[ROM] CyanogenMod 7

Guest AntonioPT

Guest SaladOA

Had a play around and like the direction things are heading, but this is certainly not a viable day-to-day ROM for me. It's very close though. When it behaves itself it's an absolute pleasure.

Guest jeddy1
Go to superuser and make sure you pressed allow and not deny.

hello ! i am not newbie:p.i know that.i´ve done more than u think.it doesn´t work.i flashed superuser ... from clockwork also but it doesn´t show it even detect it.i tried to root with z4root and universal androot 1.6.1 but again nope.maybe its bec i´m using DE update.. now i am back to official again .will try again after sometime.

Guest jeddy1
You should maybe change

ROM (2011-04-02) to ROM (2011-04-20) :)

Nice work Antonio

yes i think that too :)

btw why the name of cm7 is not update-cm-7.0.0-U8220-KANG-signed anymore?.anything changed ? not i guess neh:)

Edited by jeddy1

Guest biron_w

I'll try this ROM out. Although I went back to FLB rom before the new version of this was released as I got sick of my phone slowing down.

This is now way disrespectful to anybody that has worked on the CM roms for the pulse as I am grateful for what they've done for us pulse owners,it's more that the pulse is slow and outdated now.

Edited by biron_w

Guest TiagoGV

i've install the latest ROM, and the gapps don't appear. Do i have to do the same fix as the first ROM?

Also the phone has no MAC adress and i can't change it with SetMacAdress app. is there a fix?

Edited by TiagoGV

Guest Casterina
hello ! i am not newbie:p.i know that.i´ve done more than u think.it doesn´t work.i flashed superuser ... from clockwork also but it doesn´t show it even detect it.i tried to root with z4root and universal androot 1.6.1 but again nope.maybe its bec i´m using DE update.. now i am back to official again .will try again after sometime.

Try the UK 2.1 update, i'm currently using it and it works fine for me :)

Guest arlindo.costa
and it will not fix soon? why is the final version if that problem is not fix yet?

These are not Final versions. Definately still in the beta phase, but getting close!

Guest Casterina

I'm getting force closes with the facebook application when i press the profile section. Is there a way to maximising the battery on 2.3

The batery tends to die very quickly on this ROM "/

i think thats a prob from the app itself and has nothing to do with cm7. read comments in market.

I'm getting force closes with the facebook application when i press the profile section.

Guest Casterina
i think thats a prob from the app itself and has nothing to do with cm7. read comments in market.

Oh crap, just checked... I get the same issue with Angry birds as well :/

Guest eckengucker1
I'm getting force closes with the facebook application when i press the profile section. Is there a way to maximising the battery on 2.3

It's defiantly an app-problem. I've the same issue under 2.2. as well.

Guest totiadrenalin

Because of the copybit bug!

It's overloading the processor all of the time!

And I perform a bit testing over the new dta2sd beta.

when I reboot your phone via the shutdown menu, the phone stack on the android splash logo, and never boot.

And if I shutdown the phone and turn it on it's buut without any problems.

Without the dta2sd flashed I don't have any problems at all.

And also with the old dta2sd I don't have that kind a problems!

So it gotta be the new dta2sd beta4!

I can't even get the adb logcat when it stack on the android logo!

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest Casterina

when I reboot your phone via the shutdown menu, the phone stack on the android splash logo, and never boot.

Hmmm.. I believe i could get over a days use with this ROM... I get like 85% battery after an hour :) I currently got the old dta2sd installed.

Guest SuhiJr

I have a new dta2sd beta4 and phone normaly boots and reboots but if its on chargerer then dont boots.

Angry birds rio are smooth.

I have some market problem when downloading apps, some app download some not

Sorry for my bad english.

Edited by SuhiJr

Guest Brad55555
There was so many people asking me to give them a CM7 ROM that I decided to make a thread.

First things first, this is an UNOFFICIAL ROM. That means you can't post issues on the CyanogenMod bug tracker, basically you can't call this a true CyanogenMod ROM because it's not official. Of course you can still post issues and bugs here, on this thread.

Secondly, I'd like to thank, obviously, Tom G, because without him we wouldn't have all the wonderful CM ROMs we have today. I am just using his device config to compile CM7, he did the bulk of the work. Thank you in the name of the entire community!

Now let's get to the good stuff.

Download links:

• ROM (2011-04-02): http://www.mediafire.com/?8hm2v4i2wbkuth7
  • Gapps (2011-03-07): http://android.d3xt3r01.tk/cyanogen/gapps/...0307-signed.zip
  • DT A2SD: (2.7.5.3 Beta 04): http://www.darktremor.info/files/a2sd/dtap...ta04-signed.zip
  • Touchpal language (APKs): http://www.mediafire.com/?t2crtueay7d9cue

2011-04-20: Updated CM source (CM 7.0.0 final).

This release should finally fix the Market/APK install bug.

Removed LauncherPro.

Include CMWallpapers and ROM Manager again.

Fixed manual network selection bug (Tom G).

Discontinued Chinese input support.

Discontinued custom DT A2SD and Gapps, now recommended to use "vanilla" DT A2SD and Gapps.

See
    for the full changelog.

How do I install this ROM?

• Download the ROM, Gapps and DT A2SD.
    • Transfer them to your phone's SD card.
    • Using ClockworkMod recovery:
      • Make a nandroid backup.
      • Wipe data / factory reset.
      • Flash the zips (ROM, then Gapps and DT A2SD).

[*]Reboot.

[*]If anything goes wrong, restore the nandroid backup you made.

What do I do after installing it?

[*]Using CyanogenMod Settings, enable OC and enable the "Set on boot" option.

[*]Disabling the window animations/transitions will also make the phone go faster.

[*]Some users have reported that LauncherPro and Zeam Launcher are faster than ADW.Launcher.

[*]Using DT A2SD to store apps and dalvik cache on SD Card will also come with a big performance boost.

[*]Enable swap.

[*]If you want additional touchpal languages (English is included by default), install the APKs.

Don't forget to give some feedback (bugs, opinions, suggestions, issues...). Enjoy :)

Guest aress

hi,the rom is prety fine but my device is slower.

i have only 36,41 memory available after i close all the apps with task killer

any ideeas?

what can i do?

since 2 days ago i was on cm6 and i have the same problem.

i read in this threat that some people have 100 mb,how?

thx

Guest Casterina
hi,the rom is prety fine but my device is slower.

i have only 36,41 memory available after i close all the apps with task killer

any ideeas?

what can i do?

since 2 days ago i was on cm6 and i have the same problem.

i read in this threat that some people have 100 mb,how?

thx

If you have SWAP then you dont need to worry :) Download the a2sd gui app, and see how much SWAP you have left :)

I get the same, i get about 36-41 after killing all apps...

Guest totiadrenalin
I have a new dta2sd beta4 and phone normaly boots and reboots but if its on chargerer then dont boots.

Angry birds rio are smooth.

I have some market problem when downloading apps, some app download some not

Sorry for my bad english.

The problem about the market app is because of that google has changed things how does android work.

From Gingerbread now when you install app from the market, it doesn't download the temporary application file in /data/local/download/ but it bind that folder in /cache/download/

And because of that the cache partition is very low on memory only 20MB it constantly get overloaded.

That's why it can't download bigger apps, not bigger than 20MB.

And the strange and very interesting part is that when I try to install a app stored on my external sdcard storage, the tmp file of the app is storred in /data/local directly.

Ham?!!!

Interesting!

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest Brad55555
The problem about the market app is because of that google has changed things how does android work.

From Gingerbread now when you install app from the market, it doesn't download the temporary application file in /data/local/download/ but it bind that folder in /cache/download/

And because of that the cache partition is very low on memory only 20MB it constantly get overloaded.

That's why it can't download bigger apps, not bigger than 20MB.

And the strange and very interesting part is that when I try to install a app stored on my external sdcard storage, the tmp file of the app is storred in /data/local directly.

Ham?!!!

Interesting!

I have a problem with the market app.I can't find it anywhere i installed and reinstalled the cm7 and still nothing no market.Can anyone tell me how to get the market app and speed up my system a bit on my t-mobile pulse thanks :)