28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest jambezuk
Im running stock with 614 Baseband and 606 RIL. But will I need to reflash these if I go and try out MCR19 RC1?

The baseband is rom independent (so no) and the 606RIL is already in MCR19 RC1 (so no).

Get flashing!! :)

Guest McGilljam

My batt time yesterday was very nice with RC1.

17 hours and still had 87% left when I charged it for the night. Just ordinary Google-sync and light use.

The thing that kills my batt is using positioning (Latitude), so over all, I'm glad for my baked rom =)

Guest hackworks
installed my first cooked rom... so far so good :)

Downloading from the ovens of Modaco Bakery... It may sound under utilizing my LG O2X but FM is a must have for me! Getting through long coding cycles need a constant stream of music (not an infinite loop of fixed music)

Guest Elte Hupkes

Hrm my battery stats wipe hasn't done much good, my battery life on Fr19RC1 is still quite awful. It drops a little under 10% per hour, while I could get a good 2 days out of Fr18b2.

I really don't get it though, Spare Parts doesn't show any abnormal usage whatsoever, in fact I can't find anything with a usage time over a few minutes in any of the submenus; so it seems to be just draining by itself. Still hoping this is a calibration problem that's gonna go away..

Guest thedicemaster

would it be doable to add proper support for bluetooth hid? (BT mouse/keyboard support)

having a real mouse and keyboard for when using TV-out would be very convenient.

Guest AJ Morales

I noticed that there's a mix feedback on battery. maybe its because we have different apps on installed on our phone. Some apps keeps on runnig in the background even if you have not started it. Is there a way to avoid this?

Hi Paul,

Installed FR19 RC1 on 614, sometimes i get force close errors in messaging. Also i tried go sms, but sometimes i just get a black screen. BTW, great job on the custom ROMs :)

Edited by AJ Morales

Guest achim w.
Hrm my battery stats wipe hasn't done much good, my battery life on Fr19RC1 is still quite awful. It drops a little under 10% per hour, while I could get a good 2 days out of Fr18b2.

I really don't get it though, Spare Parts doesn't show any abnormal usage whatsoever, in fact I can't find anything with a usage time over a few minutes in any of the submenus; so it seems to be just draining by itself. Still hoping this is a calibration problem that's gonna go away..

Same here - my battery seems to drain just by itself and that's something I'm not used to. I always had a decent battery life up to the moment I installed FR 19. Even in flight mode it's using up 17% without any application taking responsibility for it.

May be the battery fix will work when integrated into one of the next versions.

Guest kakemanx

Strangest thing....

I was on stock v10c 0606... figured i would try the MCR... downloaded FR17, wiped and flashed... everything ok... then i figured... i'd like to try fr18... so i cooked one, and flashed fr18 on top of fr17 (NO wipe)

Everything still fine... now, 4-5 hours later the phone just got stuck... rebooted and the phone is slow as a dead... well something... after a couple of minutes it kindof picks up the pace, but as soon as i try to drag down the top bar, it just looks up (almost.. there is life, but kind of feels like a 10 mhz processor..) :S

Anyone got ANY clue?

EDIT: Tried to fix permissions, and to wipe dalvik and cache... no fun... :)

Edited by kakemanx

Guest 75markus
Cool, Optimus 2x on steroids :)

Care to share your your setup B)

i think my config was fr18b2 + this kernel, OC to 1,5 Ghz, no UV, killed all apps & tasks before testing ...

Edited by 75markus

Guest fl4mey
My batt time yesterday was very nice with RC1.

17 hours and still had 87% left when I charged it for the night. Just ordinary Google-sync and light use.

The thing that kills my batt is using positioning (Latitude), so over all, I'm glad for my baked rom =)

Yes i can confirm this.... life of battery is awesome

TY Paul for this nice stuff and sharing with us! :)

Guest Diskbox

Great rom and good battery life finally, thanks!

Does anyone have a problem getting the location stamped on their photos using stock camera app? Despite having gps locked on and even wifi connected all I get is "location unknown", what am I missing? note, this was the same on stock too. :)

Diskbox

Guest Peterfdevries

When will the pre-baked versions come. Seems this is stable right (except for the mixed report about battery life)

I want it to...

Guest AnonymousPengiun

Is it just me or is the gingerbread theme missing a bunch of icons such as the headphones one, or the data not connected one. They seem to be from Froyo and they really don't fit in...

i have the same problem , yesterday i charged my phone to 100% and it drop to 71% after 6h.... ( flight mode on ) @6h30 this morning , i restarted it ( flight mode always on ) and after 3h it still @ 71%.....

Guest Coilfan
Here is the new 622-baseband and the matching RIL.

I installed the baseband, gives me the correct information (1035.21_20110622)

Have a nice weekend! :)

Nice one, and thanx a lot. I've installed both, no big differences with 606 so far.

I think this should be added to the RIL section of this forum.