updating my out of the box Advent vega

Guest pagere

Guest pagere

Please please help.

I have just bought the Advent Vega and would like to upgrade the ROM to receive all the other bits like Android Market. I havent a clue where to start.

I need simple step by step instructions.

I would be so grateful for anyones help ppplllleeeeaaaasssseeee :D

Guest peter a
Please please help.

I have just bought the Advent Vega and would like to upgrade the ROM to receive all the other bits like Android Market. I havent a clue where to start.

I need simple step by step instructions.

I would be so grateful for anyones help ppplllleeeeaaaasssseeee :D

Look at the Pinned Topics , 09/Feb r8 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Advent Vega with Online Kitchen

Guest trevor432990

Hello there you need to do a bit of reading before you dive in too fast so take a look at this topic first for some very useful tips. Which operating system does your PC/Laptop use?

Guest pagere

my laptops is Windows XP

I have looked at the step by step instructions and am very confused ( I am not very technical at all)

03. Download and unzip the firmware update and USB drivers to a folder on your PC. Make sure all .zip files are unzipped

What does this actually mean? IN ENGLISH please lol

Guest trevor432990
my laptops is Windows XP

I have looked at the step by step instructions and am very confused ( I am not very technical at all)

03. Download and unzip the firmware update and USB drivers to a folder on your PC. Make sure all .zip files are unzipped

What does this actually mean? IN ENGLISH please lol

Aha looks like you have some catching up to do but hopefully so long as you have the patience it takes you'll be all right. If you look at bullet point 19 it has links to some videos about the process so I'd go and watch them and see how you get on then come back here and someone will help I'm sure. I'm going offline for tonight myself. Good luck ! :D

Guest bazanime
Hello there you need to do a bit of reading before you dive in too fast so take a look at this topic first for some very useful tips. Which operating system does your PC/Laptop use?

Why isn't the guide pinned anymore? Is there a limit to how many can be shown at a time? That guide is really useful, it should be there permanently.

Guest peter a
Why isn't the guide pinned anymore? Is there a limit to how many can be shown at a time? That guide is really useful, it should be there permanently.

Try pinned topic number 5 , are you Trolling ?

Edited by peter a

Guest bazanime
Try pinned topic number 5 , are you Trolling ?

Pinned topic 5 - MyAdventVega - User Manual, Updates etc.

Not the same as the guides in the link here.

Not trolling, just asking just in case I missed it. It will be helpful for most new users and cuts down on new threads like this.

Guest trevor432990

I agree completely and I have suggested to Paul that important guides such as this are pinned so that we can give people useful information and avoid repeat questions but as yet there has been no reply so if there any moderators watching. Can we pin some topics like Percy25's How to Guides PLEASE :D