28 Jul Fr19: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the LG Optimus 2X with Online Kitchen (new: custom kernel)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest viperDono

@Paul sorry i have another question for you..

As i completed changed the theme for the LG Contacts,Mms and Phone apks. I am very interested about the changes you have made in those LG apps.

I guess you have made some changes in the dex files. Let me know pls.

Here you can see several screenshot of my theme.

screenshot1

screenshot2

screenshot3

screenshot4

Thanks

ps. i'm so sorry it was my mistake regarding the lockscreen...

Edited by viperDono

Guest Paul

Updated default kitchen options to include Google Car Home by default (it's better but more importantly it doesn't use as much battery).

P

Guest Paul
@Paul sorry i have another question for you..

As i completed changed the theme for the LG Contacts,Mms and Phone apks. I am very interested about the changes you have made in those LG apps.

I guess you have made some changes in the dex files. Let me know pls.

Here you can see several screenshot of my theme.

screenshot1

screenshot2

screenshot3

screenshot4

Thanks

I've rolled in newer releases.

P

Guest netz
@Paul

I am unable to flash fr16. I always get installation aborted Error status 6. I backed twice my rom but with no result.

I just tried to flash Cyanogen and I had no error.

Help

im having the exact same problem! i've baked atleast 6 roms but still have the same error msg!! and i checked the wipe battery stat option!!

help!!

Guest johnnydj
Alright, progress... this looks more like normal behaviour to me...

P

partialwakefr16testing.png

I don't know Paul.

I'm on FR15 right now, and this is mine :unsure:

hold on tight. you ready? :)

phone was off charger for over 26 hours :P

post-875952-1305295588_thumb.png

Guest Paul
I don't know Paul.

I'm on FR15 right now, and this is mine :unsure:

hold on tight. you ready? :)

phone was off charger for over 26 hours :P

Hah, impressive! What kitchen options are you running?

P

Guest alvari
This isn't specifically FRx related but regarding the "lock screen lag" or so it's been called where the home screen for example is displayed for a second or so when locking or unlocking.

I had a theory on this that it was *not* a live screen being displayed because the time on a widget on the screen that I had was wrong... it's actually a screen/frame buffer that's being displayed. I think this means the solution is probably in the kernel.

So, when you get those weird screens, it's not really "lag" (i.e. it's not the lock screen taking time to display), it's actually something Tegra related that is displaying old data on the screen.

Now here's a real fun trick:

I lock my screen (WidgetLocker if it makes a difference)

Power off from the lock screen (long press power and select Power Off) while phone is still locked

Shut the phone down

Wait for capacitive buttons to go out

Hold down power button for two seconds

What happens?

My lock screen is displayed... even though the phone is actually "off"... :unsure: It fades out after a few seconds.

This happened on all roms, including stock but I thought it was an interesting example to prove it's not "lag".

So, Paul I expect you to completely resolve this in the next hour or so... :)

I've had this happen too! With I think fr13.. aosp lockscreen & launcher, no widget stuff or anything like that added on top of the kitchen stuff.

Guest johnnydj
Hah, impressive! What kitchen options are you running?

P

I'm using the prebake version.

Romania is poor :)

But I will pay in for the ad-free version anyway soon :unsure:

Guest Soofian

Firstly, thanks Paul. It's a pleasure to support you guys with the donation. Best purchase this year!!!

Can I ask a couple of questions here?

I have now updated to your kitchen build FR16 and still cant solve the external and internal SD cards being available at the same time. Also, do you have any solutions to playing mkv x264 videos on this device, like the back episodes of HD TV stuff you can download from various sites.

:unsure:

Guest Trym Hansen
OK, here is a first cut of the Norwegian fixpack.

http://nigella.modaco.com/Fr16-r1-2x-nbfix.zip

This isn't an update zip or anything like that, it's just the APKs for you to push to your device. e.g. unzip to a directory (e.g. 'nbfix'), run 'adb remount && adb shell stop && adb push nbfix /system && adb reboot'.

The only thing I haven't translated yet is framework-res, so there will still be some english around the device, but the apps should be good.

P

Fantastic Paul, thanks a lot.

Pushed it to the phone and it works as advertised, however you still need a third party app to set locale to "nb", as the Language & Keyboard menu for "Norsk" still sets it to "no".

Great work.

::Trym

Edited by Trym Hansen

Guest Paul
Fantastic Paul, thanks a lot.

Pushed it to the phone and it works as advertised, however you still need a third party app to set locale to "nb", as the Language & Keyboard menu for "Norsk" still sets it to "no".

Great work.

::Trym

Ah, gotcha, i'll look at that too.

P

Guest withoutwings
Man, LG's Car Home really is a sensor hog isn't it (even when not in use!)

P

Have you had a chance to check into the Alarm/Clock sensor-hogging bug?

This should reproduce it:

1. Plug the phone in to charge

2. Set a repeat alarm (say, weekdays)

3. When the alarm goes off, hit snooze once (not sure if this affects it, but I do hit snooze pretty much every day!)

4. When it goes off again, stop the alarm

5. Unplug the phone

6. Leave it for a while

You should then see the Alarm/Clock with 100% sensor usage since last unplugged. For some reason non-repeat alarms do not appear to trigger this bug!

Guest TheSacredSoul
Alright, progress... this looks more like normal behaviour to me...

P

partialwakefr16testing.png

Something is obviously wrong with mine :unsure:

FR15

post-300297-1305299339_thumb.png

Edited by TheSacredSoul

Guest nold-i-spolen

After i upgraded from Fr13 to Fr16 I've had some problems with my text messages.........they no longer appear in chronological order, and newly messages is placed randomly in the thread of messages.......

I use the LG message app.

Is there a solution?

Guest Paul
After i upgraded from Fr13 to Fr16 I've had some problems with my text messages.........they no longer appear in chronological order, and newly messages is placed randomly in the thread of messages.......

I use the LG message app.

Is there a solution?

Sounds like your date / time is wrong.

P

Guest gaeng4665

Hi Paul, i tried to switch the mounting points for internal and external sdcard so that external becomes the primary one and internal becomes the secondary one.

I'm not sure if i did it right, so i'd highly appreciate it if you could take a look at the attached file.

More, if it is right, how do i convert the file again? It is now shown as a txt file only....

THX

Stefan

vold.fstab.txt

vold.fstab.txt

Guest Boergen

Hi paul,

I cannot enter the "GPS Test" menu from within the HiddenMenu. All other options within the HiddenMenu seem to work... Baked the ROM about 30min ago.

Boergen

Guest Paul
Hi paul,

I cannot enter the "GPS Test" menu from within the HiddenMenu. All other options within the HiddenMenu seem to work... Baked the ROM about 30min ago.

Boergen

That should be fixed now.

P

Guest Boergen

My phone contacs seem to be gone after flashing the baked ROM. I'm missing the option to show the phone contacts and I also cannot import contacts onto the phone (only to my google account).