EXT3 filesystem before restoring your stock backup

3) use nvflash with v10C to recover everything if other solutions don't work.

Good luck !

Guest abye
droid, no it is not, i am able to manually open/extract the zip and i have even tried downloading again (and again...) still the same :P

I have the problem with Fr17 RC3, i flash it and stay in black screen. Like no booting / no boot animation. just stay in black screen. WHO CAN HELP ME......

I can flash back to RC2 and it is no problem. This problem only show on a ROM with a OC/UV kernel. I have use the default OC/UV Kernel in RC3...

I have already do a NVFlash and flash the recovery. It can't help.

Guest goatee

That's because MCR converts the file system to ext4, and the stock ROM can't cope with it. Either use nvflash, then put Clockwork back on, or use back to ext3 to convert the filesystem back, but don't reboot before trying to restore your backup, or it'll go fubar.

yesterday i tried to go back from fr17rc3mck to stock rooted rom i saved with backup function in cwm. my backup will restore fine in cmw but the phone stucks at lg logo and wont boot again. atm thats okay because the fr17rc3 kicks ass! but did i miss anything? is it because the mck that i cant roll back to stock rom via cwm backup?
Edited by goatee

Since Update from FR17RC2 to FR17RC3 (wipe+update; MCR+64MB) the syncronisation with LG PC Suite does not work.

Has anybody same experiences?

Guest Paul

After many many hours of development and improvements since Fr15, I'm pleased to announce that MoDaCo Custom ROM Fr17 for the Optimus 2X is now online both in kitchen and prebake form! :P

Going forward i'll be checking out the new Korean update (as well as hopefully the new European update) and merging that into the next release, as well as hitting up my sources for any sign of Gingerbread.

Thanks once again for your support everyone! :rolleyes:

P

Changelog

19 May Fr17

• No changes between RC3 and release

Guest fredmode01

Thanks a lot, downloading right now ... from the office (faster internet !!).. just before I leave.. Perfect timing !! :P

Guest TheMorpheus
After many many hours of development and improvements since Fr15, I'm pleased to announce that MoDaCo Custom ROM Fr17 for the Optimus 2X is now online both in kitchen and prebake form! :P

Going forward i'll be checking out the new Korean update (as well as hopefully the new European update) and merging that into the next release, as well as hitting up my sources for any sign of Gingerbread.

Thanks once again for your support everyone! :rolleyes:

P

Changelog

19 May Fr17

• No changes between RC3 and release

Thanks Paul I was looking forward to try your new work

Guest pyan09
Just use the search box at the bottom of the page (to search topic), and type in black clock - read through the results, and you'll fnd your answer. It's been asked many times before in this thread.

Thank you for your kind response.