Noob is needing advice regarding USB transfer

Guest sodium1

Guest sodium1

I have flashed my new tablet with "09/Feb r8 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Advent Vega with Online Kitchen" and also added a new 32gb sd card to increase the memory. Can anyone tell me how i transfer files etc from my desktop to my tablet ? I have tried using the USB cable that i used for the flash, but the desktop is not "seeing" the tablet anymore. I suppose i can remove the sd card and transfer fles that way, but it seems so fiddly to keep unmounting etc Can anyone suggest a solution to this minor problem ?? btw, love this site...i am sure i will spend many hours on here !! Kindest regards.

Edited by sodium1

Guest andrewdolphin
I have flashed my new tablet with "09/Feb r8 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Advent Vega with Online Kitchen" and also added a new 32gb sd card to increase the memory. Can anyone tell me how i transfer files etc from my desktop to my tablet ? I have tried using the USB cable that i used for the flash, but the desktop is not "seeing" the tablet anymore. I suppose i can remove the sd card and transfer fles that way, but it seems so fiddly to keep unmounting etc Can anyone suggest a solution to this minor problem ?? btw, love this site...i am sure i will spend many hours on here !! Kindest regards.

Are you in USB host mode? As that would stop it working. You need to be in slave mode to connect to a PC.

Go to settings.....about device and see what kernel version says.

Guest sodium1

Thank you to the both of you...i can now tramsfer data between my pc and vega...one other question though, where to i put the apk files i have downloaded with my pc onto my vega ??

Guest sodium1
you could also bluetooth the files if you like simple and fast.

Thanks for that..i will try it. I have tried using a 4gb USB pen to transfer stuff over, but that is not also being recognised...lol.....problems...problems

Guest trevor432990
Thanks for that..i will try it. I have tried using a 4gb USB pen to transfer stuff over, but that is not also being recognised...lol.....problems...problems

Which directory are you looking for the USB device in? It should be in /mnt/usb/system_usb/

Guest sodium1
Which directory are you looking for the USB device in? It should be in /mnt/usb/system_usb/

Well, I think its ok now...to be honest al i did was use a reformatting tool and its now working. Thanks :D