Best ROM?

Guest SimonGre

Guest SimonGre

I want all the sensors working, so I guess that immediately rules out some.

Obviously the "official" Modaco ROM is the uber-stable one, but based on Android 2.2

Is there something based on 2.3, that is still stable and has all the features?

Guest Mark_L

Obviously the "official" Modaco ROM is the uber-stable one, but based on Android 2.2

There are no 2.3 ROM's yet.. but this is probably because the manufactures are all waiting on 3.0 to see what is going to happen there first.

For the time being go for the Modaco ROM if you want a custom one IMHO..

Guest premieral

which ones would it rule out? :D

Guest the_corvus
There are no 2.3 ROM's yet.. but this is probably because the manufactures are all waiting on 3.0 to see what is going to happen there first.

For the time being go for the Modaco ROM if you want a custom one IMHO..

CM7 is 2.3, but no official.

You can try too Modaco's, CorvusVegaRom or Buzz custom ones...

Corvus.

Guest ViPaSoft

You should subscribe, if you haven't already, and then use Pauls r8 Kitchen which allows you to pick and choose which bits you want in your ROM ans which bits to leave out.

Really stable and very good.

Guest steviesteve

Corvus gets my vote! Only problem is the phone parts have been left in which confuses me sometime. Oherwise its fast and looks great.

Guest stoolzo
Corvus gets my vote! Only problem is the phone parts have been left in which confuses me sometime. Oherwise its fast and looks great.

what the advantages of Corvus over fuji do you know?

Guest the_corvus

Phone is here becuase people using 3g data...

Cant be removed.

Corvus

Guest Mark_L
CM7 is 2.3, but no official.

You can try too Modaco's, CorvusVegaRom or Buzz custom ones...

What??!!? theres a 2.3 ROM for the Vega?!?!?!? Where!!?!?!

I want it now! What is this CM7 you speak off?

Guest zzleezz

Yeah, CM7 has promise but still some work needed.

My vote goes for Corvus rom right now, its got the one thing I have been waiting for since pretty much day one - wifi on while device is asleep. Also very fast, has a nicer (for me with my big fingers) status bar thats a little thicker than the mcr roms. And so far from 24 hours of use its been rock solid :D

Guest SimonGre
Yeah, CM7 has promise but still some work needed.

My vote goes for Corvus rom right now, its got the one thing I have been waiting for since pretty much day one - wifi on while device is asleep. Also very fast, has a nicer (for me with my big fingers) status bar thats a little thicker than the mcr roms. And so far from 24 hours of use its been rock solid :D

Been reading things about sensors not working. I am after a fully working ROM, not a partially working one.... I run a almost stock HTC Legend ROM on my phone, as everything else is pretty much half-working crap hacked together.

Guest zzleezz
Been reading things about sensors not working. I am after a fully working ROM, not a partially working one.... I run a almost stock HTC Legend ROM on my phone, as everything else is pretty much half-working crap hacked together.

Running CM7 on my HTC Desire and its superb. Over the last 24 hours another dev has become involved in putting CM7 on the vega and it looks like its working very well. I will try it later when I have time to backup and flash it. Has tablet specific layout that looks like it will be very useful.

Fully working I would still recommend Corvus' rom as I could not find any fault with that.

Guest premieral
Running CM7 on my HTC Desire and its superb. Over the last 24 hours another dev has become involved in putting CM7 on the vega and it looks like its working very well. I will try it later when I have time to backup and flash it. Has tablet specific layout that looks like it will be very useful.

Fully working I would still recommend Corvus' rom as I could not find any fault with that.

definately +1 for Corvus Rom no issues at all from me :D

Guest maverick6378
definately +1 for Corvus Rom no issues at all from me :D

ATM defiantly Corvus rom, very smooth and quick, nice notification bar and icons and some nice extra touches and animations, I personally like it much more than the modaco rom, I use it with launchergo ex and wall switch for the backgrounds to look good.

Mav

Guest Schooleydoo
Same here, fast, stable, awesome. Why fix it if its not broken?

Can I assume this is your chosen method of transport? :D

horse_drawn_cart_02.jpg

+1 for Corvus.

Guest peter a
So i take it this is a Libya like rebellion against Paul's rom, corvus being the new winner of hearts.

That’s called innovation !!!!

Someone start it off , next person makes a little better version , the first person think of some more ideas and make a improved version , then a third person gets all the best ideas from person one and two and puts it all together.

That is the way of the world !!!.

Guest zzleezz
So i take it this is a Libya like rebellion against Paul's rom, corvus being the new winner of hearts.

Erm, no.....

Without Paul the Vega would probably have sunk into oblivion, but he works on a lot of different devices, he always has. Its very difficult to balance supporting older devices with being on the cutting edge of android development. So, at this time Paul has not released anything for a while that can in my opinion compete with the work being done by the devs that are more concentrated on 1 or 2 devices.

I have no doubt that if Paul were to release r9 tomorrow 95% of the members of this board (probably including Corvus and Buzz) would install it straight away.

What Paul goes to great lengths to encourage is a healthy community in which people create their own releases alongside his, and what you will find in almost every one of those releases is a thanks to Paul in the first post.....