[ROM] CyanogenMod 7

Guest AntonioPT

Guest peelie
Hey!

I create one interesting script, with which you can increase and decrease the memory IO speed.

Install this through recovery mode.

And after the phone boot up, open the terminal and type

sysinfo

With that command you will get some interesting and useful informations.

If you wan't to increase the memory IO buffers speed type

iofix

And if you want to reverse the iofix "implementation" type

ioreverse.

After you implement the iofix, get some SD speedtest tools and test it!

On reboot you will not loose the implementation.

Best regards

TOTI

:mellow:

hi toti does this work on cm6 as well?

Guest Casterina
Hey!

I create one interesting script, with which you can increase and decrease the memory IO speed.

Install this through recovery mode.

And after the phone boot up, open the terminal and type

sysinfo

With that command you will get some interesting and useful informations.

If you wan't to increase the memory IO buffers speed type

iofix

And if you want to reverse the iofix "implementation" type

ioreverse.

After you implement the iofix, get some SD speedtest tools and test it!

On reboot you will not loose the implementation.

Best regards

TOTI

Is this script better than the clockwork recovery script?

Guest will8578

i have updated for about the millionth time now lol,to this rom, i have done the rom tre update and then flashed everything plus totis script, really really impressed, just need some of the apps that install on the sd card not to force close, going to read back and see what it was toti said about fixing it, if thats what he said. thanks.

Guest Casterina
i have updated for about the millionth time now lol,to this rom, i have done the rom tre update and then flashed everything plus totis script, really really impressed, just need some of the apps that install on the sd card not to force close, going to read back and see what it was toti said about fixing it, if thats what he said. thanks.

If its like widgets and stuff, make sure the app is stored on the internal memory. Apps like angry birds on the pule 2.3 are force closing for everyone i believe. Facebook force closes as well, some of the force closes are with the apps themselves.

Guest will8578

ah ok, i shall try and squeeze all my fav things into i think 70mb free space, should be ok, i'll try some of them on the sd card, thanks.

Guest totiadrenalin
Is this script better than the clockwork recovery script?

Virtually on any rom and any device and any version of android.

The only important thing is to be rooted.

Guest jeddy1
Virtually on any rom and any device and any version of android.

The only important thing is to be rooted.

what u wanna say ?can we use it also for our blades??

Edited by jeddy1

Guest jeddy1
Any existing Android device!

ok thanks:) i am gona flash it:). sorry for a silly question but can that be used example (play games better and smoother?)

or explain me in few simple words for what exactly it is.

thanks again:)

Guest totiadrenalin
ok thanks:) i am gona flash it:). sorry for a silly question but can that be used example (play games better and smoother?)

or explain me in few simple words for what exactly it is.

thanks again:)

This script increase the memory buffers, which will increase the write/read speed of both internal and external memory storage.

the internal Nand flash (ROM) memory buffer by default is set to 4kb.

This is extremely low value.

And if you increase the buffer it'll boost the transfer (I/O) speed.

And yes!

It'll boost the performances of the phone!

The only difference between this script and some other sdspeedfix scripts is that you can control it.

Best regards

TOTI

I Update the IOfix script

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest hungary
This script increase the memory buffers, which will increase the write/read speed of both internal and external memory storage.

the internal Nand flash (ROM) memory buffer by default is set to 4kb.

This is extremely low value.

And if you increase the buffer it'll boost the transfer (I/O) speed.

And yes!

It'll boost the performances of the phone!

The only difference between this script and some other sdspeedfix scripts is that you can control it.

Best regards

TOTI

I Update the IOfix script

I get error:

"iofix: cannon create /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/31:0/read_ahead_kb premission denied"

Guest totiadrenalin
I get error:

"iofix: cannon create /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/31:0/read_ahead_kb premission denied"

Ha ?

I don't know any reason why it can not change the file?

I'm sorry, but did you type su first?

As I already say, the phone must be rooted.

Guest hungary
Ha ?

Thanks. Root was the problem. Sorry, i dont root my fresh rom :mellow:

Edited by hungary

Guest totiadrenalin
I get error:

Ha ?

Guest totiadrenalin
I get error:

Ha ?

I'm sorry butfor the double post.

My phone trick me!

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest Casterina

1.I think this is an internal issue, when i go to set brightness settings.. i set it to 40%/100%/Dim/Auto... I keep getting the default settings (40%/100%/0%).

2. When i access the market and download something, the battery rapidly decreases :mellow: I got 65% to 40% within 2 minutes of the download :o

Guest totiadrenalin
1.I think this is an internal issue, when i go to set brightness settings.. i set it to 40%/100%/Dim/Auto... I keep getting the default settings (40%/100%/0%).

2. When i access the market and download something, the battery rapidly decreases :mellow: I got 65% to 40% within 2 minutes of the download :o

I found something that I don't like at all in this rom! - BUT IT IS GOOGLES FOULS!

At first I was so happy that google has change something on good!

But, after few days testing, reinstalling, and etc. The Backup and automating restore, that google included in Gingerbread is cosing fatal problems if you try to mess up the things!

If you mess something and then reinstall the cm7 from scratch you won't get rid of that mess!

Android is reconfigure it self, and get back all the mess.

I Love the way how does Android download all the apps that was previews installed on pulse, but not the auto restore of the android configuration.

If I want to get rid of that mess, I have to login with some other gmail account.

That part wasn't the problem with me!

I already have 6 Gmail accounts, but all the contacts are synchronized with only one of my accounts. - The one with whom I did the mess on my phone!

Is there any way first to register my phone with other account, and then to add other account and sync my contacts, but without getting back all of my previews mess?

To be exact!

I mess up the phone.apk and after i perform full wipe/factory reset in recovery, and reinstall the cm7 rom.

The phone boot Up perfectly, but after I add my gmail user and pass In few seconds The dialer doesn't work.

I get some error with rild in logcat.

I simply can't call anybody, but still can send SMS.

Even the 3G stop working in matter of seconds.

If somebody could help me please?!

And the problem is that I have over 300 important contacts in that gmail account!

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest Csöpi

sound bad man:(

you could export all your contats in gmail to a file. create a new temporally gmail account and import them. Then login with that account on your phone and you are good to go.

Guest necrologist

@totiadrenalin

Do you have access to "Settings > Privacy > Back up my data / Automatic restore" before setting up a google account for the phone?

Contact snycing and the rest can be set up separately in "Settings > Accounts & Sync" later.

Or you could try the built-in "Factory data reset" in privacy settings, I guess that should wipe those settings on the google servers too.

Guest rulerofkaos
@totiadrenalin

Do you have access to "Settings > Privacy > Back up my data / Automatic restore" before setting up a google account for the phone?

Contact snycing and the rest can be set up separately in "Settings > Accounts & Sync" later.

Or you could try the built-in "Factory data reset" in privacy settings, I guess that should wipe those settings on the google servers too.

You can export your contacts from one gmail account and import on another, this would help.

Guest totiadrenalin
sound bad man:(

you could export all your contats in gmail to a file. create a new temporally gmail account and import them. Then login with that account on your phone and you are good to go.

Thanks

@totiadrenalin

Thanks

You can export your contacts from one gmail account and import on another, this would help.

Thanks

I export the contacts to sdcard.

Wipe/Factory reset in recovery, install the rom once again.

And then login with other gmail account and restore the contacts!

And everything is ok now!

Thank you guys once again!

Edited by totiadrenalin