28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest mankian

got FR19B2 installed on my phone. baked a rom last night.

i installed the 0606 baseband, then booted into clockwork and deleted everything (dalvik, cache, data/fact. reset) then installed the rom from SD.

worked spot on first time, seems really quick and smooth compared to stock. not sure on battery life yet though!!

i even got the circular battery mod to work using framework-res.apk from Fr18b2!

so all in all, thanks Paul! well worth the money I paid for ad-free.

the only two things are:

when using apktools to decompile/recompile the framework-res.apk from Fr19 it screws up big time with hundreds of errors. is this due do how the framework-res.apk is compiled in Fr19 or just 'one of those things' ?

the other thing, will there be patches to future beta versions of Fr19 so I can upgrade from Beta 2 without having to do a full wipe?

thanks!

Guest mankian
i´ve the same problem. ;)

also come from 18b2, back to ext3, wiped, ....

might be worth doing smartflash to an old baseband (id go for the march one), then running LG software updater. this should get you back to a 'factory clean' phone.

then follow instructions from my above post, cant see it not working then...

Guest Piter1225
just got my G2x today! and first thing i do? root and put on a recovery image and then an MCR rom! ;) renewed my ad-free membership just for the kitchen.

thanks paul for your hardwork, can't wait to see how she looks :P

Don't want to make you sad, but MCR is for O2X only.

G2X is not supported here.

Guest JanOwe

Done finally. Was easy. I have installed CM7 over the stock, after that i just installed the FR19 rom w/o need to convert file system. Went fine, but have to bake another one now - hidden menu is missing ;)

Guest moler
I have now used nvflash and get the test result as in the guide , but when trying to start my phone it still get stock on lg loading screen.

Stupid Flanders , should of course rund flash. bat ;) Doh . Now phone is working , happy days

Guest ben1th

is it usual that the phone gets pretty slow while installing something and even when install is finished for a while?

Fr18 Beta2 without Ramhack, with sql fix, mck14, launcher pro

In quadrant i hit the 3k but when i do 3 updates i cant really use the pnone for a short time.

Guest yiuwing_hk

I upgraded from FR18 b2, i applied the change to ext3 zip, and then the baked, however, it stucked in the LG booting logo with the progress bar frozen, what should i do now?

Guest Mahmut Fehmi USLU

Hello, after a upgrade of my ROM my IMEI has change and is now 350305260000001.

So is it possible to reset my original number ? because do not network connection pls help ;)

Guest abwyatt

Very nice so far (FR19 B2 + 0606 BB). Thanks for the effort Paul.

Stability is excellent! No problems so far, on charger or off. Have to say that my experience on Fr18 B2 was also similar, absolutely no problems with reboots, BSOD, or FCs.

As for battery life, there is definite difference in the way battery consumption is being managed. Compared to FR18, FR19 has higher peaks (up to 500 mAs compared to the 200-300mA I was seeing in FR18) but power use comes off very fast to then idle at 2-5 mA while sleeping. With FR18, it took longer to idle down. Anyway, still too soon for me to see if there is a big improvement on FR18. I am still playing around with it too much to put it to 'normal' use :P

One big improvement I noticed is with the camera performance. The focus speed is extremely quick now, almost instantaneous. Took me by surprise at first. Thought it had locked up while waiting for the normal focus lag ;) The 'mist' problem in the stock camera is no longer present as well. Anyway, just some quick observations with the camera.

One other improvement that I noticed coming from FR18 is that FR19 seems to have better memory management. With FR18, I typically ran with between 100 and 50 MB free memory. With FR19 (with same installed apps), it has been running between 120 and 80 MB (after 7 hrs of intensive use). Impressive.

So far, no bugs that I can detect with my typical usage with 94 apps installed (Ti restore from FR18). Tested: 2 synching email (LG) accounts (MS Exchange + Gmail IMAP), Alarm, WiFi/USB Tether, Video Call, DLNA (smartshare), HDMI, Tasker (with 20 odd profiles), Theft Aware, GPS and location, Dr. Webb AV, Go Launcher Ex, Go SMS Pro, and numerous other background running apps, many doing backups and syncs.

Would love to eventually see FR19 with Ext4 and OC/UC :D Bechmarking performance is off course not very impressive, but real world performance is very smooth with very little lag with my usage (same as FR18 without OC which is great considering FR19 has no Ext4 yet), although the market install lag is still there, about 3 to 5 secs which is not too bad.

Cheers

Edited by abwyatt

Guest c.joenie

Dear Paul,

hereby a feature request ^^: can you enable setting-synchronisation with Google? This would lower the effort of setting stuff right whenever I reflash :).

With warm regards,

Joenie

Guest Ph4nt0m
Dear Paul,

hereby a feature request ^^: can you enable setting-synchronisation with Google? This would lower the effort of setting stuff right whenever I reflash :).

With warm regards,

Joenie

I would like to see this feature too, it would be very nice to have it.

Guest Trym Hansen
Titanium error should be fixed now, thanks.

P

Thanks. Thought you might like to know the version you include (3.8.0) has a bug; corrupting data upon restore. This got fixed in 3.8.5.

Is there a config-file I can change to make the stock lockscreen NOT unlock via the menu key?

::Trym

Guest 75markus
got the same problem, coming from FR18b2 ...

used back to ext3 script before, did a complete wipe ...

simply not booting , why ?

got it working ...

had to do a complete NV Flash before... strange ...

be careful, this wipes internal sd ! i backed it up before & restore it now !

now i´m gonna restoring my apps & theme this framework ;-)

Edited by 75markus

Guest Crankdroider

THX Paul for this ROM - I love it.

But how can I increase the volume when I listen to music through headphones?

It is very quiet in contrast to the stock rom I think...

Is there any CWM installation which let me overdrive my volume?

Thx

Edited by Crankdroider

Guest Macheath

I have to say thank you Paul!

Fr18 Beta 2 is like I have ever wanted a smartphone! (Tried nearly every ROM out there and here every froyo release since Fr3)

I really look for bugs, but I found nothing! Everything works, everything is smooth (no exaggeration!) AND battery drain in idle is near nothing!

Excellent work your mods, Paul!

Hope to see your work on official gingerbread from LG when its released!

Guest MeX_DK

Wont installing MCR and then restoring my backup mean that all the MCR stuff will basiclaly be overwritten with what I have in my backup?

Guest Trym Hansen
Wont installing MCR and then restoring my backup mean that all the MCR stuff will basiclaly be overwritten with what I have in my backup?

Correct.

Guest Trym Hansen
Then MCR is useless for me :). I dont want to start all over with fresh apps without backups of data etc >_<

That's what Titanium backup is for. (Don't use the version included in MCR, install a fresh one from the market.)

Guest MeX_DK
That's what Titanium backup is for. (Don't use the version included in MCR, install a fresh one from the market.)

Would still have to redo most of my settings again, which is a tad annoying. But guess I will have to think it over.

Edited by MeX_DK