28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ezangrando
Hey Paul,

do I have to upgrade to the new baseband before I can apply FR12? Or can I just download FR12 and will that update me to the new baseband automatically?

Grz,

JJ

It's recomended so you can keep yours, and no FR12 don't install new baseband

So the experimental kernal .36 has been dropped? I don't see it in the options of the Kitchen anymore. I hope the .36 isn't default now since I had loads of issues with that one.

Guest davey4444

Going to upgrade later today, can't believe how far this ROM has come in such a short time.

Quick question for Paul - did you see my PM about ad-free status from Superetrader? I also replied in the "Where did you get your optimus from" thread.

Cheers.

Guest stuartrace

One very minor bug I've noticed (which I'm 95% sure is new in this release) - in the Gingerbread keyboard the & key has changed to its HTML alternative of & so doesn't fit in the box! Still works though!

Guest Qwertymon

so Im having some issues.

I can only get clockwork to update if I rename the file to @update.zip@ other then that it doesnt see the fr12 update, and even after Ive gotten it to run the update, it just constantly reboots after the modaco animation :). Any ideas on what I am doing wrong here?

Guest mfyeung818

I can only get clockwork to update if I rename the file to @update.zip@ other then that it doesnt see the fr12 update, and even after Ive gotten it to run the update, it just constantly reboots after the modaco animation :). Any ideas on what I am doing wrong here?

me too. What can i do? Please help :)

Guest heavyhms

You can apply zip from sd card and browse it for apply your archivie as a zip patch

Guest Reckoner123

Just updated to FR12, chose mostly standard stuff, and my top right Clock digits have gone black =\ Not sure how Ive done that, any ideas?

Guest ilya_bog

With new Fr12, my very old SIM card working again!

Big thanks Paul, you are the best!

I have tested on Fr11 with new baseband (1035.21_20110405 ) - still no SIM card detected, with Fr12 - YES !!! - SIM card detected and working!

Guest jaapschaap

Paul first of all, want to thank you for your great work... But i've 2 request, not for the ROM (that's perfect besides the fact that's not Android 2.3 :)), but for the kitchen...

12 times i had to choose everything over and over, and had to click exactly on the checkboxes (no fun on my android phone or when i'm not somber :)).

So my request are:

- add a remember option (or option to reverse selection will almost do the trick for me :P)

- make the text after/around the checkboxes labels so i/we can click on them (or just make the checkboxes bigger but that ugly on the computer)

Hope you or maybe the webmaster can make that happen!

For now i go reboot into recovery to flash FR12 :)

Edited by jaapschaap

Guest MeX_DK

My call quality so far has dropped rather badly after I switched radio drivers. I will give it a few days of use and see how well it goes and see if it might be something else messing with the "numbers"

Guest MrMastodon

FR12 does NOT include the new baseband, you will have to update the baseband manyally, and that update will wipe your phone regardless of your own plans for wiping...

I forgot that last bit, and was slightly annoyed to find my phode wiped, but it was nothing Titanium and 15 minutes of fiddeling couldn't fix!

Anyhow, thanx Paul, again! FR12 seems so far to be the smoothest ux i've had on this beast!

Guest Trym Hansen
Wow, that is a nuisance. Probably fixable, yeah, i'll look into it.

P

Thanks. Installed April baseband and FR12, an just wanted to let you know the issue is still present. I've also found that's the reason that long dates won't display properly, need to set the locale to "nb" to get correct long dates (and hence English system-menus and LG-apps).

It's not only a nuisance, it's bloody annoying! ;-)

The slow-down issues are still present as well, although this version is the best yet (for me). Setting the read-ahead back to 128 remedies the matter a little bit, can still take a good 10-15 seconds to open (any) app after installing something though. I cannot remember the stock ROM doing this.

::Trym

Edited by Trym Hansen

Guest Qwertymon
You can apply zip from sd card and browse it for apply your archivie as a zip patch

The only option I have that lets me choose something is the load new rom, Im following pauls instructions and it says to use update not load new rom >_<, should I be loading a new rom, I'll try that and nvflash if needed

Guest Korumera

Hmm i dont know what's wrong but i'm still getting random reboots with FR12, i had the same problem with FR11 and i dont have it with FR8. I had Juice Defender installed but removed it and i'll see of that causes problems.

Installted FR12 clean, so wipe, wipe cache, wipe dalvik. and install zip.

Guest ecki2k

Experiencing random reboots as well.

FR8 was stable, FR10 too, 11 rebooted so i flashed 12 and thought it was kind of a quick fix for those reboots but no. Rebooted twice the last 40 minutes... going back to FR8 for now and check if the new roms are the cause for this or (heaven forbid) the new baseband since I think you cannot revert to an older baseband...

Guest poi2005

Hmm..anyone using gingerbread keyboard?

I've noticed that between the % and 8 key is &amp instead the symbol & key.

No big deal though, just a bit odd to see a string doesn't fit into the square :)

Guest Aduck79
Hmm..anyone using gingerbread keyboard?

I've noticed that between the % and 8 key is & instead the symbol & key.

No big deal though, just a bit odd to see a string doesn't fit into the square :)

Same here