28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Would it be possible to save user preferences in the kitchen? I'm checking & unchecking pretty much the same options every time I bake a new rom, having my preferred options saved would be cool :D

This is coming... B)

P

Guest sibbor
Fixed.

P

Thanks. 4 mins to go, then I'm gonna benchmark this beast. Just updated my spreadsheet with FR4, now it's time for FR5. Looks like neat fixes.

Guest emprize

will u add gorvernor in it?

and in the first post, it say fr5 - download, but the filename is fr4....

Edited by emprize

will u add gorvernor in it?

and in the first post, it say fr5 - download, but the filename is fr4....

The governors are a bit peculiar on Tegra, i'm still investigating. For example, although it calls the governor 'performance, it exhibits the behaviour of 'ondemand'.

P

Guest gensplejs
the link of the Fr5, file still is Fr4??!.

Kitchen for paying members is fr5... updated pre baked version is typically released a bit later. 1-2 days :-)

Guest gensplejs
The governors are a bit peculiar on Tegra, i'm still investigating. For example, although it calls the governor 'performance, it exhibits the behaviour of 'ondemand'.

P

Well... dual core is not really native to android 2.2 AFAIK. So maybe LG did some custom dual core optimizations for 2.2 that changes govenor behavior?

Kitchen for paying members is fr5... updated pre baked version is typically released a bit later. 1-2 days :-)

Fr5 is up already actually. :D

P

Guest Korumera

FR5 works fine, but i have a feeling quadrant is slower then before (on my phone that is). I'm still running some tests but it seams like i'm not getting over 2600

edit: Ok second run it went higher 2776 on the moment, but thats mostly because i have some apps running in the background :D the SD speed fix works fine B)

Edited by Korumera

FR5 works fine, but i have a feeling quadrant is slower then before (on my phone that is). I'm still running some tests but it seams like i'm not getting over 2600

Remember it slows as you install stuff and things run in the background!

P

Guest Korumera
Remember it slows as you install stuff and things run in the background!

P

Indeed :D it works fine so far! B) thanks for the constant stream of updates sofar! ;)

When I install only the core and uncheck all the other boxes in the kitchen will I keep the apps I've flashed with FR4?

Thanks!

No, system apps must be re-flashed.

P

Guest ottuh
No, system apps must be re-flashed.

P

So, it would be smart to make a list of apps I want, so I know which boxes to check in the online kitchen everytime a bake a new rom!

By the way, thanks for your awesome work Paul!:D

Guest Sorensiim
Nice tweak for Fr6... :D

P

lockscreen2xstock.jpg

Today, 12:03 - Paul announces that FR5 kitchen is now online

Today, 12:47 - Paul teases vanilla lockscreen for FR6

Today, for a full 44 minutes, I was exited about FR5, now I'm just waiting for FR6.

@PAUL: Thanks a ton for your efforts, you've turned us all into F5-hitting MCR crackheads. When is FR6 gonna be out?

Am I the only one preferring my ro.sf.lcd_density at 220 instead of 240 when mixed with launcher pro running 6x4 instead of 4x4?

Guest Korumera

fr5: Had one shutdown sofar, phone besides me on lockscreen and when i wanna turn it on it was shut off, needed to pull battery. Strange little thing.

Guest ritdaw

Excellent (re lock screen). Did you manage to look at that potential locking up issue in the browser?

Edited by ritdaw

Guest ElecTricX
My next task. B)

BTW, i've decided to make the lockscreen a Fr5 kitchen option later today. :D

P

I'll wait for this then I'm cooking sum rom! Great news!

Guest Sorensiim
My next task. ;)

P

How many different devices do you provide custom kitches for and HOW THE FRICK do you keep up with all the incoherent ramblings, demands, wishes and bug reports throughout the kitchen threads?

I'll go add a little something to my wishlist in post #4 B) - Lol, it was already there, even at the top spot :D

Edited by Sorensiim

Guest poi2005
My next task. B)

P

Ouch...have to rebake again~

But still I am enjoying it ;)

Thank for the effort.