add/delete stuff to ROM then re-sign and flash?

Guest Gilg@mesh

Guest Gilg@mesh
Just disable signature verification, no need to resign it.

hmm, can I just add and delete it direct into the zip file or do I need to unpack it with winrar first then zip it again? :/

Guest Gilg@mesh
You can add directly in.

P

thanks will try it soon, but one question, How do I do with ZIP files that I like and want to include in the ROM instead of flashing them one by one in recovery? I tried with the online kitchen and uploaded one zip file but it did not work.

Guest djmcnz
thanks will try it soon, but one question, How do I do with ZIP files that I like and want to include in the ROM instead of flashing them one by one in recovery? I tried with the online kitchen and uploaded one zip file but it did not work.

You need two things:

The files

The update script

The second is impossible to "integrate" with drag & drop... so, if it contains specific instructions you'll need to edit them into the ROM update script. This will be more hassle than hot flashing one update after the other.

Watch this space though, I'll port some tools over from my Nexus ROM this weekend which should make customising your MCR install a little easier.

Edited by djmcnz

Guest Gilg@mesh
You need two things:

The files

The update script

The second is impossible to "integrate" with drag & drop... so, if it contains specific instructions you'll need to edit them into the ROM update script. This will be more hassle than hot flashing one update after the other.

Watch this space though, I'll port some tools over from my Nexus ROM this weekend which should make customising your MCR install a little easier.

thanks m8, but I just tried again with upload a zip, this time I tried with your music control mod and flashed and it seems to be working :D

Guest MaliciousKen
Would love to see that battery status mod also in the online kitchen. It looks awesome :D altho it's not much work to change it after an update B)

I am okay with it (anyway credits belong to the original creator of the pngs and xmls). I merely edited the framework-res.apk which is a very insignificant task.

I think MCR should be kept as close to stock as possible, while allowing customizations of system apps and performance enhancements.

Theme / Mod should be flashed separately.

Edited by MaliciousKen