[ROM] CyanogenMod 7

Guest AntonioPT

Guest bindi

I can use almost any other 8220 ROMs but when trying to install this CM7 - 20th Apr, I can't see GAPPS. I have done clean install many times and installed GAPPS as well but still no market. Also battery consumption is like my pay-cheque (never figured out where it went). I have old UK 2.1 update originally. I ended up using CM6 versions on ROM. Any advice?

I thought I saw my problem solved the second time I flashed my phone with this ROM but I was mistaken.

The battery drain problem doesn't appear until the first charge process after flash. So I charged it yesterday, at the end of the morning and yesterday evening I had only 50% of battery remain. Today, when I waked up, 23%. So it drain 27% of battery overnight, even with a SetCPU profile 122-300 Mhz when screen is off, wireless off and gps off.

It must be some OS process related with charging, that keeps running background!

I only wish to know how to fix it ;)

Edited by h83

Guest totiadrenalin

If you wan't to check my last custom mod for pulse, visit this link.

I sell my pulse today for 115 euro.

But I pull out the rom and and upload it for you.

It is 2.1 uk rom, but with FlashLite, FlashPlugin, and Emotion UI widgets from Huawei u8500.

And this is the most stable rom I've ever used.

Also the battery last for more than 2 days with this rom.

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest rangeoshun
It's not working on U8230

It's not working on your u8230! You didn't specify anything else, so I'm guessing you didn't follow the instructions right. I'm telling you,it works on mine....

Guest rangeoshun
have you ever thought about things like this?

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=710850

Let me save you the time of reading all this. In it's current form, this is impossible.

I think this tells it all...

Guest moorkai

Got it. The bootloop problem was caused by the flashing order, it isn't ROM, Gapps, DT A2SD, it is ROM, DT A2SD and then Gapps.

Guest rangeoshun

I used the same method written in the 1st post, and the order is also right there, it works on my rbm2.... Have you done wipe of any kind between the two flashes?

Guest hungary
Great news! :)

Any change log for this update?

Does someone already tested it?

What about the battery drain problem, any news?

I tried it.

- Its still very slow

- Cant connect to network ("Error while searching for network")

- Still 2.6.29 kernel.

- Camera not work.

I dont see any different from the first version. (Im talking about the Pulse-related errors)

Edited by hungary

Guest elchverleiher
Great news! :) Any change log for this update?Does someone already tested it?What about the battery drain problem, any news?
I just installed it - that one runs quite smooth... :rolleyes: But: it's got no mobile net, no gapps (download and install :rolleyes: ) and - of course - no camera until now.

Guest Casterina
I just installed it - that one runs quite smooth... :)

But: it's got no mobile net, no gapps (download and install :rolleyes: ) and - of course - no camera until now.

The rom size seems to be kinda small, is there anything missing in the rom?

Guest Tom G

Some of you may have noticed the u8220 (pulse) has finally been added to gerrit and I (or anyone else) can now upload changes for it. My recent update which changed a bunch of things appears to have dramatically improved battery life. My pulse has been on battery for 3d 19h and still has 33% battery left. I haven't been using it, but it does have a SIM in it and is signed into google. I don't remember ever getting battery life like that out of it.

The camera is still not working, but some other minor issues have been fixed and I think there has been a good speed improvement (I don't use it much so don't know if it will slow down with a bit of use). Now just to fix the camera, then I can start looking at adding some extra functionality.

I've also noticed that youtube doesn't work. Other video playback is ok, but youtube is broken. Is that a new issue?

Guest dtox125

batery improved alot.youtube works great don't know about others.and the speed is amaizing.you should check for the wifi driver path in the boardconfig.mk

tank you tom for the amaizing work.

Guest Tom G

Oops, forgot to submit one of the modifications with the last patch. Thanks.

I have the path correct locally, so it works for me, but I missed including BoardConfig.mk in the patch.

Guest arlindo.costa
Oops, forgot to submit one of the modifications with the last patch. Thanks.

I have the path correct locally, so it works for me, but I missed including BoardConfig.mk in the patch.

:) Great stuff Tom. Thanks for all the hard work :-)