28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest r3stless
Has Paul stopped working on the mod? There have been no updates for a long time!

7!!! Days a long Time?

It's voluntary work Paul is doing here! And he's doing very good.

Enjoy what you get, and be a little bit patient :P

He's got a life and a wife :rolleyes:

PS: @Paul you are doing great work!

Guest aaww
Has Paul stopped working on the mod? There have been no updates for a long time!

Hi Unimatrix8472.

Do you read the thread or just jumping to the last page ?

He wrote an answer to your question 1 or 2 pages back.

Guest Trym Hansen

Can somebody please try the game "Unblock Me Free" on FR18b2. For me it works on stock, but on FR18 the touchscreen is about a centimeter off. I just want to know if you find the same thing (== bug) or not (User incompetence == me.)

::Trym

Edited by Trym Hansen

Guest aaww
Can somebody please try the game "Unblock Me Free" on FR18b2. For me it works on stock, but on FR18 the touchscreen is about a centimeter off. I just want to know if you find the same thing (== bug) or not (User incompetence == me.)

can you please post a link ?

I cant find it in the app store.

Guest r3stless

I just tested it, works fine for me.

Guest Trym Hansen
I just tested it, works fine for me.

Ok... thanks. Can't imagine what I've done to make this happen. Anyway, consider the matter solved.

Guest ilos
So you baked without hidden menu and expect it to magically appear anyway?

hidden menu is available in stock rom so don't need to bake it..... dial 1809#*990#

i'm back from FR18b2 to stock rom with smartflash ( so all thing was wiped ) and i still have access to hidden menu

Guest nugge

Ive had some weirdness. Screen on/off events are incredibly SLOOOOOOOOOW.

Ie incomming call -> Rings -> screen comes on 10sek later.

Press Power button -> 10sek before screen wakes.

Time to wipe and reflash me thinks

Guest Paul

I'm still here. I'm still working on a new revision. All good things etc. :P

P

Guest eisdrachen

Good things? Let us know a little bit about your nice work Paul! Are you talking about Gingerbread or something like that? I can't wait :P

Guest Trym Hansen

Time to stop using "Force minimal freq when sleeping" (PimpMyCpu) me thinks.

Edited by Trym Hansen

Guest Riemen

I found another bug in FR18b2:

I've set the screen brightness to auto. When the battery low message comes up at 15%, the brightness is set to 100%. Before FR18, it went darker, which makes more sense imho.

Guest sangriaman

Exactly. I was suffering from the same delay.

Down with PimpmyCpU

Guest runeo

Set min to 500 MHz!

Guest MrMastodon

I've had the same problem without any kind of CPU-deprivation on screen of, however I do use SetCPU-profile to lower freq when battery is <20%.

I will give it a try without any kind of CPU-profile to see if the problem withstands...

Edit:

Just noticed that the "flip-to-mute-incoming-call" and the "flip-to-snooze" does not work. "Tap-to-move-cursor" works fine.

I have baked with LG-dialer and stock lockscreen, perhaps there is somthing in this combination that messes with the motion sensors?

Anyone else with this problem?

Edited by MrMastodon

Guest Macheath

Hey Paul,

You will get rid of these reboot and battery issues, by going back to V10b.

LG itself says yesterday: 'Many customers have found the solution to instability in fact known (and reset the product off the phone is charging) with the upgrade to version V10b, we recommend that in any case to make.'

Although they have already 10 c / d published. LG is therefore aware of the errors in 10 c / d and delayed further updates!

Please go back to 10b for your roms too.

Edited by Macheath

Guest ilos

it's probably right, coz i'm back to v10b with 218 baseband ( i received my o2x with that ) and my battery life is perfect => 2% in 8h in flight and idle mode / with fr18b2 battery drain is like 15% in 6h

Edited by ilos

Guest d-droid
So Paul, when will we have the right to a public 18 ?

It seems that 18 isn't stable enough, when a release isn't stable enough there usually isn't a free release. I'm on Fr17 still and completely without issues (except that annoying little install lag and slow system menus).

Guest aaww
It seems that 18 isn't stable enough, when a release isn't stable enough there usually isn't a free release. I'm on Fr17 still and completely without issues (except that annoying little install lag and slow system menus).

For me it is extremely stable :P

Fr18b2 and 405 baseband. no freez force close or any lags anywhere (I am not using the OC kernels).

Also no battery issues whatso ever. checkout my posts at the battery thread...

Guest Morke

I've tried FR 17 and FR 18 beta, but they are unstable and the phone often reboots by itself.

I am using vorkKernel v5 with it.

I've also tried CM7 nightlies (up to build 31) ant those are much stabler.

Any reason why Modaco FR 17 may not be stable? Does it not work together with mentioned kernel?

UPDATE: I found out vorkKernel is specifically designed for CM7,

so thats probably the reason of the problems...

Edited by Morke

Guest Jay-V
Where is the download link for f18 beta2??

There is none. You have to sign up to a Ad Free or MoDaCo Plus Membership and bake your own one in the kitchen on the first page.

Guest unfun

one question, i use fr17 per default and i think its much better than stock lg. sometimes i like to test out cm7 nightlies, and i always make a nandroid backup in cwm recovery beforehand, but when i want to go back i have to reflash and loose all my settings because if i just restore the backup my device gets stuck in a reboot loop. what am i doing wrong, or have i got the whole nandroid backup thing wrong?