28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Beta 5 is online!

Custom kernel aside, I think we now have feature parity with Fr18.

:)

P

Changelog

Jun 20 Beta 5

• Added semi transparent pulldown in all themes
  • Restored Vanilla Froyo / Gingerbread themes

Anyone use the 'Go' apps? I thought it might be fun to add a 'Go' edition to the Standard and Vanilla edition releases... :)

Go Launcher in place of standard launcher, Go Contacts in place of standard Contacts, Go SMS Pro in place of standard messaging... you get the idea...

P

Guest goatee

Me :) - I use Go Launcher, Go SMS Pro, but Touchpal dialer (love the magic wand for when travelling abroad)

Anyone use the 'Go' apps? I thought it might be fun to add a 'Go' edition to the Standard and Vanilla edition releases... B)

Go Launcher in place of standard launcher, Go Contacts in place of standard Contacts, Go SMS Pro in place of standard messaging... you get the idea...

P

Guest NiLaS

LET ME STATE IT CLEARLY: MoDaCo subscription is the best investment I did this year, considering the cost/gain ratio. With 10€ I saved my 479€ smartphone. THX Paul.

@Paul: I would like to start a blog in Italian to publish detailed instruction on how to mod the Optimus 2x, using your superior tools. Of course I WONT link or post any baked or prebaked file/rom/baseband. Only instructions with screenshot from my O2X and directions on how to use your wonderful kitchen. Is it possible? Thx in advance.

Guest isakk
Anyone use the 'Go' apps? I thought it might be fun to add a 'Go' edition to the Standard and Vanilla edition releases... :)

P

Great idea B)

LET ME STATE IT CLEARLY: MoDaCo subscription is the best investment I did this year, considering the cost/gain ratio. With 10€ I saved my 479€ smartphone. THX Paul.

@Paul: I would like to start a blog in Italian to publish detailed instruction on how to mod the Optimus 2x, using your superior tools. Of course I WONT link or post any baked or prebaked file/rom/baseband. Only instructions with screenshot from my O2X and directions on how to use your wonderful kitchen. Is it possible? Thx in advance.

Sure, as long as you don't deeplink files it's fine.

P

Guest baztardo

P

That would be nice!!!

I use all the "go" stuff

Guest flyingdog77

Paul, you rock.....

Yes, I agree, the modaco subscription worth the moneys.... absolutely..

unfortunately, I am having so much pains with this phone, now all my colleagues consider me as the "unreachable"... no way, I have problems on every front:

- battery drain.. ok ... who cares...

- receptions of phone calls

- bt does not work with my mercedes audio 50

- phone calls drops

- audio sending problems!!! people simply do not hear me

- poor audio quality (changing up and down from a baseband to another....)

damn, yesterday I decided with a bit of sadness to post an ebay auction for this phone!!! DAMN, the auction went bad, a nice american guy asking delivery in nigeria won it!!

today, again the hope to have it working in a decent way, I just re-flashed b19 and 614 ... praying.. right now !!! anyway thank you paul

Guest sckank
Paul, you rock.....

Yes, I agree, the modaco subscription worth the moneys.... absolutely..

unfortunately, I am having so much pains with this phone, now all my colleagues consider me as the "unreachable"... no way, I have problems on every front:

- battery drain.. ok ... who cares...

- receptions of phone calls

- bt does not work with my mercedes audio 50

- phone calls drops

- audio sending problems!!! people simply do not hear me

- poor audio quality (changing up and down from a baseband to another....)

damn, yesterday I decided with a bit of sadness to post an ebay auction for this phone!!! DAMN, the auction went bad, a nice american guy asking delivery in nigeria won it!!

today, again the hope to have it working in a decent way, I just re-flashed b19 and 614 ... praying.. right now !!! anyway thank you paul

Tell us how it goes :)

Guest Pikette

Everything is working percfectly ! Paul, there is also in this ROM the translation error in the fonts app (Odustani-->Annuler) :)

Guest Involver

P

+1 - use them all, me like B)