Logitech Harmony

Guest JamJarST

Guest JamJarST

Well just ordered my Vega and was wondering if I could get it to work with my Logitech Harmony remote, has anyone tried this? I have the Harmony 525 and also the PS3 Adapter, which I think converts infra red to blue tooth. Alternatively is there something else I could try to remotely control the VEGA, I use my San Francisco to control my laptop using PRemoteDroid.

Guest MarioUK
Well just ordered my Vega and was wondering if I could get it to work with my Logitech Harmony remote, has anyone tried this? I have the Harmony 525 and also the PS3 Adapter, which I think converts infra red to blue tooth. Alternatively is there something else I could try to remotely control the VEGA, I use my San Francisco to control my laptop using PRemoteDroid.

Hi, I also have the Harmony 525 and the PS3 adaptor and neither will not work with the Vega. For starters the Vega has no infra red port, and the PS3 adaptor you have is no good as it will only pair with a PS3, and will only send/receive PS3 related codes anyway and thus won't work with the Vega either.

Guest trevor432990

What exactly are you wanting the remote control to do on the Vega? There are several remote access apps for the Vega but which one you use depends on what functionality you need for example this device has been adopted by some people to provide wireless keyboard/mouse access to the Vega (you need to install the Modaco ROM with the USB Host first) but if you want remote desktop like functionality that is another solution.

Edit:- As an aside I sold my Logitech Harmony 1100 Remote to buy the Vega in the hope I could someday use it as a 'Universal Remote Control' via an IR interface but still waiting for the manufacturers to put their Android development hats on :D

Edited by trevor432990

Guest JamJarST
What exactly are you wanting the remote control to do on the Vega? There are several remote access apps for the Vega but which one you use depends on what functionality you need for example this device has been adopted by some people to provide wireless keyboard/mouse access to the Vega (you need to install the Modaco ROM with the USB Host first) but if you want remote desktop like functionality that is another solution.

Edit:- As an aside I sold my Logitech Harmony 1100 Remote to buy the Vega in the hope I could someday use it as a 'Universal Remote Control' via an IR interface but still waiting for the manufacturers to put their Android development hats on :D

The main thing I wanted to be able to do was control media playback when I have it plugged into my TV if that makes sense. The wireless keyboard/mouse access may be all I need so thanks.