28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

FR7 seems to be the most unrealiable rom so far. When I used fr3 it was perfectly smooth with no lags, now it is very laggy, my music hicks up all the time, installing apps from the market almost lock up the phone and recovery with titanium also took ages.

I installed a fr7 with pc sync included rom from a fully wiped o2x (also manually wiped cache and dalvik-cache), and just restored user apps and no system settings whatsoever.

I'm confused :-(

Edited by wapz

Well i experienced some random freezing/lagging and total lockup where the screen or buttons will not respond. Only battery pull helped.

That is strange.

I have been playing with it non stop since 8 am today and last night.

Only now i experience some lag in the market when i scroll down, as well as in the home screen.

Guest Sesire
FR7 seems to be the most unrealiable rom so far. When I used fr3 it was perfectly smooth with no lags, now it is very laggy, my music hicks up all the time, installing apps from the market almost lock up the phone and recovery with titanium also took ages.

I installed a fr7 with pc sync included rom from a fully wiped o2x (also manually wiped cache and dalvik-cache), and just restored user apps and no system settings whatsoever.

I'm confused :-(

Same Probs here

Some times smoother than stock but in general more laggy. Waiting for Fr8 :D

Guest moonie17

Mines running like a dream after flashing Fr7 this morning :D really fast, smooth no lockups or browser freezes! good going Paul.

Guest vicsterscon

Something definitely seems wrong right now..

i've charged my phone all night, and it has just given me a low-power warning for 15% left, i pulled out of the plug around 7 this morning so it has bearly lasted me 5 hours ??

I have placed 1 call of aprox, 4 minuts and read about 5 minuts of news on it, thats all. else it has just been laying in my pocket ....

The issue seems to have started when i went to the FR5 and up, i remember it lasting a lot longer on FR1-4

if you need me to provide something special to troubleshoot shoutout, but this is definitely wrong

Currently Running on the lastet FR7 Build with nothing extra on top

1 sImI Clock widget

1 Search Widget

Auto-Brightness

2x Pulse "Large" widget updating once every 3rd hrs

i tested and played around abit and discovered that when using LG home screen insted of googles things work much smother, also i dont get any errors regarding my widgets. i use Search, calendar(LG) and the weather Widget.

Also i set it to 5 home screens. the app scroll isnt as smooth as the Stock Menu but now i dont get any random crashes at all.

Will continue testing and let you know wsup :D

Guest djmcnz
Something definitely seems wrong right now..

i've charged my phone all night, and it has just given me a low-power warning for 15% left, i pulled out of the plug around 7 this morning so it has bearly lasted me 5 hours ??

I have placed 1 call of aprox, 4 minuts and read about 5 minuts of news on it, thats all. else it has just been laying in my pocket ....

The issue seems to have started when i went to the FR5 and up, i remember it lasting a lot longer on FR1-4

if you need me to provide something special to troubleshoot shoutout, but this is definitely wrong

Currently Running on the lastet FR7 Build with nothing extra on top

1 sImI Clock widget

1 Search Widget

Auto-Brightness

2x Pulse "Large" widget updating once every 3rd hrs

Plug it in, the battery will come right again... for me between 3 and 15 mins. Although that's really annoying if it's reading lower than 15% because, even if you have a 75% charge you MUST keep it plugged in until it auto-corrects. Rebooting may help.

Same Probs here

Some times smoother than stock but in general more laggy. Waiting for Fr8 :D

I've just formatted my SD-card and rebooted couple of times and it did seem to improve quite a lot. What I also don't get is that after I formatted my SDcard (for the third time already since I got my O2x) clockworkmod does recognize it first time after I reboot into it. I'll ask this question in the CWM thread as well.

Yes, Fr8 will come when i've sorted the random browser lags.

P

Thank you Paul.

I stopped experiencing any issues with the browser since i switched back to lg home screen.

Nothing crashed since...

I found another issue with the camera in the Fr7.

If the Brightness setting is in Auto mode. when opening the camera app the screen will get very dark.

Guest BrumBrum74

My phone locked again. Had to take out battery. Was not browsing. Just turned on phone after it had locked itself last time and did not open any programs.

I found another issue with the camera in the Fr7.

If the Brightness setting is in Auto mode. when opening the camera app the screen will get very dark.

I wondered why the hell it was doing that!!!

WTF is that all about!

P

I wondered why the hell it was doing that!!!

WTF is that all about!

P

there is no issue if the setting is manual only in auto mode once the cam app is on the screen gets dark, i tested it few times now again just to be sure.

I is not a big deal at all, i am always using manual settings for the screen.

I am Just browsing through the functions to find issues.

there is no issue if the setting is manual only in auto mode once the cam app is on the screen gets dark, i tested it few times now again just to be sure.

I is not a big deal at all, i am always using manual settings for the screen.

I am Just browsing through the functions to find issues.

I use my screen in auto mode.

So i've fixed it ready for Fr8. :D

P

I use my screen in auto mode.

So i've fixed it ready for Fr8. :D

P

Nice !

One more thing i noticed but that is regarding the kitchen.

I didn't chose to use the Google MMS / SMS application so it seems like there is no other(LG) mms option, just sms.

Well, the LG SMS is included by default and only overwritten if you choose the Google one.

P

Then it is very strange that there is no mms option.

Albert.

Guest ralli1300

Hi Paul,

is there a chance you can implement a notification-flash with the backlight of the soft-touch-buttons ?

I just want to repeat my post:

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1654382

in fact that you can control the brightness of the "touchbar", it will be cool if the touchbar will pulsate (i dont know the correct word for this, so i will explain it shortly: from 0µA (off) in small steps in short time to a max from (ex) 1000µA and then back to 0µA). and this for every x seconds until the message is read / the call is "confirmed".

best would be if you could make three settings in the app for "pulsate speed", "delay between pulsate" and "maximal brightness".

This would make my day !